Prinz to play in Sweden?

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by secretcode, Feb 1, 2005.

1. secretcode

secretcode New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    USA
    Did anyone see this?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,474644,00.html

Translations welcome!

<<**** Hon har utsetts till världens bästa damfotbollsspelare av Internationella fotbollsförbundet (Fifa). Det är hon som nämns med respekt när Umeås spelare pratar om de tyska motståndarna.
    ****För när UIK ställs mot Frankfurt i damernas Women's Cup-final så är det Birgit Prinz som ska skjuta Frankfurt till den andra Women's Cup-titeln på de tre senaste åren.
    ****- Det är ju en av världens bästa fotbollsspelare, jag anser att hon är komplett, stor, stark och snabb med näsa för att göra mål. Säg vilken liga eller lag som helst och hon skulle platsa där direkt, säger Umeås lagledare Roland Arnqvist.
    ****På lördag kan den svenska fotbollspubliken själv se när de båda lagen möts på Råsunda. Birgit Prinz själv skulle inte ha något emot att få visa upp sig i Sverige, men intresset har inte varit ömsesidigt.">>

2. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    It is since before the 2003-2004 UEFA Womens Cup final, Prinz is saying in general that she would like to play in Sweden (possibly to be polite), in the article she says that MFF never have been in contact with her about transfering there. Wich MFF before the semi-final said they would do after the semi-final.

Not much of intrerst in the part you wanted translated but here we go. Sorry rather quick translation so the grammar is probably somewhat lacking.

<<**** She have been selected the best Female soccer player by FIFA. She is the one of the german opponents Umeå's player is speaking about with respect.
    ****When UIK (Umeå) plays agains Frankfurt i UFEA Women's Cup-final it is Birgit Prinz who should score Frankfurt to it's second till Women's Cup-titel in three years.
    ****- She is one of the best playesr in the world, I find her a complete player, big, strong and fast with a feel for making goals. mention any leauge or tema and she would take a starting position in it direct, says Umeås Roland Arnqvist.
    ****On saturday can the swedish fans se for themselv when the teams meet at Råsunda. Birgit Prinz herself would not have anything against palying in Sweden, but the interest seem not to be mutual.">>

Thats a quick and dirty translation.

3. secretcode

secretcode New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    USA
    Oh, so is is old. :/ Thanks for the translation JanBalk.

It's too bad for Malmö, she could help them a lot right now.