Preki Out

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Alex Sanz, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Alex Sanz

Alex Sanz New Member

Apr 6, 2000
    TX
    Just read on the burn board that Preki is out for this game. Anyone know why? I was wondering since he didn't get a red his last game. Was he in yellow card accumulation danger?

2. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to MLSnet it is becuase of violent behavoir. When exatlly this happed I do not know.

3. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    i'm sure it was the play on which he picked up a yellow card against Metrostars. I thought that should have been a red.

4. willthewizard

willthewizard New Member

Apr 22, 2001
    sw mo
    It has to be the play in the middle of the field atgainst the Metros...should of been a red,,,,didn't both players get yellows?

5. LSNsoccer362238

LSNsoccer362238 New Member

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    i cant recall this play...anybody mind explaining what happened?

6. willthewizard

willthewizard New Member

Apr 22, 2001
    sw mo
    I couldn't see real well, but Preki was in the center circle area and was be hounded from behind, the guy had some of Preki's jearsey and Preki let him have a pretty good elbow. He must not have connected good enough to get a red.

7. LSNsoccer362238

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    I just saw it on metrosports...didnt look to be terribly hard but it deserved the yellow.

8. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So they can review Preki's situation and add a suspension when warrented although the ref only gave a yellow, but thay won't take away a suspension like Meola when a suspension wasn't warranted?

9. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ya is called getting screwed!

10. LSNsoccer362238

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    yes that pisses me off but dwelling on crap like that is only gonna make me get gray hairs at a young age...and well i like my hair the way it is right now so dont mention tonys red card

11. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    I think the league is willing to add to the punishment if they think the ref missed something, but are not going to over-rule a ref by lessing the punishment.

I don't have a problem with that policy.

12. dakotajoe

dakotajoe Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Medford, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The NFL reviews disputed plays that their refs miss all of the time and levy not only fines but suspensions as well.

I don't see MLS over-riding a ref's red card as it would take away the ability of the ref's to call the game as they see it. Remember all of those ref huddle's in the NFL that seem to go on forever?

13. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Why is it okay to correct a certain mistake by an official, but not other types? Either review cases where the player is wrongfully suspended or truly make the referee's decision final.

14. dakotajoe

dakotajoe Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Medford, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could MLS have looked at the videotape of the Meola/Ruiz "collision"? It could be said that there is not sufficient evidence of a non-collision due to the camera angle. Ruiz is a notorious diver, and his height would make a high-jumper blush, but Meola could have made contact and Ruiz made a meal out of it. I've seen the replay and I am not 100% it was a total dive.

15. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    I think you can be consistent, comply with FIFA and deter some cheating if they follow their current plan.

Don't overrule what a ref saw, just punish what he missed.