Props to Boswell...[R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by jlm120170, Jun 16, 2005.

1. jlm120170

jlm120170 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    maryland
    Big Props to Boswell on that great goal and comeing to us in LaNorte for the celebration a class act he is even at the Metro game he was the only player to dash across the field and come up to all of us roadtrippers thanking us a CLASS ACT he is.

2. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Re: Props to Boswell...

[​IMG]

3. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not many players (have scored, really) and I can only think of Dema as celebrating with the fans.

And unfortunately, I can only think of Ruiz celebrating down in La Norte's end.

It was classy, and unselfish way to celebrate his first professional goal.

4. RMDad

RMDad New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Fredericksburg, Va.

A nicely taken goal and a great celebration!
    This kid has skills, and class beyond his years.
    Well done, Boswell!!
    Mark

5. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales

And THAT'S why we're in 118. We may not get on much TV anymore, but getting love from the players is what really matters.

6. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA

Great celebration but man having to see Sachin on my TV almost did me in at that point. Keep him back a few rows in the future. ;)

7. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

Boswell is a rock. We are really really lucky to have found that kid. I'm still amazed that someone with the passion and skill that he has was completely undrafted and wasn't even on anyone's radar during the MLS combine.

No, he's not Ryan Nelsen........ Yet!!!

If he keeps developing, he'll be in the EPL someday himself, so we better enjoy what he brings to the game while he's still here.

8. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

All I can say is WOW! That kid rocks! Especially his quote in the Post this morning about how he was about to head back to play D when he spotted Stokes and just kept going forward. Now that's some smart play.

Go Bobby Go!

9. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA

Now I am excited about Boswell also but talking about him moving to higher levels is a bit premature. He did center a defense that gave up 3 VERY weak goals last night. He has a long way to go and we have a few years to see if he develops.

10. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

Agreed. But he's definitely a diamond in the rough.

It wasn't all that long ago that Nelsen was a recent college graduate playing his rookie season in the league.

11. Re: Props to Boswell...

Way to go BOSZILLA, good decision to stay up and way to put that ball in the net. I too am surprised this kid got overlooked by everyone else and we got him. No he isn't Ryan Nelson but he is very close to him when Ryan was his age. The kid has played every minute this year and I don't worry about him being in the game at all.

Also, while Stokes still makes glaring mistakes (see chicago's third goal) I do see progress (see our winning goal). I am going to temper my negative judgement of him and show his some love from now on.

Enjoyable game and I thought most everyone played well with the exceptions being Prideaux and especially Carrol. The ball seems to die on Carrol's foot, with either a back or square pass, anything sent forward goes directly to the other team. I would rather see Sims play.

One last comment, Wilson was a great pickup. The guy is a stud and I like the way he plays. I have all the love in the world for the WANKER Petke but with Wilson I don't miss him too much.

The Far Side

12. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Celebration at LN, classic. Then as soon as game finished he ran over to our side to thank us and sign people's crap, just like he did in NJ. I think everyone can appreciate gestures like that :)

13. Jegao Paraiba

Jegao Paraiba Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Morgantown, WV
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great goal.
    Stokes to Boswell.
    Hopefully a sign of things to come.
    Congrats Bobby on the first goal of your career... a game-winner, no less.
    Keep up the great work.

14. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. GlennAA11

GlennAA11 Member+

Jun 12, 2001
    Arlington, VA

That picture is hilarious. It makes him look like a stripper.