PSG 2014 - 2015 Champions League Thread

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by Pandore, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Not watching the game due to me helping a friend and his family move, but it seems too tense for my heart.

2. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    YESSSSSSS!!!! ICI C'EST PARIS!!!!!

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    CHANTEZZZZZ PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN!!!!!!!

Pandore repped this.
  4. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    cavani needs to work on his sharpness in the opponents box .. their two chances he could have buried

Pandore repped this.
  5. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I can't wait to see what David Luiz's haters will say now. :)

6. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Le marquis de stade :inlove: (credit to SoFoot for this joke).

[​IMG]

zizouForlife, Catracho_Azul and Pandore repped this.
  7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Crowed seemed kinda quiet to me. The supporters with those lame PSG flags, not a fan of it because we know those arent the real ultras.

8. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Really? I thought they did pretty well. I could hear them throughout the game

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  9. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    PSG won against Barcelona and you had to come up with negativity...unbelievable.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I didnt see the whole match, sorry. Seems they got louder towards the end.

11. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Anyone who needs a good laugh should head over to the Barcelona forum, where they're saying that we're a small team, that their team didn't seem to care about this game, and basically a bunch of other bitter comments. I admire certain things about Barcelona, but their glory hunting fans are really delusional.

guignol, StarrMatthieu and Catracho_Azul repped this.
  12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I wholeheartedly agree.

StarrMatthieu and Pandore repped this.
  13. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    We're such a small team that beat them without Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva. :laugh:

Not to mention, doesn't referring to the team that just beat you as small make your team look worse? :)

14. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Love this picture: http://www.psg.fr/fr/Actus/105003/G...album/paris-3-2-barcelona/paris-barcelone-3-2

You can tell Zlatan really cares about the club and not just his own performances.

On another note, a few weeks ago I was wondering when DL would score his first goal for PSG (since I remember him scoring quite a few great goals for club and country). Who knew it would be in the Champions League against Barcelona? Simply incredible. Not to mention, even if he hadn't scored, his performance would still have been outstanding.

Just for reference, I'm not delusional about our chances and overall current form. I think we'd be lucky to get a draw against Barcelona when we're at the Camp Nou. It just feels nice to enjoy this win and the great performance by all the players.

15. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]
    Ici c'est paris !

Pandore, Catracho_Azul and N. Platini repped this.
  16. pakan_edustus

pakan_edustus New Member

Oct 1, 2014
    again we see it psg does waaaay better with more counter attacking style of play. we have no ibra or thiago silva and still we win barca (with more fast style of play.) But cant win france league 1 easy matches cos were trying to be barca which does not fit to our style of play.

Pandore repped this.
  17. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I agree but it's not simple . We'll normally dominate possession and teams will naturally try to stifle us . This is where we become predictable and it's something Blanc needs to work out . I also think motivation has something to do with it , the team played with much more intensity than I have seen so far this season . The team played a great match . The only disappointing thing is that we conceded goals not too long after scoring .

I really hope we get our act together because I think Bielsa's OMerde is a real contender this season . We can't afford to drop more points .

StarrMatthieu and Catracho_Azul repped this.
  18. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I wonder moving forward, who sits for TS when he returns from injury. Three really good CBs, might fancy that oh so popular 3-5-2 heh. Lol

19. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  20. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Welcome to the PSG forum.:)

I do agree that it's important to remain focused on making changes to our tactics in L1. While it's amazing that we got a win against Barcelona, who hadn't conceded a single goal since the beginning of the season, we need to put that out of our minds and focus on improving our form in the league.

It really was disappointing to concede two goals and on another day, we could have easily only taken away a point from this encounter. People from other countries think we just walk the league and we may have certain times in the past, but teams have definitely found out how to slow us down. You mention Bielsa and it's really sad for me to see OM flourishing because of Bielsa (not that he's the only reason they're playing well, but he is a big part) and then to see us underperforming because of LB. If he is incapable of winning against Monaco and winning in L1 from now on, it's really unfair for him to stay despite the performance against Barcelona.

Hopefully it's decided on merit! No one should be guaranteed a spot if they're not playing well. Rotation is also good for any team that is facing a long season, with many important games in different competitions. It also might prevent Thiago Silva from getting injured every two seconds.;)

21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yea, but if DL and Marq show great chemistry together I wouldn't want to ruin that by inserting TS just cuz he's TS, get me?. Meh a wonderful problem to have.

22. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Right, that's what I meant about starting based on merit. At the same time though, he is a world class CB and an in form Thiago Silva is better than an in form David Luiz.

Like you said though, it's a great problem to have! All three of them are immense.

23. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Can't seem to find anywhere to watch the PSG game here in Barcelona! I'm only here for a few days, so I'm really not into the idea of watching it at the hotel.

It would be one thing if Barcelona played tomorrow, but they also play today and they're in the same group, so it'll be practically impossible to find a place that's showing anything other than the Barcelona game.

24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Same in the USA. Frustrating

25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Cavani with a typical ugly goal. Lol ill take it though. Stay atop the group.

Pandore, StarrMatthieu and N. Platini repped this.