Promising Colombian Footballers

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by F.L.I.P., Sep 1, 2006.

1. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ayer Luis Angulo, delantero de la generación 2004 anotó su primer gol como profesional con Alianza Petrolera, que aparte de eso le dio la victoria a su equipo. Primer jugador nacido en 2004 en anotar en la primera división colombiana.

HomietheClown repped this.
  2. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just read that Yaser got his first red card in Envigado's loss to Tolima this fixture. Anyone know what happened?

They didn't feature the incident in the match highlights Win Sports posted...

3. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008

This guy should be playing soon for our NT... Special talent

Azucarero repped this.
  4. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    is this the guy from Millonarios? Also, do we have any decent young fullbacks who know how to defend coming up?

5. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You know looking back at the start of the 2010s I remembered how excited we were at the types of players we had starting out and going to Europe.

I wasn't excited because they were promising but rather how competitive the options would have to be to represent our national team. The idea of being like a country such as Brazil or Argentina with various options needing to stand out from their fellow country men would moviate them to improve more and more.

This lack of competitiveness makes me feel as if we scrape what we can get regardless of how often or where they play exactly.

It's a shame that nothing came of a lot of these players that would deepen our talent pool and how some just flattered despite reaching a point where they remained consistent until they entered their late 20s.

6. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We have so many more players abroad though. Progress has been made, I think especially with landing the value of our players in Italy and Portugal but still a way to go for sure.

Truth is we still have the third most talent on paper in the region and getting stronger relative...we just don't play well together and haven't built the winning mentality - I think I thought that would come with experience but the fragility has remained...

7. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Agree with you...
    I've been thinking about that and I would say there are two main factors that have the most influence on that.

1) We could/should improve our internal leagues, youth systems, trainer schools etc.
    let's say that's the easier one as it is in our hands.

2) The external market has to react on it.

That's for sure the more difficult one. Right now, we just have 18 players in the best 5 Europeans leagues.
    FR= 0; Ger= 1; Ita= 5; Spa= 7 and Eng= 5.
    and if we take a deeper look, then we clearly see that just JGC plays for a top team, the others including those at Atalanta dont deal with the same pressure.
    If we want the big 5 leagues to buy more from our players we need to produce more and better ones. That really should worry us.

Nevertheless, trying to see the glas half full, we could say good news is that we are producing a lot of players with investing almost nothing and not even having a decent football infrastructure.
    On the other hand, if we want to win a WC as we all wish, point 1 is a must but even after that, it should take a while until we prove ourselves in the best teams in the world so that we can say we belong to the best NT teams and with that I mean those who have more than 5 players for every position playing in the elite which would mean the internal competitiveness (for being called up) should indirectly reach much higher levels.

8. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    100% agreed. If the league is more competitive and teams start to get international success in tournaments than Euro teams will come knocking directly. Look at how many players got to go to Europe directly when Nacional won the libertadores.

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    meh this type of players in FPC is no special.....in last decade millonarios have had similar with omar vasquez, barreto....kevin salazar in santa fe.....

They have talent, but the problem is that they dont improve in game.....maybe if they play more as cmf....

hope ruiz is the exception....but is not like a strange thing that have to sucess.

10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Man I’d love to invest in one of our teams :)

I think it comes down to a few things

1. League structure is stupid

Everyone plays each other 2x. Then top 8 teams go to a play offs. So eliminated teams have how long of a break?

games aren’t canceled or delayed due to qualifiers. So you can have a top team lose their star players.

Team that is in 1st place should be champion. Or do a top 4-8 team 1 game knock out

2. teams don’t pay so players want to leave after 4 starts

this is a two way street. I know Osorio/Bolillo mentioned it how each 20 year old who hasn’t debuted already has dreams of europe

3. Same 8 asshole coaches keep getting recycled!!!

4. Premium channel makes it Impossible to see games if you are poor. Also makes teams not invest because they just care about tv revenue and not product of their team/league

5. sponsorship. Next deal with Adidas or if we go to puma/Nike or another brand. Have it also go to the League. This NASCAR uniforms our league teams have are fking hideous. Who in their right mind will pay hard earned money for one of these uniforms other than the Millos, America or Nacional kits that are actually nice

6. Our demotion system is rigged. You finish last place and should get demoted or go to a demotion play off. Like other leagues. Not hey Junior can be utter shit for 3 season. O crap we are close to being demoted. Let’s finally spend money

7. don’t let our teams become feeder teams for Mexico, MLS or Argentina. Prices the stars of our league go for is what’s killing the league. If you will send to Argentina or Brazil or a feeder Euro league keep a huge % of future sale. Our clubs let kids go for peanuts.

league really should try to make it so players make the jump from Boyaca or some other crap team to Nacional, Junior, Millos, America or Tolima.

11. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1453133286675472391 is not a valid tweet id

pepinointer repped this.
  12. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    As important as Yaser is, what if they are both good?

J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Froboy69 repped this.
  14. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope he gets a senior call up so that we can seal him in before Spain has a chance.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    googled him he played on our Youth nt. And he posted it’s his dream to defend our colors. If we lose him every member of the coaching staff and federation should be fired.

Unless a 18 year old can instantly start for a better NT I don’t see why we keep losing players

16. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #941 Baal88, Nov 6, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    Otro extremo mas que promueve el Once Caldas tras Sinisterra y Carbonero, desde que llegó Corredor al equipo empezó a darle juego a muchos jovenes que se habian estancado y que tienen excelente potencial, entre ellos, Juan Palma (Central), Jorge Cardona (Central), Dannovi Quiñones (mediocentro) Alejandro Garcia (interior), Mender Garcia (delantero) y al que hago referencia al comienzo, Nelson Quiñones, que tras varios partidos destacando por su velocidad y control del balón finalmente se destapó hoy con gol y asistencia para darle la victoria al Once contra Envigado.

pepinointer and GavoCol repped this.
  17. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Froboy69, Azucarero and crzdcolombian repped this.
  18. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    only if he decides to wear yellow and not read

20. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hoping that since Xavi is using him in the first team that our country is reminded of him and calls him up soon. The kid needs to be sealed for us.

21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

We aren’t the USA with a bullshit fake countries we play against where we can send 17 year old to start and scores 2 goals on a team that qualified to the WC before

we wouldn’t even give fking James a shot and he was killing it in argentina

22. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So sadly Barca has lost their Argentine new signing Agrueo due to him being forced to retire due to heart issues.

Will this be a chance for Juan David Fuentes Garrido if Xavi called him up to train with the first team? Or do you think Xavi will implement him still on the wings?

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i think aguero possible retirement wont be benefical for anyone in football.....

aguero wasnt using the spot (very few minues) and anyone in this moment was relegated because of him.

24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Aguero did the right thing. Beyond rich and thought of his family and health. 6 months in and Inter still has Eriksen in their books as he hasn't retired. Might go play in holland as Italy won't let players have pacemakers.

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    guy of 19 years in second division of portugal.....yestwerday had the chance to play agaisnt porto in cup and scored

crzdcolombian and Azucarero repped this.