Pre-Season and Hinrunde 2021/22

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Jun 1, 2021.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Its good as gone when it comes to Flo & Zak, Zak i would miss more b/c he is the type that has a physical dynamo and unconventional style of play which makes him very difficult for any opponent.
    Well, we are who we are b/c we simply don't have the big bucks..truth be told i wouldn't be a supporter either if that was the case and i had to share the logo and jersey with 75% of the country ..mostly clowns that have never played the game or understand tradition and "Old School" and mostly result oriented and their palate changes with the new season!
    :sneaky::ninja::alien::devilish::D

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #77 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Dec 4, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    Not only did the DFB hand us a tough opening stretch of games back to back to the season but also we have a tough closing carnival in Hoppenheim, RBL, and the Phoenix ...that's another 9 valuable points that may very well dictate being in the international business next year or not and not being there means more financial pressure and danger for the clubs future thanks to the "Wuhan Gift " :cautious:o_O:speechless::thumbsdown::confused::whistling:
    Seems the only bridge out of Germany and on to Europe ( and a big pay cheque ) is via the Pokal autobahn...but then we already delivered our best performance of the season and not mention century against Hollywood in that competition and 96 might be manageable but Neverkusen and the fake Borussia and a few other heavyweights are still very alive!
    :alien::ninja::alien:

3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've not seen anything that make me think we can contend for a European slot next year, except for two points. One is the big win over Bayern. That indicates that there is talent in this team--it's just inconsistent. The second is that the gap between 4th and 13th is only 5 points. That indicates a lot of simply average teams after the top three. For me, one indicator is goal difference. Usually the teams with the best goal difference come out closer to the top, as it is an indicator of week-to-week performance over the long haul.

4. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, looks like we're a lot closer to a relegations candidate than a team for Europe.

Dage and HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ken
    Wanna do another 'End-Season " prediction by any chance??? We did one in the beginning remember ??
    From what i hear from the city of Gladbach ( residents and close friends to the club and organization ) and other news online...seems like besides all the stats and historical milestones/meltdowns that were broken negatively and in the works (of course for BMG) there is something else at work and running much deeper that is ripping this team apart and might suck us in like a dark black hole:(:sick::confused::speechless::mad:

TSG, Eintracht, RB...if miracles do exist id say 4 points, but even Santa does not believe in those:devilish::alien::devilish:
    Looking at the shitstorm that is casting over us...id say one ( 1 point) is the more reasonable outcome. 2 of these games will be on the road not to mention:whistling::whistling::speechless::whistling::rolleyes:
    Can we blame our top-tier players for moving on to better teams??? o_O:rolleyes:

7. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To the last point, no. Except that players often do not get what they want/expect out of it. It's silly, in some ways, to go to FC Hollywood, where you are just a replaceable part (see Cuisance). Or, like our guy who went to Schalke, you end up in the 2 BL.

But I think you are correct--something is going on.

I think we'll hover in the 12th-15th spot. Furth is woeful. Historically bad. Bielefeld is not much better. But we shall see.

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Did anyone see how Plea ripped apart the jacket that was handed over to him on the bench...he tossed it away so hard and he was fuming! I hope somehow at least this does not turn into an internal volcano b/c we are already knee-deep in crap and i agree with the above comment... it's not impossible for us to end up slightly above the relegation zone. Seems like the contract extensions combined by decisions made over who plays as a starter vs a joker and some other things that i have heard but there is no point in spreading rumors...yet at least on a public forum is going to dismantle us furthermore.....this is a true 'HORROR SEASON" for BMG and its just beginning to start :confused::sick::(:speechless:
    Yea something is cooking in MG and it's certainly not Christmas cakes and hot wine!
    :whistling::speechless::speechless::speechless::whistling:

9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Add Tedesco to tomorrows mix and no need to even throw the kitchen sink at the poor limping Fohlenelf!!!!
    :whistling::whistling::whistling::speechless::eek::eek::eek:

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Man talk about painful with a mega-dose of "Cripple"
    This was nothing short of "Criminal to watch":confused::sick:
    The boys wanted all out and off the pitch...and most likely most looking at what other uniforms are out there to join next season:laugh:
    Am surprised Hutter used the same broken bunch from previous games???
    Benes, plea, and wolf should have been our starters and flo...because the ones that lined up from the get go were very broken no-confidence...it was very obvious that the losses to Koln and SCF has left very deep scars and they simply can't shake it off...as for inside the cabin id say this again...some internal stuff is boiling and cooking:whistling::speechless::speechless::speechless::whistling:
    It best for the boys to enjoy their fat salaries stay at home and focus on their Christmas trees and ornament configurations b/c as far as the Bundesliga is concerned we are good as dead right now...has hutter lost the squad perhaps??
    :speechless::sick::speechless::sick::speechless::sick::speechless::sick:

11. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Relegation candidates....

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And then some...our best fighting colt is out for the next two games :speechless:

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No break for the wicked eh? This was a very weak and flat hoppenheim team, they had no ideas, and they certainly couldn't create any serious trouble for a team that's in a slump and without confidence...YET they managed to get the equalizer:confused::sick:

In other news...this thread is pretty much dead. It's sad since some of us have been for a good portion of a decade and even more:(
    I guess the Gladbach faithful also are more like their team today...come and go as a seasonal thing. But whoever is left out here or still visits the forum...i wish you and your family a great Christmas and holiday season.I know we are all wishing for a better year ( even a tiny bit) in 2022
    God Bless,
    ~N
    :alien::ninja::devilish:

LuckyStriker repped this.
  14. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least we got a point on the road and a chance to regroup. But we start with Bayern in the Rueckrunde.....

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ken we were both right
    Had a long discussion with on of the guys in Gladbach that has some reasonable reach with the club and city...and yes there is internal clusterfuark going on and sems a bunch of our players are already packing for other clubs!
    :confused::speechless::mad::(:sick::whistling:

16. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

tbf they've been playing like that almost all year. If not for the injuries many would have been gone in the summer. Can't take them seriously until after the market closes. Feels like Eberl will sell everything not nailed down.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Exactly my thoughts,when market closes we might have a vetter idea!
    :oops:

18. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Zakaria and Ginter will leave for a free in the summer.

Ginter just was bad luck because he told Gladbach years ago he want a rise in salary and it's maybe his career defining contract. Tough luck that no club in corona times wanted to buy him but hands down, he's a world champion and National Team player. Gladbach heading for their 2nd season without European Competition and weakened due to Corona times just can't even pay his current salary. So this is of course a drama for Gladbach but I can't find a misbehaviour with Ginter.

But.. it's different with Zakaria. Gladbach made him a player with a name, stood to him, when he was badly injured instead of sold him for the better and he now leaves for a free shitting on the club which helped him coming back. On the other hand, he doesn't deliver on a constant basis but is dreaming of a starter position in Liverpool or Manchester - give me a break. This kid is made to hit reality hard and I wish him exactly that.

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Zak is a good one..but deffo will have a very hard time playing regularly in the EPL..but laundered/black money that free flows in the EPL...will pay for him just to decorate their bench!
    Too bad the diamond on the chest stands for nothing these days. There is some major turmoil inside our locker room...i don't wanna even imagine what Hollywood would do to us ...or the rest of the top 6 in the table that are waiting after" winter pause"
    At this point the major load os on our young lads. As for Ginter the guy was all class and brought us a lot of good points and 'W" in the past 5 years. Wish we could hang on to him.:whistling::cautious::eek: