Alert: Premier League: Sunderland v Manchester United - Mar 30 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by pgr17, Mar 28, 2013.

1. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Plenty of debate about that part I think.

2. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just keeping Nani and buying a Rodriguez would do, Zaha could be first replacement. If Nani goes two world class /potential players are needed urgently

3. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Im think ive finally lost hope for Young. He looks scared in a United shirt.

4. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    In the least 18 games in the league, we have 16 wins and draws, with 0 losses. That is 50-of-54 points. For those who have been criticising Ferguson's transfers and such all season long, then you surely by default have to admit to his squad management being incredible in order to achieve this with such an 'average' team.

In all competitions over this time (since the Nov 24 win over QPR) we have played 26 games, with 21 wins, 5 draws (West Ham & Chelsea - both FA Cup, Spurs and Swansea - Premiership, and Madrid in the CL - which nobody would argue was a great result), and just two losses (Cluj and Madrid in the CL - one of which was meaningless, and the other where most everybody would agree we were utterly shafted). That's pretty f***ing spiffy, for such an average squad. :cool:

Playboy Red Devil and Cevno repped this.
  5. googoo

googoo Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not the best of games, but pleased nevertheless.

Excellent performances from the whole defence. Vidic and Smalling were dominant in the air, Evans was classy as usual and Büttner was excellent going forward. De Gea did well to get a punch on that ball (when he clashed with Vidic) but his kicking was atrocious. Actually, it has been for quite a few games now.

I thought Kagawa was very good in spurts. Loved his movement and link-up play early on, but he faded a bit as the game went on. Needs to exert his influence a bit more.

Our terrible wing play has been already discussed as I see, so won't talk much about that. I think Nani was rested for the chelsea game, so no worries there. Apart from the wide men, Anderson has been poor again. He is such a nothing player and he's doing himself no favour with shite outings like this.

Ultimately I thought the 3 points were never in danger, so I'm happy with the team.

6. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Math fail.

7. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Haha, for those struggling to complete the follow equation '16 + X = 18', it was indeed two draws (Swansea, Spurs - as mentioned lower down in the same post). :p

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Redemption fail.

LA. MAN UNITED repped this.
  9. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    I was being polite, to avoid pointing out that further down in that very same post I mentioned the two draws and who they were against. :)

It does seem as if you are a little unhappy with the initial point in my post, mind. :p

LA. MAN UNITED repped this.
  10. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Stop making excuses. I was just poking fun at a typo. Go fly a kite or something.

11. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    You're more argumentative and irritable than usual today, something you want to share? :)

12. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Friends...friends... no need to fight.

13. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    I heart you, Wincy!

14. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Right back atchya........Billy.

[​IMG]

15. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Ooooooooohhhhhhh, time to go to PMs! I think I'm onto a winner here!! :D

16. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ashley Young. That's 18 mill pissed away. At least Valencia gave us some quality years.

17. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It is an average squad, tell me of two midfielder in this squad who you would call excellent player if not world class, okay lets leave that. We are a team based on our wings so tell me of two of our wingers who again are excellent players if not world class. We got an excellent striker in RVP and dont know where to fit Kagawa Rooney, excellent Nani with woeful Valencia and Young, excellent Carrick with sub par midfield who wouldnt even get into a top 10 team.

So it isnt management fault I guess, years of pointing here pointing there, buying crap and we cant blame the management or only happy clappers are allowed, there is distinct lack of quality in our team and our displays show that.

18. Drae

Drae Member+

Jun 26, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Fergie is a fanboy...

johno repped this.
  19. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And the biggest wum around...y'all are in for a longggg summer.

20. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We will suffer if the trend continues but not as much as the club itself, I wonder if the self destruct button was put in the original design.

21. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    As you are saying - we have an average squad, terrible wingers, bad midfielders, old defenders, inability to figure out how to use some of our better players and generally poor performances, yet we are on course to have a dominance of record proportions in the league and outplayed a much better squad 11 on 11 in the CL. Being able to lead such a "crap" team to such good results is an amazing accomplishment by the management, no?

Cevno, googoo and billyireland repped this.
  22. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Being average in a below average league is some achievement in your opinion not mine, and it doesn't matter we matched who ever last two seasons we have been knocked out before qualifying round and in the first qualifying round while last year league champion didn't even make it that far.

And people should learn to read by now, we have one good midfielder one good winger one excellent striker as I implied in my post, didn't even mention our above average defense and good keeper. Accomplishment of management is pray and hope our some good pieces don't get tired or injured, imagine or season if Carrick missed large part of it.

23. urbnzy

urbnzy Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Slovenia
    You mean the best strike force and one of the best defences in the world.

24. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Best strike force based on ? Best defense is also an invalid claim, it's a decent defense which needs to be revamped and re thought of.

25. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's a defense in transition Syed. Transitioning takes time.

And while the PL is clearly not what it was circa 06-10, it's not an average league. It's still a very good league.

You seem to have this very strange definition of average.