Alert: Premier League: Manchester United v Man City - Apr 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by pgr17, Apr 5, 2013.

1. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sadly, this is exactly what will happen (minus the Joey Barton bit...I hope).

2. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmm. 4-4-2 is great for knocking over the minnows, but against the big boys gotta match them in the middle. Especially when our wingers of Nani and Valencia are not the threats they used to be. Overloading the wings is only any good if we have good wingers. Welbeck not suited to playing wide against the big boys. Young was poor again tonight.

With purchase of Kagawa and Powell and the recall of Cleverley plus the early season line-ups I thought we had changed direction towards a 4-3-3.

Jones played well, Carrick played upto his good standard of this year, likewise Rafael. RVP, Welbeck and Rooney disappointing. Evra out-of-position for the second goal, but that is not really news.

Shame, would have been nice to seal the title and allow some of the younger players to play.

3. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    pros: Jones was great, Rafael was industrious, Carrick was his usual best self, 12 points clear, 7 games to get 10 points, 5 days rest to get it right

cons: lack of urgency until first goal was scored, Welbeck ball watching on Aguero goal, subs too late in the game (again), the Giggs experience/experiment didn't quite come off today, RVP still searching, Rooney didn't find his footing (needs games ;)).

but not going to despair too much... it's 64 and sunny out today. we'll get it right next week at Stoke and build it up to 15 again.

4. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    64 and sunny? Sounds pretty damn cold to me.

5. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What experiment, we played Giggs Scholes last year in the title decider too, SAF cant see past his nose, and Rooney needs to be fined wages for being shit at something he gets money for, Young must be given another job, maybe the tour guide at the stadium.

6. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He is probably a bot designed to say positive things, shackled AI.

7. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    oh SyedZada - you need to brighten up a bit. all this negativity can't be good for your overall health. I worry.

jeez. you're quite angry aren't you?

when you've come off the cold winter we've had this is very much some welcome relief!

----

definitely need 3/3 in the next 3 games Stoke (away), West Ham (away) and Villa (home) and hope for a slip-up from City within there. up after that are Arsenal (away) and Chelsea (home). would be great fun to win the title after either one of those matches.

billyireland repped this.
  8. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dire performance.

Clean sheet run gone too. Jones did well and all but we look less likely to concede with Vidic in the team.

Giggs in CM against lower teams please, if we want to play him there.

9. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Have high standards, rest is good.

10. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    just curious - if you ever had the chance to meet SAF, Young, Giggs, Scholes or Rooney would you ever tell them how you really feel?

11. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We've clearly taken a mental hit after the Madrid game.

exref and billyireland repped this.
  12. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    I can imagine how the comments will be when we drop points against Stoke & West Ham, then drop more after we play Arsenal & Chelsea

13. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (peaks head inside thread. slowly eases back out)

billyireland and doubletrouble repped this.
  14. googoo

googoo Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Really really pissed right now. What a fcuking shambles.

First of all, an absolute wank of a team selection. What the hell was Fergie thinking? I mean I can understand the inclusion of Giggsy but not in a goddamn 2 man central midfield. Not in a game like this. I wanted Giggsy to start, but either on the wing or in front of a 2 man MF. Despite playing like shit, he was actually up for this game, he tried his hardest but it was never gonna work out for him this way.

Was like :confused: when I saw Jones at CB, but he did quite well on the whole in the end. Maybe he should've done better on the Agüero goal but he was quite dominant apart from that.

What I don't understand is how Young can get into this team in this form. He offers ******** all. He either cuts inside deep in his own half and plays a magnificent five yard pass either to one of the CMs or CBs and then hides. Or, he receives the ball in their half and plays a terrible pass in front of Evra expecting him to do all the work. Running at defenders? Naaah, Young won't do that, 'cause ********ing Zabalate is so fearsome that not even a prime Ronaldinho could've hoped to go past him.
    Hate coward shit like that from our wingers. Wing play has always been an extremely important part of this club, so it's fair to say I'm disgusted by play like this. Valencia has been doing this for the whole season (with one or two exceptions) and Young hasn't been much better either.

Rooney was off, again, but then he doesn't seem to give a shit most of the time anyway.

And it's mind bending that Fergie waited so long with the subs. And then he takes off Danny, instead of ********ing Young or Rooney. I was raging at that point. What the hell was he doing today?

15. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Will this be the most anti-climatic Prem win ever?

Stud83 and billyireland repped this.
  16. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    still need to win it... but to answer your question I don't think so. ever ABU was so thankful when City won last year - especially in the fashion that they did - and for United to come back like we did, played the football like we have played and with be 12 points ahead with 7 games to go is quite an achievement. winning #20 will be a huge relief whenever we do it. to do it with games to spare would be even better.

a championship is won over 38 games - not to mention all the other things that go into a season. we've had a bad spell but the players and the Manager will get it right again.

it's all about the big picture :)

Cevno, billyireland and googoo repped this.
  17. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh look...we played pretty poorly again, and lost. I'm shocked I tell thee. After watching us against Chelsea, this was no big surprise. Our players really wanted to win as well:giggle: :oops:.

We have become so predictable...I could seriously coach any team in the Prem, to have a more than decent chance of beating us. I'm serious.

The only reason we are in the position we are, is because RVP was playing like a top 5 world player for most of the season, without any other world class players to take the strain after his form drop, we've reverted to type (same shit from last season). What the ******** happened to the diamond we were experimenting with earlier in the season? It was showing potential. I've not seen it tried again in 5 months. Instead we try to drag ourselves over the line with average players and tactics, like a cripple in a marathon.

SyedZada repped this.
  18. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Midnight and it's 2c/36f in Manny.

19. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    ok i missed the match. sadly someone ruined the score for me. please PLEASE tell me we at least played well in the game

20. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Now why is it that I take endless shit for being a 'glory hunting' United fan again?

Brutal performance in bits today mind, so I do understand your frustration at the final whistle. Just less of this nonsense please ;) . We all know at this stage that you're like the bruised and battered housewife who swears "this time will be the last time!". :p

It was funny for me watching, as I did so with some 'typical' fans, insomuch that they did everything they could to blame the goal on DDG without paying attention to Jones' inexplicable leap backwards as Aguero started his movement. Also the same crowd that hate Nani because he is so 'greedy and ineffective... and a diver' yet like Young and were calling on him to blaze pointless attempts over as he did routinely. Oh, and of course who completely failed to notice just how atrocious Giggs was for the whole game, despite me pointing it out constantly on a play-by-play type basis (in a sitting room, as opposed to a noisy, hustle-and-bustle type pub setting). That to me was more frustrating than the match itself.

But nonetheless, 12 points clear with 7 to go. I really hope to not see certain people in here celebrating the title, if/when we secure it.

It's our first loss in half a season, the world is ending!! :p

21. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    And I could win a medal in the 100m sprint at the Olympics in shackles. I'm serious.

Don't moan about the last five months regarding the diamond formation when it has brought 16 wins, 2 draws, and finally 1 loss in the league.

22. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Don't know why he didn't stick with the 4-3-3 that was so successful earlier this season.

23. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    If we don't get more than 5 points out of next 3 games, the race is very much back on.

24. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And that's where we differ billy. You're happy to see us scrape along, scrapping wins by the odd goal. I always wan't better for us. I liked seeing progress with a new formation, we looked better in possession, and if nothing else, it gave us options. "Let's just do all the things YOU want to do" :p continue to react to a weak league, and let the rest of Europe go further away from us.

Your 100 metre comparison sucks by the way.

SyedZada and Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  25. Biff Hooper

Biff Hooper New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    The Far East
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, when was the last time a club ran away with the league yet looked so poor doing it? To top it all, United is still on pace for 94 points, one of very best league finishes.

Invincible repped this.