Props to the Korea fans at the WWC USA 2003

Discussion in 'Korea' started by TOTC, Sep 21, 2003.

1. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    I have been very impressed with your chants, Thunderstix, drums, and the hand cymbals known as "kweng gua ri."

Thank you for showing our nation the passion for soccer.

Thank you for cheering on both teams.

Thank you for holding out hope that someday good leaders (starting, hopefully here, in Washington) will stop keeping families apart on The Peninsula.

With warm regards,
    Al

2. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Football's a sport where people are supposed to be loud :)

BTW, hows the US going? It must be really *#*#*#*#*#*# with the pro league going down .. I thought they had pretty good attendances?

3. law5guy

law5guy Member

Jun 26, 2001
    TOTC,

It is a problem for North and South Korea to resolve. Not for anyone in the US.

4. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Re: Re: Props to the Korea fans at the WWC USA 2003

Nor for anyone in the US? Allow me to point out that the whole situation is a creation of external entities, among them the US, not of the Korean people ..

Perhaps if the US stopped interfering in the affairs of Korea the statement would be true.

5. Zenitfan

Zenitfan Member

May 31, 2001
    Dayton, OH
    Re: Re: Re: Props to the Korea fans at the WWC USA 2003

As opposed to Russian and Chinese interference?

Maybe you're right and the US never should have ever interfered in the pacific at all, at any time.

Of course you have every reason to complain, without US "interference" all of Australia could be speaking Japanese right now.

6. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Thanks for the props, TOTC.

7. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz

8. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, lets leave the politics out of this thread and get it back on track.

I was surprised to hear see so many Koreans at the WWC games. It reminded me of last year's World Cup with the chanting and noise making.

9. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz

10. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    In case any of you will be watching ESPN2 on Sunday, a "kweng garee" will be part of the La Norte group. (I bought one in South Carolina!)

Watch out Crew!

11. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh, I'm watching here in the 84th minute and I believe I heard it! It was to the rhytm of the "Dae Han Min Guk" if I heard correctly. Sounded great!

12. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    what's La Norte?

Sorry i dont really know anythinga bout the MLS...bleh..i dont even have a TV in my room...bleh.

13. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    La Norte is one of DC's supporter groups along with Screaming Eagles, Barra Brava.

How's Seattle by the way?

14. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Never knew they had different supporting groups. Interesting.

Seattle is ok, i guess. The weather has been fantastic (not too much rain or cloudy weather..yet). Missing the nightlife i once enjoyed back home; i need to turn 21 asap. Going through cultural shock because there are too much wildlife here. Sad and shocked because the Yankees beat the Sox. Yes, the Sonics suck. We want Gary Payton back. But other than that, I'm liking it.

Are you in Flushing?

15. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, a few of the teams have a few different supporter groups.

Heh. You can always invest in a fake id. Just give it time and I'm sure the culture shock will be fine. And yes, the Yankees suck. Hope it gets better for ya though.

Nah, I'm not far from Flushing. I'm a few town over in Little Neck. Right now I'm up at school though in Providence, RI.

16. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Yankees beat the Marlins. I am devasted.

17. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    College? Highschool?

18. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Thankx! Only in our "D-C-U-NI-TED" call and response, the response is six beats instead of five.

Same thing with the Chicago Fire Barn Burners.

But our Washington Freedom supporters used five beats (like "Daehan Minguk").

19. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    We also do a song to "Pilsung Korea".

Ohhhhh Dee Cee United
    Ohhhhh Dee Cee United
    Ohhhhh Dee Cee United
    oh oh oh oh oh
    U - NI - TED

Sachin

20. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    College. Johnson & Wales University. Never heard of it? Didn't think so.
    I think I saw some of the Midnight Riders doing the same routine. Well, I saw one of em holding the instrument anyway. I didn't hear any Reeee-vo-lu-tion chants. Plus it would probably sound stupid. DC United works pretty well though.
    Haha. Very nice touch Sachin.

21. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    About the US being responsible

Take it easy man. It's not all simple as the Chinese, Soviets and the Americans. Remember at the time of independence we were so divided we could have had a civil war anyway, and if we had one without a definite partition we could have had a case like Yugoslavia where regions would decide what they want and start splitting up. It may sound far fetched but if u think about it it very well could have happened.

22. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    I noticed that!

But the mallet he held looked like a soft bass-drum mallet. You need one with a wooden end.

That way WE MAKE FRIGGIN NOIIIIISE!

23. CoreanLibero

CoreanLibero New Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Thanks for your sentiments. I saw two games live and have to admit, the Corean fans by far outnumbered Norwegian, Japanese and Canadian fans and were the most organized and vocal. A bit of a shame since the south Corean side were utter rubbish on the pitch.

Also, you're quite right about the good leaders from Washington part because, more so than China, the US is accountable for what's happening on the peninsula. Self-determination really ought to be left up to the two Coreas but as is obvious, there's too much self-interest for this to realistically happen.