President Bush Lied for War . . .

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Pmoliu, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    We will do business with dictators and strongmen or do business with the people who do business with dictators or strongmen. Isolationism went out in 1941. On 9/11, once again in our history, we found out that sitting back and being a spectator makes us as much or a target as being involved. We don't have a choice but to be involved in the affairs of the Middle East. Their problems quickly become our problems. The only choice we have is HOW to be involved.

I'm afraid at this point our two choices are help them to be free or genocide. I think that by arguing against their freedom that you are increasing the chances for genocide.

2. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    :confused: Please explain how and why isolationism was responsible for Spetember 11th.

3. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    We walked away from Afghanistan after the cold war, we failed to confront Bin Laden and failed to require Saudi Arabia to liberalize.

4. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps poor policy choices but hardly isolationism. Or are you forgetting the 1st Gulf War; our forays in Africa; our forays in the Balkans; our forays in Panama (and no, not the place in the Van Halen song); the Oslo Accord; etc.?

5. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    What was Gulf War 1? And all the bases around the Middle East that didn't close after #1? Which if I remember properly was one on bin Laden many problems with the USA. You mean that isolationism?