Promotion Thread

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by GROVESHSCOACH, Dec 2, 2005.

1. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    I will be promoting to DV at the end of the season and would like some advice.

Groves Falcons 223945

My stadium size is 20k

My keeper is excellent

My best defender is solid and very old

My two wings are solid/solid and solid/passable Winger/PM

My two forwards are excellent and one has inad wing and supnat set pieces

I train PM and have 3 formidables as starters. My reserves are 2 formids, 1 excellent, 1 solid and 1 inad.

What should I do, Buy players or expand stadium. I want to try and stay up.

2. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, the first order of business is to see what kind of competition you'll be going up against.

You can't really make major decisions on what to do until you know what kind of competition you'll be facing.

One thing I'd do if I were you is recruit a potential coach in an area you need help in... say defence. Make sure he's got at least inad leadership and passable exp. (hopefully more) and will be good enough to start for 2 seasons... a solid w/ passable experience and inad wing would make a good purchase for you... he could fill in either at CD or defensive WB and should be a starter for a while so he can gain more exp.

How much money do you have now anyway?

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well since this is the promotion thread.

I will hopefully be on my way to IV this season. I need one more win to wrap up the series, and probably 2 more to secure autopromotion.

To answer you Groves, like was said earlier, it depends on the series that you end up in. In my current series that line up would likely have you fighting for a qualifier to stay up.

4. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In most of the DV series you would end up in, you will be in good shape to make a qualifier next season with the team you currently possess. A bad draw could put you in kuhn's series and you will have fight to survive, but that is the exception IMO.

If you are constantly selling out now, then a 10K increase or more is probably in your best interest, otherwise decrease you upgrade if the sellouts are occasional.

The future coach idea is what you want to invest in for future player upgrade. Actually any experienced (weak +) player in a non-training spot is probably your best bet.

5. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan

I am sitting on 300k right now. Plus all of the money for promotion, top scorer, etc. In addition I will be selling an Outstanding mid for around 1 million soon.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is the exception, my series is a top 30 in V with the potential to be a top 10 as we were a few weeks ago.

7. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, that's not a whole lot of money... maybe 2M or so? that's more than enough to upgrade your defence... if you've got a solid defence you should be able to avoid auto-relegation as if there are non-trainers in your division your midfield would eventually get better than them and you may be able, through good TS management to have a late season surge.

Again... you'll have to wait until you see what series you end up in so you can judge where u need to strengthen the most.

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think you need to upgrade far on your defense. Until this season, my defense had been 2 excellents and a solid, which I've now upgraded in preparation for IV. I'd say as johno did, get at least all solid defenders, and either pocket the rest or upgrade the stadium.

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Phase 1 complete, the title has been won. Phase 2 will hopefully be completed next week.

10. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I thumped the leader so now I'm on 27 points, one back with two games to play. The third place guy (25 pts) actually hosts me then visits #1 the final week. Anything can still happen, I think I can pull it off...but I'm trying to figure out if there is way to do it without leaving my TS in shambles for a qualifier...

11. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I might be auto-promoting, if things don't go as planned. :D

12. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    man, I wish I played in a chump division like yours.

13. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Exactly! See why I'm in no rush to leave?

Next season will be more competitive though, with 5 teams expected to average over 150 - 4 of them over 170. However, PB will be even better also!

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly, I wouldn't have spent 9 seasons in mine with a series like that. That's the whole reason you get yo yo clubs between V and IV.

15. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I don't want to become one of those clubs! :D

16. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    ok so my promtion story is after 5 straight wins I'm on top in v.52 (18th best in HS). I have just 30pts and a 1 pt lead but an easier game than the #2...

I hope on 33 pts to draw a not-impossible qualifier and TS should be composed....I bought a supernatural IM on poor form 3 wks ago and he hasnt woken up yet so some luck from the form monkey and I have a shot.

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just checked hatstats last night, I'm basically assured of autopromoting, I'm 85 spots above the line, wiht only one game, I should be fine.

18. mcfarljd

mcfarljd New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    thanks to screwing up my ts and formation of a key game (playing a 3-5-2 instead of 3-4-3), i'm being auto-demoted instead of playing a qualifier in my first season in V... i'll spend the next one or two seasons down in VI getting the team up to where they can compete for the V title before they even enter a series... right now they have me headed to a series where only one other team averages over 100 hs barely any of that even being midfield, so a nice walkover series would be fun to be in again

19. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good luck tyring to stay down then.

20. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I tried to tell ya! If the line holds at 37 I'll be VERY suprised.

21. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know, but I needed the stats to show me that.

22. mcfarljd

mcfarljd New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    thats what the other new team in my series did, he's currently tied in points for the crown, if i hadn't upset him the first week he would be autopromoting to IV most likely

23. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boo Yah 3-2 winner autopromotion to IV.

24. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998