PREGAME 2006-08-26 @ Dumb Clucks United

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by rokstedy, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we win against the league's best (or at least tie on the road)? Will Santino or Albright score against their former club? Will we have enough players? Can we hope and pray that no more injuries happen?

2. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Guarantee

If the G's win this game against D.C. United @ D.C. (important) I will have nothing but good things to say about the G's the rest of season.

I will go as far to say if we even tie I will say good things about them....... ah what the hell, if we have more corner kicks or more possesion time or shots total not even on goal I will say good things about them the rest of the season.

But only if we lose..... the negative train keeps rolling.

I am conceeding so much to a team that needs points from this game bad. lets see if they come out and play like they do.

Go Galaxy!!!

3. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    we've had some pretty good luck in DC, even when we've been having an ass sucking year. we won there last year, we won there the year before; off the top of my head i recall winning pretty convincingly in 2000 (4-0, 4-1?). i also recall a controversial cienfeugos equalizer scored back in the bad old days when MLS clocks counted down. officially time was up, but the chinese exchange referee — unaware of the byzantine and stupid rules — allowed cien to take the free kick we'd won in the 90th minute. he scores, we tie.

4. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    looked it up, we're 7-6-1 @ D.C. in regular season play. not too shabby. one of those loses was from the dreaded days of the shoot out, while another was during the slightly less dreaded, but equally dumb extra time days.

of course D.C. has a pretty good record against us at home, they're 6-6-1 against us @ home with two of those loses being in OT. if you add in playoff "away" wins, then they're 8-6-1.

[edit /]
    just wanted to clarify, d.c.'s 6-6-1 record is when they play us at our home

5. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't that be fantastic if Tino scored?

6. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    I am predicting a 2-1 win over DC. Goals are scored by Albright and Quaranta. Landon will be limited due to the defense they will be playing on him. Albrights goal will come off a corner kick and Quarantas will be off an assit from Donavon.
    Lets think "WIN" "WIN" "WIN" "WIN" "WIN" "WIN" "WIN"
    [​IMG]

7. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sentimental goal predictions from LASN, looking at recent history it always seems to be that away game to DC that we not only win, but also becomes the turning point in our season. They have not been as indestructable in recent games so I think we could sneak another one in, Obviously Santino will be pumped and Chris will be too. We have to win this one, or at least take a point.

8. lou czar

lou czar Member

Sep 26, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My return to the first page!

DCU, was the only team incapable of continuing the lousy road streaks of the past two seasons. So lets hope they are in full scale coasting mode. Otherwise, not being able to match the road result of RSL will seem pretty sorry.

9. CSUFstewie

CSUFstewie Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Placentia, CA
    Even though it was only a USOC game, we are still carrying some momentum from beating the Crapids on Wednesday. Plus we are coming off a big win against Dallas a week ago Sunday. Hopefully our form will hold and we can come away with at least a point against Dog Crap United. We need the Galaxy to show up with their "A" game and have no let downs.

I will be at the HDC on Saturday night to root on the Dynamo against the goats. We need the goats to loose to the Dynamo and we need NY to beat the Really Shi**y Losers (rsl) to tighten up the bottom of the table. A goats loss combined with a rsl loss and a Galaxy win puts us right back into the thick of things.

if goats and rsl loose ...

goats .... 31 pts
    rsl .... 29 pts ** (rsl has us beat on +/-)
    Galaxy .... 29 pts

Then assuming all goes as planned (goats and rsl loss combined with LA win against DC on 8-26) we have a chance to overtake the goats on Wednesday if the Galaxy get a win against rsl. We are still in this!! LETS GO GALAXY!!!!

10. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just spent some time lurking on the DCU boards.

DC used a lot of reserves in beating the RedBulls in their USOC match, which was at home. Gomez & Adu were rested (apparently they have small knocks) and Moreno & Olsen came in late. They only went 90 minutes & beat up on NY's starters 3-1.

They will be fresher & they will be at home. Also, they'll likely be motivated to revenge LA successes against them at home the last 2 years, and LA's championships last year. Also, they'll be looking to reverse their recent dip in form.

Luckily, all that doesn't mean much when they take the field. DC is the better team on paper, but we are coming on & key players Donovan, Albright & Santino should be motivated. Someone needs to run with that Gros guy & minimize the damage he can cause. If our defense keeps their heads, we could be in good shape.

Attendance should be >20000.

11. CSUFstewie

CSUFstewie Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Placentia, CA
    This match has some serious potential to be a game of the season. I like the way we match up with DC. Donovan is going to have to play the game of his life. I'm hoping the Donovan that shows up on Saturday is not the lazy lethargic one that pops up every now and then.

Our center mids are going to have their hands full but with the way Nate has been playing I'm pulling for him to have a break out game. Also, if our defense doesn't have any brain farts (like the one that happened in the 3rd minute against the Crapids) we should be in good shape.

If Gordon starts up top, I think he is finally going to get on the score board. He has been knocking on the door the last few games, I'm hoping that he has a big game on Saturday cause we need the goals. We need them early and we need 'em often!!

12. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am so MAD that this is on HDNet only - since I don't get HDNet. Grrrr.
    So it's the radio for me. :(

I'm nervous, but we seem to play well at RFK and since we're still in desparation mode, I think we'll step up and win it. Looks to be a very exciting game.

13. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I have a feeling that Hartman, Albright, Cobi and Landon are going to show up. Hopefully the younger guys can feed off this and pull off a quality result.

14. RHSOCCER23

RHSOCCER23 Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To everyone:
    This game will be broadcasted on over the air KWHY 22 at 4:30 PM in Spanish. Pregame show starts at 4:00. This should be available to everyone since its not a cable channel ;)

15. LA Red

LA Red New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am thinking that Tyrone will be back for this match and so the defense will be in full force. I have faith in the team and I predict that the G's will continue this momentum of winning to pull out a victory 2-1. And as icing on the cake, Cobi's going to score the winning goal and grab his crotch in front of Barra Brava again this year. ;) GO GALAXY!!

16. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    Great post, thank you. See? NOW we're cooking -- helping each other out and not just bitching, good work. A couple wins, a little mo . . .

We really bitched them at RFK last season. And though he's had a tough year so far, Donovan is a class above this bunch -- so if he's on, IT'S ON.

17. Galaxysgirl

Galaxysgirl New Member

Apr 15, 2005
    Norwalk, CA
    If he's knocking on the door, then it needs to be a really really BIG door.

We turned ourselves around after we beat them last year, so all we can do if hope for the same result... a WIN

18. New Mexican

New Mexican Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't bet on it. Gordon is like Pando, always knocking at the door but they can't go in. They need a goalpost twice as tall and twice as wide.

19. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but Pando was trying to knock on the door from across the street.

20. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And he has to be careful not to break the door with his first touch.
    And it is coincidentally scheduled at almost the exact same weekend before school starts, and I will be there again. :)

21. New Mexican

New Mexican Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game won't be shown on Direct Kick or ESPN. :mad:

22. CSUFstewie

CSUFstewie Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Placentia, CA
    Whats the deal with the broadcast of the match?? The front page of the Galaxy webpage says the game will be on FSN Prime Ticket. Will FSN PT have it or not?!?!?!?? :mad:

23. CSUFstewie

CSUFstewie Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Placentia, CA

24. RHSOCCER23

RHSOCCER23 Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will this help you out?

25. CSUFstewie

CSUFstewie Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Placentia, CA
    I had seen the post about the spanish broadcast, I just think its weird that the webpage says FSN PT will carry the game.