News: PSG 2011 - 2012 Ligue 1 and domestic cup match thread

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by StarrMatthieu, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Kombouaré is a genius. That's why I don't understand him. He sees what we can't. From my understanding, when you play counter-attack, you keep Gameiro on the pitch and even if you want Hoarau on the pitch, you associate them coz he's very fast, is doing good calls... These are supposed to be good qualities for counter-attack. Replacing Pastore by Armand is also beyond my capicities of understanding. Pastore was having a good match, you are replacing him by someone useless in the midfield and of course we haven't seen him at all when he came in... Kombouaré seal of quality. :cool:

It's hard to understand so much incompetence. Fire him.

2. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    MAN OF THE MATCH Salvatore Sirigu

VS THE GREENS ALLEZ PARIS

3 points for PARIS!!!!!

Winter CHAMPS!!!!!

3. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Sirigu was incredible against Saint-Etienne. It was hard, this game was almost a caricature of PSG with so much spaces between the lines. I won't even comment on Menez being injured after asking of being subbed a few minutes earlier. :rolleyes:
    BTW, it's a pity that Gameiro is such a poor finisher. He has many qualities but he's far from being a clinical finisher. He should have scored 4 times, tonight.

Edit : it's really a pleasure to have Sirigu at PSG. He speaks French fluently, he communicates a lot with his defense, is trying to give some motivation to the team, seems concerned. It's great to see his joy after this victory. A fantastic goalkeeper after Landreau, Edel, Coupet...is a very good news for PSG.

4. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Joyeux Noël !

[​IMG]

5. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Merry Christmas. ;)

6. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Huge performance against Toulouse. It's been months that Sissoko is doing great. 2 months to be fit enough to play a match, 3 more weeks in order to get used to the pace and now he's doing great. Nene was outstanding too. His second goal is incredible.

7. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yes so far so good!

ALLEZ PARIS!!!

NENE is world class

8. psg48712

psg48712 New Member

May 29, 2011
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Didn't get to watch the game how did the new formation look?

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Bisevac-Lugano-Sakho-Maxwell was the starting backline and I have a feeling that will be the prefered group unless Lugano keeps messing up and he really cant get much worse. Moving Bisevac out wide is interesting and I'm waiting to see how he does out there for the long haul snce he's primarily a centre back. He also had Menez out of position as a striker and when Kevin comes back Jallet needs to go back to the bench and Bodmer plays a move defensive role. I see Bodmer and Jallet as bench players on a really good team but its clear the manager really likes them so it will be interesting to say the least.

10. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3flGsdJH9rA"]Sable/sarthe F.C.0 - 4Paris Saint-Germain - YouTube[/ame]

11. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    And Pastore is out of action for 3 weeks.:(

12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    They played much better than they did in the last cup match. Having Gameiro and Menez out there did make a huge difference. I think Gameiro impressed Ancelloti so maybe he will rely on him rather than chasing after players like Tevez who dont want to come. I think Bodmer will fill in nicely for Pastore for the short term.

13. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Menez had one of his best games at PSG tonight against Evian. He was a constant threat, he destabilized Evian defense with his speed and dribble. Great game, really. The only player that is making worried is Gameiro, his weaknesses - technically mediocre, poor finisher - are penalizing PSG.

Against Evian, Ancelotti fielded this midfield

Bodmer--------Sissoko
    --------Motta--------

We can put it in perspective with the interview that Ancelotti gave to L'équipe yesterday where he mentions that he wants to try Pastore lower on pitch, on the left of the trident before the end of the season, somehow like against Sablé where he was fielded on the right.

14. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    le clash des titans

Paris Saint-Germain Football Club VS Montpellier Hérault Sport Club

Giroud VS Gameiro

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    TWO OF MY FAVORITE STRIKERS

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!!

15. CoDave

CoDave Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Colorado USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Does anyone know how I can catch a replay of the PSG Montpellier match later today. Unfortunately something has come up and I can't watch it live. Any info would be appreciated. Please???!! Thanks.:)

16. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    deserved level from M'pellier non? nice goals from both sides, good chances here and there

17. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great game, pretty sure M'pellier will be happy with a draw

18. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    FT 2-2. Overall it was not a good match and PSG performance has been horrible. The only moment when PSG was dangerous was at the end of the game, when they finally used the wings. We've seen most of the game PSG attacking with 3 players while we could expect more offensive support from Maxwell and Bisevac with this kind of formation. Honestly, the serbian had two good games at the right backs since then he's really mediocre there. The trident didn't work with Matuidi, Sissoko and Motta. The players were in the same area, someone was lacking to go forward to make the transition between defense and attack. I'm not a fan of Matuidi.

19. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well it was more of a great game for M'pellier, they had good periods of possession and got quite some shots both off and on target
    PSG could have gone 2-1 but pastore shot wide, there was also a handball worth noting
    though PSG did have some horrible moments, the second goal being a prime example

20. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i miss the whole game but i saw some highlights on youtube i think ligue 1 goal of the week goes to ALEX :eek:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caMAfxYQ5EI"]Alex coup franc - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqms2IbPLao&feature=related"]PSG - MONTPELLIER 2-2 BUT D'ALEX - YouTube[/ame]

who ever thinks Menez isn't World class needs there domes checked out
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHOdzpemq0o"]Amazing skill by Ménez - YouTube[/ame]

ICI C'est PARIS

21. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    The second goal is a remake of the second goal against Marseille. Lugano made exactly the same mistake. he's slow, bad in his positioning, he was supposed to be good in the air but we've seen countless times this season beaten because of a poor positioning or just during the duel, his passing is horrible. He can count on his charisma but that's all he has. I hope for the next game that Alex won't get injured and will play the full game.

Unfortunately, it's the only thing he succeed during this match.:(

22. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Only good results for PSG.

23. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nice goal from Menez. :cool: 2-0.

24. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Luyindula dans le groupe:eek:

la 27e journée de Ligue 1 face à Dijon, ce dimanche à 17h au Stade Gaston Gérard :
    ALEX
    ARMAND Sylvain
    CAMARA Zoumana
    CEARA Marcos
    CHANTÔME Clément
    DOUCHEZ Nicolas
    GAMEIRO Kevin
    HOARAU Guillaume
    JALLET Christophe
    LE CROM Renan
    LUGANO Diego
    LUYINDULA Peguy