Preseason 2020 Games PBP Thread

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ismitje, Feb 14, 2020.

1. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    Herrera, not surprisingly, can handle himself on the wing. Glad, on the other hand, looks like a fish out of water.

2. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, we've at least scored a preseason goal, even if we're losing.

McMath looked hesitant on that throw-in, and then no one defended the far post run at all.

Why play an experimental defense when we did so well there last season?

3. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We again look like shit, sad when he best player for RSL is Kyle Beckerman. This is going to a long season maybe we can look forward to a midseason signing of a threat up top. I really don’t see what this club was thinking going into this season with this squad.

4. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is Baird this off-season? I know Johnson is hurt/out of shape.
    Do we think this is the lineup for next Saturday in Orlando? Is Freddie just messing with all of us? Hiding true intention against Orlando? There's no way this is the best 11 players/lineup RSL has.

5. kirsoccer

Jun 29, 2007
    3-1. PRFC scores after a stretch where it looked like RSL was putting something together finally

6. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We might be okay excusing the anemic offense, as we're down most of the starting cohort. But the defense should be solid, and we've now given up 7 goals in the past two preseason games.

7. kirsoccer

Jun 29, 2007
    Rossi has changed the game a bit since coming on a few mins ago, and Meram now also on. Will be interested in seeing how the final 20 mins unfold.

8. kirsoccer

Jun 29, 2007
    Rossi to Meram for a 2nd goal. 3-2. This combo has looked decent.

9. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to sign Rossi. This team needs his creativity. God what a awful showing.

10. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will anyone actually ask Freddy or another coach what they're trying to accomplish with that starting 11?! I'm stunned to see this lineup a week before the games count.
    The starting defense the last two games looks terrible. That's the one thing I thought we could expect from this team.
    Insight as to what's going on with the Rossi negotiations would be good. Where's the roster spot going to come from though?
    I had hopes that Freddy would implement some nice attacking play with the solid defense. If he has, he's not showing it.
    I don't want to agree with Matt Doyle yet, but we'll see after next Saturday. I already paid for my tickets to the Crew game on the 14th, too

jessyca repped this.
  11. evilradar

evilradar Member

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Apr 4, 2019
    "I'm selling my 2020 RSL stock."

Same. I'm so, so, very glad I did not renew my season tickets this year.