Problems with Your USL Team

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by Taly, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Taly

Taly Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Big Al's Brewery, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What has your USL team's front office done or not done that has irked you and others? And as a result, their attendance has suffered.

2. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    They still play music even after we had "atmosphere" which they said would quell the music.

No scarves or flags!

Other than that, the club is doing pretty well.

3. Kraze

Kraze New Member

Jun 6, 2000
    Orlando
    I have to bug some people to send me updated info to update on their website! Has in point, the team I work for, are holding camps starting Monday @ $50 a pop, I could have advertised it on the website. But nope, no one has sent me any info!

And if no one sends me any info, how do I know of such camp? By visiting a local youth soccer message board and finding out someone had posted info about the camp on the site's message board.

Oh well, I live in Orlando...tells you something there. Must be the heat.

4. fanmaster

fanmaster New Member

Jun 28, 2002
    memphis, tn
    Ditto Ditto Ditto - I am not a team employee, I am just a fan that does some websites and the teams do not give me any information, we find out through other people what is going on or by hearing rumors. The 'official' website has not been updated in two months and for some reason they seem to think that since I have a website, I know everything. The signup for the newsletters is on their website and people that signed up within the last two months (including me) cannot get on the mailing list. So Ditto from Kraze, but his is worse if they actually pay him and then don't provide information.

5. fanmaster

fanmaster New Member

Jun 28, 2002
    memphis, tn
    While I am at it, we held playoffs Friday and Saturday night for the mens team, and the womens team plays their playoffs starting Tuesday at home. One of the owners was doing the announcing Friday night and he told everyone to watch MY website for information on the Tuesday game. As of Monday afternoon I don't know anything. Someone forwarded an email to me this afternoon that was sent by someone at a soccer club in town stating that the game was Tuesday @ 7:30 @ our normal location. Why do they tell 1000 people to go to my website and then they don't tell me what information to post there? Duh.

6. Kraze

Kraze New Member

Jun 6, 2000
    Orlando
    I hear ya Fanmaster.

BTW-They do pay me for some of my bills (i.e. the domain name per year charge and they gave me some money to pay for pictures, as I still use a film camera), but as far as recieving a salery, nothing yet (I really didn't mind the first couple years since the Kraze were set up none for profit, and I needed some community service hours, but after struggling for info it gets old over time, though I admit some things have gotten better, for instence I use to never recieving game reports, from there to being faxed home game reports, and to now even recieving scorers for away games on top of the home report).

7. fanmaster

fanmaster New Member

Jun 28, 2002
    memphis, tn
    Our team did the ultimate tonight. The last home game of the season, they went through the list of sponsors, thanking them. That was nice. They went through the list of people that helped setup the signs, the ones that cleaned the restrooms, the ticket takers, the people that brought ice to the concession stands, parking attendants, ball boys, ball girls, they named the paid employees and thanked them. They did not thank the people that have spent over $4,000 in expenses (film, developing, academies, tickets, souvenirs, web hosting, domain names, a new camera), and countless hours building sites, mailing out autographed game programs (that we pay for), answering questions on behalf of the team, hand carrying messages to the team members . . . .

8. fanmaster

fanmaster New Member

Jun 28, 2002
    memphis, tn
    I should mention that it was one of the owners that was doing the announcing and making sure all the people were given credit.