Predict how well Bayern will do in the Champions League..

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by DemmahoM, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    I really do feel this will be our year...so I am hoping for the title, or atleast a semi-final exit.

2. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They'll make it out of the group, but probably not much farther. :eek:

3. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Well..Milan, Barcelona, Chelsea should all look very tough to beat. The last couple of years have been filled with Dark Horses as well.

Going out in the semis would be fine ....even the quarters, depending on the opponent. I still think we are a qualty forward short of "tipping the scales" dramatically in our favor.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I would like to see Bayern grouped with Manchester United. It's been a while since we've played them.

5. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Agreed!!!! Usually pretty good games.. Something sweet about beating them. :)

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I used to detest them like no other team on the planet but I have slowly grown to respect them. It is more of a "friendly" rivalry with a lot of history.

7. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Umm...yea playing Manchester would be nice......

Anyways, I think this could be our year. Like said before, Barca, Chelsea and Milan should all be making strong cases to win it but I think our squad is becoming more compact. I just have a feeling that its all coming together, everyone is confident and everyone wants to win it real bad.

Who knows how far we might have come had we eliminated Chelsea, which wasn't that far off either.

8. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    The respect I think really started because of the friendship between Hitzfeld and SAF. I think Chelsea have become the team to detest

9. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yup, thats is their new role now along with trying to defend their successful season.

Hizfeld and SAF are two class people, the two greatest coaches in the last decade in my opinion.

10. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    my thoughts exactly...

and yeah, i hate chelsea more than any other team on the planet today... maybe juve comes close...

i also didnt like schalke very much until i came across piled! :D

11. tobayernfan

tobayernfan New Member

Mar 11, 2005
    I'd love to see Barca and Bayern in the final. I think Barca plays some of the best offensive soccer in the world, and were really closer than us at taking out Chelsea. I think Bayern should be better than last year, which was outstanding for the last month or two, because they know Magath's system, with the exception of Kovacs, will remain in tact, Schweini and Deisler will be major impact players, so that Ballack will be even more effective. Plus the team is hungry and with WC coming all national team players will want to make a statement to their respective national team coaches. Nothing like a successfull CL to recommend yourself for the starting lineup.

In my view our only "weakness"is depth at forward. Makaay and Pizza can play with anyone, but unless Santa Cruz finds himself, and delivers a big season, the back ups are not CL quality.

12. chelodelgado

chelodelgado New Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Bayern should at least go as far as they did this past year, because the team has improved. Ismael will add more options from set plays, Deisler is getting back on track, Schweiny has grown so much since the Chelsea games and Lahm is also a good addition to the team. And for the defense dont forget Gorlitz he is a very good defender. Last year's Bayern team was probably the best in the last 5 years and with the new additions we can only get better. The team should make it into the quarters again and after that its all luck and how the ball bounces.

13. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like Bayern to make it to the semifinal or final. But the key word was LIKE, I would not be satisfied unless the Bundes League Giants WIN IT ALL BABY!!! I am pretty positive you could what I voted for :) The only flaws I see is if there are a few major injuries or there defense since it is the weakest part of the team and the fact Kahn isn't getting any younger. :(

14. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--

Real Madrid and Bayern have a bigger rivalry...

We faced them in 2000,2001,2002,2004 :eek:

15. Caliguy

Caliguy New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    In your pc
    :confused: Do you mean KSA? Did you face Madrid? I pretty sure KSA didn’t face Bayern in all the years you mentioned.

16. XIIGermanIIX

XIIGermanIIX New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    TEXAS
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maakay and Pizarro aren't good enough? What about Guerrero. Now that Santa Cruz is fit again i think Bayern has a great Striker quartett

17. Neuwiednetronic Kev

Neuwiednetronic Kev New Member

May 4, 2005
    Sorry, who's KSA?

And I think bayern did play madrid in those years.

And won 3 out of 4 in 2000. but madrid still won CL! How bizzare. The CL champs get beaten 3 times by one team in the one season.

18. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--

No man I mean Bayern!

19. Caliguy

Caliguy New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    In your pc
    KSA= Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.... I don’t think the Saudi's played them like the Arab guy was saying, but I could be wrong.

20. Caliguy

Caliguy New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    In your pc

Sorry man my mistake, I get it now.

21. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    That's okay lol!

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Somehow I get the feeling you knew exactly what he was talking about and since he's already on a warning from the moderator you wanted to bait him.

Good thing he's mature aye.

23. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

Makaay is great. Pizarro is still to inconsistent, which ticks me off....cuz I think can be the best man on the pitch at times. Guerrero did not have a good CL season last year, though very good experience for him.. He still has to prove he can play at THAT level... not Bundesliga. Santa Cruz has been injury prone for the last few years so I am not convinced he is a long term solution.

They are going to have to step up...now that Zickler and Hashemian are gone. Do we have quality forwards??? yes, but I am still not confident in their consistency at the highest level.

24. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--

Guys let's just forget this and move on.

25. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thats the problem with Bayern's forwards...just one great forward, then you have the rest.