Preseason 2015

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Soccer Doc, Jan 17, 2015.

1. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alston's problem historically has been that he's hurt a lot. Heck, he's hurt right now. This to me means we'd better like Hall, because he's probably going to see some decent playing time, at least as things stand now.

2. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    That's one of his problems. The other being that he isn't good in the air (he tends to lose contact with his mark on balls in the air) and can be targeted for size mismatches.

4. Revs In First :)

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head, he can't tackle, and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's alright"

5. 6and33areGOD

6and33areGOD Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    "God damn he's fast."

6. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this Alston or Tierney we're talking about? Oh wait, Tierney has a left foot so it cant be him.

The difference between Kevin and other choices is that if he gets beat, he can run him down and get back in the play. People are right though, he breaks easily and often

7. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I often wonder if kids who aspire to be professional athletes realize if the do get to the bigs they will automatically have a "Bulls Eye" target on their backs? :rolleyes:

Revs In First :) repped this.
  8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In most sports, it happens way before they get to the bigs.

9. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Man, next preseason game is not until 2/18 - 9 days away...

10. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jon Martin repped this.
  11. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    This was the only one that I thought was nailed:
    15. Player who’ll be looking over his shoulder when Diego Fagundez returns from Uruguay U-20 camp: Kelyn Rowe.

Interesting, but not something I am think solves our problems in the back 5:
    3. Jay Heaps’ really, really wants to find out what midfielder Jeremy Hall can give him at right back.

Guess #17 was written before the news today - no Jones for this.
    17. Imagine what Heaps’ reaction would have been six months ago if you had told him that he’d have both Agudelo and Jermaine Jones at his disposal for the 2015 Desert Diamond Cup. ...

Just found this one odd:
    ... The club’s come along way from the days of running out the likes of Bjorn Runstrom and Marko Jesic for the tourney.

And welcome to MLS soon to be 4.0 - this just highlights how behind the times the Revs have been (which I guess is an accurate statement). So maybe it is not so odd, or maybe the snow is making me loopy.

Highlighting the word Controversies that caught me - can anyone remind me what that was?
    21. There are a lot less questions marks and controversies surrounding this club than there were a year ago – and that can only be a good thing for all parties involved.

12. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Tierney sucks, Alston breaks easily, Shuttleworth is 2nd rate, JoGo has regressed, Farrell is mistake-prone and Soares is slow. Sounds like one MLS' worst defenses. :rolleyes:

13. Revs In First :)

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the record, for anyone who doesn't know, the quote I used is George Best talking about David Beckham. I used it tongue and cheek, just thought it was funny.

14. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DDC starts next week. All games will be streamed live:
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...ve-stream-entire-fc-tucson-desert-diamond-cup

15. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We may be "behind the times" in your view but they must be doing something right because the Revs were solid contenders with four Cup appearances, went through a bad patch for a few years and in the past three years have built a roster that made it to MLS Cup again. Because the Kraft has his management team doing things differently than some other owners doesn't mean his methods are behind the time", only different. I look at the results and the results say what Krafts management team (Burns and Heaps) are doing seems to be working well.

rkupp repped this.
  16. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dncm repped this.
  17. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Just remind me.....how many trophies? ;)

I was merely commenting on the author's writing and the way he wrote #17 - why do you think he referenced those names?

18. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Revs the only team to not play the host FC Tucson from the PDL. Good tests for Heaps and the boys.

19. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Revs and SKC, although one of us could potentially play them in the placement round (Feb 28th).

dncm repped this.
  20. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
  22. agoo101284

agoo101284 Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd think we'd have some luck bringing in a trialist or two ahead of a tournament with 5 other MLS clubs. Probably a good one worth signing at that.

Crooked repped this.
  23. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally, you see the light! ;)

24. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Gomez is a goalkeeper out of Georgetown who was drafted by the Crew. He has some experience with the U20 national team during the last cycle, but ultimately didn't make the qualifying or WC team.

25. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to New England, where we get our Revs news from other MLS teams' coverage before we get it from our own...