Pro Soccer teams in the Azores

Discussion in 'Portugal: Clubs' started by Roy Da Silva, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Funny like a clown :D :D

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Madalena gave U Leiria a hard time :cool:

pop of Madalena 15,000

3. LuisCamoes

LuisCamoes Red Card

Jul 25, 2004
    Boston USA
    they also have a excellent view of the volcano from there field best scenery backdrop in portugal

4. dais131

dais131 New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Canada
    To Biggy or Frank does the Minhocas team have a name that translates into English?

5. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure if 'worms' is what the Acorean team/the fans mean when they say 'minhocas' but last year when the Mocambiquean national team was playing poorly, the fans stopped calling them the Mambas (a kind of poisonous snake) and used Minhocas (worms) instead.

6. azorean

azorean Member

Feb 26, 2006
    uma grande cidade
    Like the jefferson's once did.....WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ a moving on up ! yepper, that is correct , Next year you will once again see the formidable islanders of Santa Clara in the superliga....WEEEEEEEEEZ a gonna make them bigwigs from Porto, Benfica, and Sporting pay us a visit on the volcanic terrain.....Something like 6 or 7 ( i don't remember ) victories in succession has allowed us to dream big....Today, we travel to the continente to kick another teams azz in Estoril. Come on you Red Machine, brign it home.......lalalallalalalla....Weez a Moving on up, to the east side, to a deluxe apartment.......in the sk----kk----y!! ...Moving on up!!!!!!!.........:D

And someone mentioned this ealier on this thread which was 100 % correct, that backdrop view from the island of pico stadium is beautiful!...that stadium looks so quaint, homely, stunning, all wrapped into 1.....seems like great place to watch a game.;)

7. azorean

azorean Member

Feb 26, 2006
    uma grande cidade
    Well, not the greatest of results but i will take it....a 0-0 draw on the road leaves us in 5th place all alone and 4 points from promotion and makes this one helluva race to the finish....we take care of business on the island the rest of the way through and draw on the road and weeez a moving on up for sure.....Next week, a MAMMOTH tilt awaits vs Leixóes on the big island rock.....We win and we assured to move up another spot to 4th as we trail Leixóes by only 2 points, so needless to say this is a biggy next week.....heck, this game is so big they might have more than 100 paying fans in the stands for it...:D ..come on u azoreanos, support ur team , i wanna travel next year to see Big Bad Benfica on the green island as i missed out the last time it happened!

8. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    Go Santa Clara!!!!!! :d

9. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    I love the passion!!! :)

10. azorean

azorean Member

Feb 26, 2006
    uma grande cidade
    The flying Red BEAST's from the Island paradise continue to Eat 'em Alive...

BOOM ! .... 1-0

We will sleigh The Dragoe next year ! :D

11. azorean

azorean Member

Feb 26, 2006
    uma grande cidade
    At 2:09 p.m E.S.T this afternoon in the estadio de sao miguel.....THE DREAM WENT BELLY UP.....:(

could'nt of picked a worst time to have your first home loss of the season ....Santa Clara goes down 3-2

12. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Montreal, Canada

I agree. A heart breaker indeed. :(

13. corvo

corvo New Member

Aug 14, 2005
    madalena is 4 in 2 division ,have a great team www.fcmadalena.com but operario is 2 in ddivision b ,team from san miguel ,outside the capital,small stadium