Prince Sultan going crazy

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Saudi64, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Sultan Bin Fahd first went crazy on the referees and the AFC after the KSA-SK game. We all know that, and many were suprised.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjGp4DD93JU"]YouTube - ?????? ????? ?? ??? ???? ?????? ??????? ???????[/ame]

Second after Qatar game he went crazy on the players, entered the changing room and gave them a tough and mad lecture about their bad performance.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A1eXMi7GFk"]YouTube - ????? ?? ??? ????? ???????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????[/ame]

Now after losing the Gulf Cup, during a program on Saudi Sports Channel after the game, some retired players were talking and criticizing the team, even Al-Musaybeh, but in a respectful way. Sultan Bin Fahd then calls them, and gives them a nice lecture, where he calls them really harsh names, just listen. But the good thing is the last player responded to Sultan's insults and wasn't quiet. He even attacked Faisal Abu Ithneen of attacking the "dawlah" and he should criticize the technical aspects of the team and not the administration, but Faisal replied saying that everyone in the sport area has different opinions. Here's the video of the call.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKfh36DFSN4"]YouTube - ????? ?? ??? ?????? ?? ???? ???????? ????? ??????[/ame]

I think that Sultan is feeling lots of pressure right now, and the media and fans are not like before, they are not afraid of criticizing or even insulting Sultan, and he is losing alot right now, that is why he is trying his best to blame it on others, and defend himself and his team. His ending is getting closer..

2. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I sympathize a little bit with Prince Sultan. Certainly, not all the criticism directed at him is fair, and a lot of people just talk these things on TV to death to fill air time. Plus a lot of "club-centered" media attack him for ulterior motives. Also, he has a right to explain his point of view. But, having said that, the way he did it was just embarrassing to everyone concerned including himself, and being a prince doesn't give him the right to talk to people the way he did. He's obviously losing it.

3. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Get mad->Get Foreign coach ->Sack Foreign Coach->Put Al-Johar back in->repeat

4. adelo

adelo Member

May 9, 2007
    Mother of Pigeons
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Wow, just wow:eek::eek:

The guy just completely lost it! I mean princes do have temper problems and do talk down to people, but in public they always try to put on a show emphasizing their humility and good nature etc... I expect his uncles will really give him some harsh words.

There is no doubt that TV commentators (in dozens of sports channels) try to exagerate, stir up controversy etc... to attract more viewers, fill up time, and above all, to look interesting in order to keep getting invited back to these channels. Viewers want the juicy stuff not some bland description of the match tactics. This is part of the modern football and the prince should know that. He should also be above such petty debates.

Why doesn't the FA appoint a professional spokesperson? It's the norm these days, isn't it? The spokespersons of the min. of Interior and other departments do an excellent job. This way, he, Al-Johar, Musaibeeh, and others will focus on their jobs and feel protected from abuse. Responding to criticism really does drain your energy.

5. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Wow .....

Faisal Abu Ithnain really started talking with the prince and Faisal was saying the something rigth in a right and respectful manner .... Prince Sultan was feeling ashamed and that's why he hung up the call on the face or was it someone from the king's home that asked him to drop the call as it was really insulting your ownself ... ???

By the way, what happend afterwards in the print & electronic media regarding this call ????

6. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    LoL...!!
    So he's gonna teach them how to talk!! :D
    HAHA.. Kather lee menha ;)

7. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Faisal Abuthnein has gone up one notch in my estimate ...to 1 :D

The media have every right to discuss local football issues in any way it likes as long as it's not libelous and defaming. Officials should respond by describing their position and to address whatever issues the media raise up. But to go and attack people (particularly in such a degrading way) is completely unacceptable. Sultan has completely lost it, and his outbursts reflects the petty dictatorial mentality that afflicts these institutions.

BTW Adel, without going too political, this is the 4th outburst in quick succession. You had Luhaidan, Ghaith, al-Sheikh, and now Sultan bin Fahad. The damage control people in the diwan are working overtime.

8. adelo

adelo Member

May 9, 2007
    Mother of Pigeons
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    I totally agree with your first paragraph. No one has been attacked in Saudi Arabia lately more than Ghazi Al-Gusaiby (min. of labor). I attended the Jeddah economic forum (JEC 2008) last year and he was to speak there. The min. of finance and some other minister who were all supposed to also speak cancelled, so people thought that Ghazi wouldn't dare show up. All that morning people were criticizing Ghazi and threatening to give him a piece of their minds should he show. Needless to say, the attendees were mostly businessmen and executives who were negatively affected by his policies. However, he did show up, answer every question and criticism with his usual simple, yet elegant style throwing jokes now and then. I have never seen anyone work his magic against a hostile crowd like that. In the end everyone stood up and give him a big round of applause. Certainly many were still not convinced as some of his policies were indeed arbitrary and he did eventually backaway from some of them. But he convinced everyone that he is sencere in trying to solve unemployment problems and that he is genuinely concerned with improving the lives of young, undereducated, working class Saudis.

As for the second paragraph, I don't think what these gentlemen said can even compare to what Pr. Sultan did. After all, sports is a leisure activity and should not be taken as serious as religious matters. I think you are referring to Al-Ghaith's attack on cinemas (being the head of the infamous hay2a what is he supposed to say other than what he said?), but I'm not sure what the other two said. I don't care much for what these sheikhs say as they are in there positions in order to control the religious folks and appease them, so whatever they say should be viewed in that light.

9. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The last video... :eek:

10. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    ********....what are the chances that Faisal Abuthnein will not appear on TV anymore because he answered? Its really good to see people like that...my experience being in Saudi Arabia is that most people are afraid of the royal family even if they know they are right.

Can you post the video after he criticized the commentators? The Prince cant handle the pressure ahahaha

11. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Some of my favorite quotes from the call :D

"أقول أن المصيبيح أخذ فرصته وهناك كفاءات إدارية موجودة في الأندية"
    -"هل أنت تقيم الكفاءات أنت وأشكالك.. عليك احترام المواطن السعودي أولاً.. ويجب أن تتكلم بما تفهم فيه فقط.. كل شيء مبرمج فكيف تتحدث بهذا الشكل.
    عليكم الصمت أو التكلم بالحقيقة أنت وغيرك"

وتابع الأمير سلطان .. "عطني عبدالرحمن الرومي
    وأردف "عطني أبو اثنين
    haha

كيف تتكلم عن المنتخب بشكل غير واقعي.. نحن كسبنا لاعبين جدد
    نحن لم نقدم المستوى المطلوب لكننا كسبنا لاعبين مثل هزازي والراهب والفريدي.. هل هؤلاء لاعبون جدد أم لا.

We won new players in 2007 too, and now your still repeating it in 2009? 1 year till the WC يا صاحب السمو

وإن لم تكونوا قد تربيتم نحن نربيكم

And we end this with the ever famous :-
    كل شيء مخطط في رعاية الشباب وأعتقد أن ما تحدث به جاسم ينم عن جهل

12. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I was talking with a friend about the Prince Sultan call. He mentioned to me that one of his cousins works in a newspaper. His cousin wrote once a general article about saudi football, criticizing it generally from every aspect. Next day he recieves a call from Sultan's palace. :D The prince talked with him and said that what he said was wrong and is uncalled for, and discussed with him his article. I don't think he ever dared to write a similar article again.

13. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    I hope they stand firm in what they believe. I hate it when the royal family use their power to stop people form doing things that they should be doing.

14. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    لسا بحكاية "الخطط المدروسة"؟

I believe Sultan is the only one who believes in that now.

15. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Our national team is deteriorating since the last asian cup :mad: what should i say?
    Change the whole FA!

16. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Sultan Bin Fahd's first appearance in the media after the call on Saudi Sports :-

Found a youtube clip, very nice since it was out like 8 hours ago.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTNSxBNYXS8"]YouTube - ????? ??????? ??????? ?? ????? ?? ??? ?? ?????? ?? ?????? ????? ????? ????? ?????[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yNqGAL6D_g"]YouTube - ????? ??????? ??????? ?? ????? ?? ??? ?? ?????? ?? ?????? ????? ????? ????? ??????[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6oDf1sjsiE"]YouTube - ????? ??????? ??????? ?? ????? ?? ??? ?? ?????? ?? ?????? ????? ????? ????? ??????[/ame]

He basically refuses to apologize to the guests on Saudi Sports, and gave some excuses about what happened. If anyone could translate some more it would be appreciated for those who don't understand arabic.

17. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    He gotta be kidding! how can he say (On live Tv.) things like:
    "We're working hard .. day and night and you guys sit in this show and just talk" what's the results of the work?! don't tell me 2002WC achievement is included!

18. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    I might translate it but i dont think i can do it today...