Pregame Thread: USA vs Ecuador 10-11-11

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by StevenTacle, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: USA vs Ecuador 10-11-11

I don't, and I'm from NY. If you're looking for something to complain about, complain about guys like Edu and Beasley not tucking in their shirts.:rolleyes:

2. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

http://twitter.com/#!/ussoccer
    Quotes:

Klinsmann in pre-game presser: "The style we want to develop is one that fits the strengths of this group of players we have."

Klinsmann on Ecuador: "we are well aware they are a good side. We are looking forward to an exciting game tomorrow night."

Bocanegra: "we are trying new people and new formations. We have good starting points and we work hard and fight for each other."

3. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

pictures from training
    http://yfrog.com/h6n7cezj
    http://yfrog.com/nusa1bcj

Studio 90: MNT Arrives in New Jersey
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_73KPELT2A&feature=channel_video_title"]Studio 90: MNT Arrives in New Jersey - YouTube[/ame]​

4. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Claudio Reyna is in New Jersey.

5. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Based on what he saw at training today, this is who Ives thinks is the XI tomorrow

Projected USA Starting XI based on training: Howard, Spector, Bocanegra, Onyewu, Cherundolo, Beasley, Bradley, Edu, Shea, Dempsey, Altidore

Also said Beasley was abusing Orozco during practice.:D

6. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas

call stabler and benson

7. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I highly doubt Beasley may start but overall a good line up.

8. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

no chandler?

9. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I bet he does.

10. soccerdisciple

Mar 8, 2004

Did not see the Beasley abuse on Orosco in the Ives article. Where does it say that?

11. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's more than I expected. Probably 20k+ by kickoff.

13. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ives tweeted it

14. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_8tbEnkddU[/ame]

15. NatsTeamFan

NatsTeamFan Member

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    Fulham FC

No it hasn't, but I definitely feel like he wasn't very sharp vs. Honduras. Plus the fact that we more than likely won't have both him and gooch starting for us come 2014, and as of right now, I have more hope for gooch. Give Ream another shot, we already know what we're getting out of Boca anyways.

16. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Even if he's not starting in WC2014, he can still be extremely useful in qualifying. If he's beating out others in practice then let him start.

17. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, it's kind of odd that the two oldest field players on the roster (Dolo/Boca) both start both games. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Of course, when Tim Ream and Orozco Fiscal are the two other CB's in camp, not much choice there. But there are lots of other FB options (Chandler, Spector, Williams) that would allow Dolo to sit a game.

18. beto07010

beto07010 Member

Aug 4, 2011

So I was at Red Bull Arena and I had a great time, it really was awesome. Juergen is very open with the fans, he spoke to us briefly at the beginning and was all smiles.

As for the scrimmage: Well first, someone wrote they heard Beasly was abusing Orozco, certainly not the case at all. That wasn't even remotely what happened, if anything Orozco did well at shutting down the lanes and stopping Beasly in the run of play, so much so that I thought Orozco had a pretty good outing. Apparently Juergen did also because he kept praising Orozco. Beasly did score once, it was on Orzco's flank, he went by 2 players, one was Orozco and the other was either Ream or Williams. It was a nice move, it was a nice goal. But this guy that tweeted that must have been seeing another game all together, no clue what the guy is talking about, really...If anything, I got the feeling that Juergen really likes Orozco, he kept praising him, granted Orozco was all over the practice field, Ream was kind of invisible, Beckerman was playing more to the left and that limited the attacking play from that side. Scrimmage ended when Orozco put Beasley on his ass HARD..At least a yellow card lolol..I think Juergen assigned Orozco to be on Beasley's ass, cause he was marking him all the way up on the attacking end, he was literally on his ass.

By far the most impressive player was Danny Williams, this kid can play. He is a soccer player, it was fantastic watching him play. If anything, uhum, if anything, Danny put it on Beasley, and he put it on him bad. Danny looked damn good, if he continues his development he can be a special player. He went by Beasley a handful of times and there was one special time when he faked him out and accelerated, and to beat Beasly with speed, that's saying something. It was the initial step-over, this guy can become a really nice player.

I was also pleasantly surprised by Gooch, he had a very positive outing, nothing special, but he did what was needed. Shea was non existent as was Buddle. Jozy looks better and better, his ball handling has really improved, he's just barely missing goals. Dempsey is our new 10, Landon can slide to the wing, that is Dempsey's position. Beckerman was ok, he had more to do with the attacks of his team than Bradley. However, Bradley was switching fields superbly, there were 3 or 4 times when he spotted the open man on the other side of the field and caught the defense off guard. If Bradley could just improve on the ball, I think he's a lock as our destroyer.

Agudelo was fighting up top, he did fine. Carlos is on his way out and Chandler was very dependable. Edu looked really bad, he was nonexistent, off on his passing, receiving, and shooting. Not a good outing from him and Spector was decent, he was trying and I think we might see a little of him tomorrow. Dolo and Carlos had the worst outings.

Overall, I had a good time, good like 8 signatures and had fun.:D

4 people repped this.
  19. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I wish the Nats would come to DFW.:(

20. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

????

Thanks for the report

21. beto07010

beto07010 Member

Aug 4, 2011

The play began on the flank so I don't remember if Beasley got by Williams first and then Orozco or if he got by Orozco and then Ream came over to help and got by him as well. It was 2 players, I think it was Orozco and Ream who came to help..

22. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ream looked very good in that practice at RBA.

Kid is an amazing passer.

23. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Austin Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Here's a lineup question for my fellow BSrs

Any chance Ream gets the start over Boca?

24. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Against a team like Ecuador, I highly doubt it.

25. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas

I'd like to see something different. We know what Boca brings. It's average to average +. Not sure we have better, but would like to know for sure.