News: PSG 2013 - 2014 Ligue 1 and domestic cup match thread

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by StarrMatthieu, Jul 28, 2013.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yeah I remember the last time they played in the Champions League and it was kind of a joke since PSG had like a 80- 100m dollar budget thus had no chance of winning.

I am worried that PSG at home wont have a great crowd advantage like they did pre Leproux plan. I hope the owners realize that.

2. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
  3. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]
    NICE 0-1 PSG
    [​IMG]
    Jallet had a great match vs Nice
    the rightback was picked on psg.fr for player of the match !

4. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    #229 NicolasN., Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    Cabaye useless as always. How nice of him to spend the past months confirming everything I said about him. :rolleyes: His signing was senseless whether it's in term of talent or profile, I repeated during months to not sign him. On top of that he earns more money than the starters which will end in the starters asking for bigger contracts. What a good management. The presence of Blanc and the fact that they both have agent probably did not help in his desire to sign Cabaye. Nasser, a new "Leonardo" is mandatory otherwise this summer will be signing mediocre players for an expensive price like Cabaye or Pjanic.

I hope that I will no longer read on here that PSG should sign every single french players on planet earth like Cabaye or Debuchy, get rid of Ibra to sign defenders or highlight players. I don't have much hope, though.

5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Getting rid of Ibra :O lol That WILL NEVER HAPPEN, and not because I don't want it happen, cuz I wanna do since he's old and it would appeal to Cavani, but because he's better than Cavani (sad right?) and I doubt PSG has the guts to get rid of him. He has one or two years maximum left on top.

Yea Cabaye signing was definitely an idiot move, I felt like it was just a "meh, why not?" move. A move out of boredom. FFS Adrien Rabiot is on the bench and he's probably 2x better than Cabaye, its pretty sad that he's sitting in place for a guy who was never really that amazing or elite, even at Newcastle. I can only pray Pogba and Griezemann join over the summer, not because they are French, but because they are elite talents that would bolster this club over an aging Lavezzi (god bless his heart, so much better than Lucas) and a slow Cabaye.

btw I agree, as long as Maxwell, Alex, and Jallet/de Wiel are complimenting Thiago Silva in the back there is really no hope for that defense.. all old or just not that good and TS really seems to want to leave for Barce (lool). Alex old and so so so slow, time for Marquinhos to step up or buy a formidable CB partner for TS. I don't want Dani Alves at PSG.. if he comes to be the new RB, I will rip my eyes out. Why did PSG sign Digne for?? smh ffs.

This is kinda frustrating once you kinda analyze it a little.

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Aging Lavezzi is a bit harsh because hes not that old. It does seem that lacking a replacement for Leonardo is hurting them. I would dump Alex and Maxwell and go with Marquinhos and Digne but they want Champions League succcess so in that case its a big risk.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Lavezzi is going to turn 29 soon, and he's a player who relies a lot of on his speed. Only a matter of time before his speed deteriorates.

Probably has one more solid healthy season left in him imo, but I'd rather cash in on him now.

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yeah but would you rather keep Menez over Lavezzi just because hes another guy who relies on speed and he's a few years younger

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I understand but Debuchy is still an upgrade over Jallet and I want PSG to sign him.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  11. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Huffingtonpost.fr