Predictions: Which CL Game Will ESPN show on Dec.8?

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by MiamiAce, Nov 24, 2004.

1. MiamiAce

MiamiAce New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Miami, USA
    Hey PauloCesar...

Don't worry, I'm on your side. This is my thread and you and I, as well as most posters in this thread are clearly thinking like us when it comes to ESPN's poor decision-making. Arguing with Rangers00 is like arguing with the devil himself. He will defend ESPN and their policy on soccer broadcasting to his grave because he sits by himself in his house with no friends and coughs up hundreds of dollars a month just to have 9 different satellites streaming to his house to watch soccer matches even in Cambodia. He thinks we should all follow in those stupid ways just because its possible. The best thing to do is ignore him, thats what I've done. His insults are laugheable and his comebacks are illogical. He's a foreigner who lives in the U.S., but makes effort to bash the USA, yet won't say where he's from. And yet he believes by fragmenting your posts into individual sentences in order to reply gives him effective dialogue. Just laugh at him and ignore him like most of us do.

By the way, ESPN will be showing the Roma vs Real Madrid match on Dec 8. I'm not sure... will fans be permitted to enter the stadium to watch the game? If not, I also think it would also be ridiculous for ESPN to show this match. An integral part of showing international sporting events is presenting its local or world-wide passion or popularity of said particular sport or match. Such is the case with American sports and the mainstream broadcasters. You won't exactly see the NFL or ABC schedule nor televise Detroit Lions vs Arizona Cardinals on a Monday night. A semi-filled Sun Devil stadium does not look favorable to NFL efforts. Common sense. My beloved Miami Heat (NBA) only were televised twice nationally last year; this year since acquiring Shaquille O'Neal, the Miami Heat will be televised an amazing 32 times nationally, thanks in part to our arena being sold out for every game as well, thus looking favorable with regards to NBA support. Indeed, Roma vs Real Madrid looks great on paper, but you and I, know that we want our fellow Americans to have a positive presentation of global soccer (unlike some other posters around here, *em em*). We actually do care about the sport growing within our country and converting fans rather than just sitting at home by ourselves and only pleasing ourselves like *em em*. An empty stadium does not help nor look good for UEFA, Roma, Real Madrid, Champions League, ESPN, nor the sport of soccer, NO matter how good this match is. ;)

2. rafaelj

rafaelj New Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    I can only agree with you - why does rangers00 enjoy being the one loud, obnoxious guy at the forum who is disliked by everyone else?

Yes, rangers00, you watch a lot of soccer and have a lot of tech know-how - so how about contributing in a constructive manner and keep the nasty commentary to yourself?

3. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    It's long done, at the beginning of the CL season. You and your cohorts have this "victim complex", that you guys would whine non-stop of being suppressed by ESPN2 instead of finding ways to watch games. Can you really say you are real CL fans?

Yes, I enjoy being nasty to false CL fans who only enjoy being suppressed by ESPN2, instead of enjoy watching CL games...

4. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Yes, 11 CL games are available in the U.S.A. if you have a PC and a broadband connection. Yet you don't believe it. You want to believe that you must have 9 satellite systems to watch the CL. That's your problem, not mine.

I mean, you are not really interested in watching the CL, that's for sure. You are only interested in whining that ESPN2 sells you short...

Something like ESPN2 has been ignoring your cry for more CL games? a content that does not appeal to Americans whatsoever?

Yes, another one keep confusing the CL and the sport of soccer, as if the only soccer that counts is the CL. Just because ESPN2 doesn't broadcast enough CL in the U.S.A. => soccer cannot grow in this country.

Three months after this thread first appeared,

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135570&page=1

you guys still want to use ESPN2 and America's ignoring of the CL as definitive proof that the media has a conspiracy against the sport. Amazing!!!

5. CdnBhoy67 redded

CdnBhoy67 redded Red Card

Dec 2, 2004

Rangers00-Is the 00 for the amount of times you lot have been Champions of Europe or the total IQ level of the player at Ibrox. Just wondering?

6. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    No, it's the number of CL games you whiners in the U.S.A. deserve to watch.

7. Buff_K

Buff_K New Member

May 14, 2004
    New Zealand
    Rangers00, you are one pathetic loser. How does you watching 3-4 games simultaneously make you more of a fan? It's beyond comprehension.

You just sound like a sad old man, a sad old man who changes his favourtite club. Hmmm, some fan eh?

Im sure I'l recieve a reply, as you dont seem to know when to quit.

PS, not everyone has high speed, or even a pc at home. so bit torrents arent for all my sad wee man.

8. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    No surprise, especially from non-fan whiners who have chance to watch multiple games but settle for one.

And you guys? who whine about no games from ESPN2 but refuse to watch the games easily obtained from other sources. Fan? defintely not!!!

And why should I quit? with you whiners keep biting...

I always wonder, why don't you whiners complain that the 16 CL games are not on ABC, CBS nor NBC? why only ESPN2? not everyone has cable either...