Pre-season 2021 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by speker, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    There was a list of players with something to prove this preseason, and every single of one of them has shown something.

Great preseason for Keita.

Elliott returned from loan and looks like a Liverpool player.

Konoute looks like a great signing.

Tsmikas has been excellent.

Minamino and Ox were outstanding today.

Even Ben Woodburn really impressed me.

This is a really strong squad. The second team was just as much fun as the first team. Klopp is going to have selection headaches all over the pitch. It would be nice to see us go far in the cups because we have so many good players that should be playing games.

2. Menace2Sobriety

Menace2Sobriety Member+

Aug 12, 2004
    Washington DC
    It’s so great to have fans back.

3. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    @el-capitano We need a Norwich thread.

So many questions over who starts, but only good questions.

Firmino or Jota? Both are flying. Having the other on the bench is a real asset.

Midfield is impossible to call. I want Fabinho in there, and I think Keita has done well enough to be in there as well. But Milner, Elliott, and Ox all have a chance to start after good preseasons. I don’t think Henderson or Thiago start, but that bench is starting to look incredible.

Who starts at centerback? Is Virgil ready? I’m happy with any two of those four. I think all four are amongst the 10 best centerbacks in the league. Konoute looks incredible.

I don’t think there are any questions at left back. Tsmikas has taken that spot. Andy Robertson can take his time coming back and he shouldn’t need to be overworked this season.

I can’t wait for this season to start. City can have Grealish and Kane. Liverpool are ready to try to get 100 points again.

B.A., el-capitano, soccershaggy and 2 others repped this.
  4. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    B.A. repped this.
  5. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Many of our guys had really good preseasons , Woodburn was one who surprised a lot of us. Naby , Kostas, Harvey , Ox etc all looked good , excited and impressed us.

But that was preseason football and now the real deal begins . They have to keep it going and show us the same determination and standard of football against our domestic opponents.

soccershaggy and LiverpoolFanatic repped this.