PreOlympico | Other Results/news [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Chiquitibum, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I called it

2. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    5-0 Canada

3. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Obviously they had an Agreement.

Now if Mexico is like 1-0 around the 85th minute we should let Haiti score for the tie and eliminate those Canadian Bastards.

4. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Looks like no Olympics for Guatemala, couldn't have happened to a classier side.

5. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hahahahahaha

f'k Guatemala

6. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They lost?

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes, in Pk's.

8. El Chompiras

El Chompiras Member+

Feb 27, 2006
    San Fernando Valley
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    lmao

fuck those putos

9. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Did they cheer their players when they missed?

10. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hahahaha screw those bastards

11. skalomax

skalomax Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What a classy bunch of people we have in this forums.

no fuk*ing respect.

12. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    fack guatepeor.... those bastards deserve no respect for opening their legs open wide for the canucks..

13. metrofan89

metrofan89 Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Sorry, just thought this was a funny post now.
    Better luck next year hombres.

14. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    HAHAHA

pinche bola de putos afeminados!!!

:D

pero de seguro ya estan acostumbrados en nunca sobresalir en nada; digo, nunca han ido a un mundial estos cabrones

15. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    I usually don't do this, but I don't see what's so funny.
    Assumption 1: Honduras beats Cuba (check)
    Assumption 2: Panama beats Cuba (check)
    Statement: Under these assumptions, a Panama-US tie would leave the US out (check)

Because I doubt you were referring to the sarcasm on Cuba upsets or Mexico-Canada ties.

16. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hes being a troll. just ignore. I and many others, probably including NADs had the same assumption.

17. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

I stoped paying attention to the Olympic qualifiers after Mexico's elimination and now that the tourney is over I am the least bit surprised that Honduras finished atop. This is the "Catrachos" second such title, and aside from a WC82 participation is their only note-worthy achievemnets in the region.

Anyways, I attribute this success to the CONCACAF qualifying system. Three games followed by playoffs, thus one bad game can mean elimination. As was the case with Mexico after losing to Guatemala who then decided not to show up to their final game, allowing Canada to score five goals.

A home and away system would definately benefit the bigger teams, allowing them to take advantage of player depth and home fields. If this qualifying method was used then Mexico could have certainly counted with Vela and Gio for some of the games.

But I am not here to complain as I believe that the current system, for Youth WC and Olympic qualifiers, allows the rest of the CONCACAF teams to have international exposure, helping their teams improve.

That sais, it is time for Mexico to take these short tourneys more serious. As we have seen, when el Tri ventured outside of Mexico: Eduardo Rergis couldnt qualify the 2005 U-20 to the youth WC and Jesus Ramirez also failed with the 2007 U-17. With Hugo's U-23 being the most recent failure.

IMO, the U-23 should have had a seperate coach. Ideally many of the U-23 players should have been part of the new NT process since Hugo took charge, but unfortunately the ones that were, with the exception of Ochoa, were not available for the tourney.

Also the fact that Copa de Oro and Copa America were back to back and early in the process made it difficult for Hugo to call-up younger players. Sure the U-23 had a month to prepare but 'friendlies' are not as conclusive as playing qualifiers, which the Central American teams had to play in order to reach the pre-Olimpico.

Now, many round here want Peckerman to replace Hugo but wouldnt it have been sweet if the FMF would of hired him to coach the U-23, which im sure would of been just as lucrative as taking over Toluca, then the youth team would of been well prepared and with good chances of taking an Olympic medal.

And if by the time WCQ rolled around the Senior NT was not playing as expected then it would of been easier for Peckerman to take the reigns. The FMF, however, has proven to have poor planification skills.

Many even questioned why Jesus Ramirez was not at the helm of the U-23, that too would of been a good idea, but in the end the media and fans choose to attack Hugo Sanchez and his tactics. Now, in some wierd turn of events the U-23 failure has fans questioning the Sr NT as they prepare for WCQ. I guess everyone already forgot how the team did the last time they played an international tourney.

18. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    I was pretty much done with this too, but I want to mention two things.

First, though I agree that a home and away series benefits Mexico as a stronger team, the actual Olympics and World Cups are played as single game round robins in the first round. One bad game can lead to elimination for a superior team, but our success in qualifying out of 1994/98/02/06 suggests we know how to concentrate enough for three games, why can't we focus enough when playing this format within the region?

And second, for humor's sake, I present to you the official all-tournament team:
    http://www.concacaf.com/view_article.asp?id=4128

19. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico