Progress of BC Place

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by carnifex2005, Jun 20, 2011.

1. dewhitecapfan

dewhitecapfan Member

Jul 28, 2008
    One thing I noticed and hope they put in is some sort of out of town scoreboard, and clock. I know on the big board they have the game clock running, but during half time/pre game there is no count down to the kick off.

Also, with the Canucks game going on up till kickoff, it would be nice to have a place in BC Place if I'm early to see the score/game. With all the monitors in the concourse, they don't all have to be on the guys warming up, doesn't take away from the Caps since the people tuning in have already committed to the caps game.

Not a big deal but would be nice.

2. Fynnsky

Fynnsky Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I totally agree - it looks cheap with the clock and score just sitting there on the big screens. I think that the black holes below the two smaller screens is a perfect place for a cheap scoreboard or something. And I hate to suggest more advertising in our lives, but why hasn't anyone sold that space to put up an ad?

3. Johnnie Monster

Jul 9, 2005
    Richmond, BC
    The space below the smaller screens has been sold, but the stadium name sponsor (almost certainly Telus) has delayed their official branding announcement. Likely holding out for the Grey Cup in November.

4. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    My understanding is part of the delay is their concern over the Caps calling it "Bell Pitch" on all their materials; and this affects the price the new sponsor is willing to pay for the naming rights.

It is not simply "let's wait for a big bang at the Grey Cup"; but more based on negotiating the naming fee based on an anchor tenant promoting a competitor in the stadium name. For Example: Telus would not want to pay as much to name the stadium if the Caps call it "Bell Pitch at Telus Place" as it dilutes their brand.

5. SeaFan77

SeaFan77 Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Federal Way, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

waste of time and money?!!! huh? you need those 40000 seats so that your fans will have somewhere to sit when they Sounders play there, we will require at least 30,000 seats just for us.

6. dewhitecapfan

dewhitecapfan Member

Jul 28, 2008
    How crazy would that atmosphere be? Caps sell out the lower bowl 27k, Sounders sell out the upper bowl with 30k

7. SeaFan77

SeaFan77 Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Federal Way, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it would be great....for the sounders, lol

8. Fynnsky

Fynnsky Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Would be worse if it was the Timbers, they would be throwing confetti on us from the upper bowl!