Pre/PBP/Post US vs CAN 6/2/13

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by ForeverLOST108, Jun 2, 2013.

1. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    First, I'm not sure where the connection to no one hearing it means it never happened is. I simply asked if anyone else had qualified it.

Second, an article that has no mention of anyone chanting or yelling racist comments in either Vancouver or Toronto (as was specifically claimed) was provided as an answer to the question. I didn't counter with an opinion. I said that doesn't answer the question I asked.

2. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Now you lost me, who specifically claimed it happened in Toronto other than you?

Please cite source and link.

3. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    I lost me too until I reread that. Originally it was inferred it was in Toronto but after the first day I believe from an interview with US Soccer it was moved to Vancouver. The bracketed segment applies to either city, not just the latter.

4. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

I know things were inferred. I'm asking who actually said it.

Links, please.

5. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    The interview was Aaron Heifetz of US Soccer with CP. If you google her name and his you'll get many references.

6. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Actually , I don't find a reference from either Leroux or Aaron Heifitz that she said anything about Toronto.

All I find is this from Aaron and equivalents:

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013...plains-of-racial-abuse-at-canada-vs-u-s-game/

So it appears so far that your assertion that she said anything about Toronto and then changed it to Vancouver is fabricated by you or from some other source.

Now, she had 140 characters to say what she actually did say and you keep attacking it for inaccuracies, when you had unlimited characters and posts to attack her. And i cant find anywhere she said Toronto (or in this quote or her tweets, even Vancouver).

Just to be fair to you, here is what you said with the link:

I think it is only fair that you be able to document your claim, don't you think?

7. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Well he can't actually document it because he used "inferred" where he meant "implied."

Or, wait, actually he meant "it was inferred" because, after all, he did infer it, but he has been claiming since that it was implied only it really wasn't-- the implication only existed as his inference. All in the eye of the beholder....

:geek:

8. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Uhmmm the whole world thought she meant Toronto. When you tweet something like that after a game what else are people to think. Why do you think the whole Vancouver clarification by Heifitz was such a surprise? Why do you think everyone in Toronto was pissed off? Asking for a source is a bit ridiculous.

And if it matters, which apparently it does, it's sidebar (as is everything else in the past couple of pages and every crank reply I've received) to the question I asked.

I asked the question because I found it odd no one had asked something so basic. Now, after people doing everything but answer it, I'm starting to get a better idea of why.

9. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Hmm-- I guess I should have used the "alien" smilie instead...:alien:

10. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

I didn't think she meant Toronto. I didn't know what her 140 characters referred to. How did you?

Then you accuse her of changing her story, which you can't document she did, because you can't come up with a story to begin with.

So you are worse than she with unlimited time and space to do it, you are now changing YOUR story about what she did.

Classic smear campaign. Make up a story and then be vague about details. It's not a sidebar. It's the crux of your smear.

So I ask again. WHERE DID SHE EVER SAY IT WAS TORONTO?

If I say I like Sequoia trees, you might infer I ate one.

That's actually about the same level of truth

11. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    You keep saying I said it was in Toronto. I've been confused by that all along and just read back to see where it came from. This is all I can find:
    If I say you ate a cow in Vancouver or Toronto, does that mean you ate a cow in Vancouver, or in Toronto, or Vancouver or Toronto? Perhaps my English is bad, but to me it means you ate a cow in Vancouver or Toronto. I purposely asked the question that way to cover both possibilities.

Fast forward: Assertion. Fabricated. Attacking. Inaccuracies. Claim. Accuse. Document. Vague. Make up a story. Smear. Truth. Screaming.

Again, I'm looking for a reference to anyone who heard racist comments or chanting in either city. More insults and attitude are always welcome, but an answer to the question is really what I'm looking for.

12. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

I'm looking for evidence that you even know the definition of the word chanting, much less that anybody has to answer to your challenge of an assertion that was never made.

I'm also still looking for somebody ( you, specifically) to tell me why such a challenge needs to be answered.

But speaking of references let's do a little exercise in infer and imply I'll throw in deduce. I'll use a specific person. Let's say I just drew him out of a hat.

I'll use what I have deducedis one of the representatives of the fine nation of Canada at issue.
    [​IMG]

his name is Apparently Mcbride, but he goes by @McBreezy1989 which I infer is possibly a reference to the last time a woman showed any interest in him, judging from the rest of his tweets. His mother probably abandoned him shortly thereafter, sadly neglecting to wash out his mouth with lye soap beforehand.

His tweets, which if you have the stomach to read, aren't very nice towards anyone of the opposite gender or to Americans or Mexicans. His only shows of affection are towards two dogs of indeterminate gender and breed. No word on whether their interst in him is only food.

This gentleman was part of this fine exchange before the match that prompted Rhian Wilkinson to admonish her countrymen. ( avert your eyes If you don't like bad misogynist words. )

[​IMG]

If you read more of his tweets, he said he was going to the match, so I can safely, I think, infer he was there, After the match he implied he was in a retweeted question as to whether he was the source of racist and misogynist "chants".

I'm going to infer he is Canadian and was there. I'm also going to deduce from that inference he took full advantage of those beverages offered at ballparks not well known to confer restraint in speech or action. He has implied he uses such inhibition freeing substances.

And judging from his implications after the match that he was well engaged in such utterances and his apparent lack of inhibition towards misogyny and racism, we can all deduce it was he or other Canadian bloggers who actually admitted to such utterances that I infer Leroux might have heard. Notice I say might. I'm not inferring anything about her.

I'll note you imply no Canadian would utter such things, but from the above exchange, I would say it is quite safe to deduce this is not the case.

From Wilkinson's tweet, we can deduce that her implication that all Canadians are better than that isn't quite what we should infer. I'll otherwise excuse her folly. She was just trying to see the best in people and inspire supporters of her team and country to more enlightened viewpoints.

And we can also deduce from Wilkinson's tweet that this particular instance of bad manners from a representative of the host country was not an isolate. She mentions other tweets, which I will let you search for and link them to people who claim to have been at the match. I'll leave that to you and Wilkinson and make no inferences of my own. I'll tell you such links are readily evident, and if you really want them, it only takes a few tries to find other uses of C, N, and other admitted alphabetical utterances. As you pointed out earlier, Google, though American, is your friend here.

So get off your damn high horse on the topic, lest we infer that you are as racist and misogynist as the above mentioned mr McBeezy.His tweets make your assertion that no such things were said mor a commentary on your aural prowess than his oral tendencies.

It which case, I'll ask you why you are on a women's soccer forum defending such action? You can't really honestly imply no such conduct has ever happened to her. It's just not a reasonable inference. I suggest you support the likes of Wilkinson, not McBreezy.

I'm pretty sure such hateful speech will not be directed towards Quon, just as they haven't been directed towards Sesselman, Leblanc, Franko, or other US born dual citizens who chose to play for Canada. Your countrymen belie Canada's reputation of being like us only nicer. It makes you all look like more like cretins, no matter how much you ask for evidence of utterances about Toronto or Vancouver.

Even if she provided them, I'll infer you would no doubt then say she is changing her story.

No one but you has claimed they were made by Leroux, especially Leroux herself. The ussoccer source you cited shows quite the opposite.
    She not only didn't imply anything about Toronto, she stated through USSoccer that it WASN'T Toronto. And she implied nor stated anything in the statement about Vancouver, whatever you infer

This is fun. I like inferring things.

CoachJon and Chastaen repped this.
  13. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Nope, sorry. You didn't look hard enough and are changing your story. You then said:

And

Asking for a source is exactly what you are doing. But you keep changing what you want a reference for... Something you say didn't happen? An inference, or what the whole world " knows"?

You go first or shut up.

14. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well law10, I am surprised that you do not see the implied connection between her father talking about her calling him in tears "that night" and his comments about her being targeted with racist comments. I guess you are only good at inferring what you want from conversations, right?

Either way, again you are another person that totally makes me embarrassed to be a Canadian. You KNOW it's happening, but want to try skirting around the issues by asking for somebody on Big Soccer to confirm it for you. It's such a stretch that people chanted at her in Vancouver, while our own players are calling out the trash on Twitter for their behavior. Rhian gets it, you...need to stop being a part of the problem.

Cliveworshipper and BlueCrimson repped this.
  15. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    I don't really find this fun at all. First, it's not a story. It's a question. Second the question was in Vancouver or Toronto. You seem to have a hard time grasping that and have posted a couple of novels based on that one aspect of the question (which is ancillary to what I asked).

Please don't use the word implied, someone already killed that. Second, he wasn't in the stadium. It's back to her claim which is well known and doesn't answer my question.

The stuff on Twitter is vile. But that wasn't the accusation or question. The accusation was racism in a Canadian stadium and the question was has anyone heard of or seen reference to another person who heard something.

If someone reputable (a player of either team, a fan, security, an employee.. anyone) said "yeah I heard that jerk yelling racial insults" then it's open and shut. People are innocent until proven guilty - that goes for both sides. The player and the people in the stands.

16. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

DUDE, how dense do you have to be??? If American fans were to harass a Canadian player in the exact same manner I would be hard pressed that you or other people would shrug it off if you couldn't prove it happened in a stadium. The US fans wont dismiss our behavior because we are ignoring all the Tweets we KNOW are happening and focus on the ONE comment made. The fact that nobody can prove something happened in a stadium doesn't mean that Canadian fans aren't turning a blind eye to all the racist comments being directed at US female soccer player. And it certainly shoots the crap out of the "We don't put up with that" defense...

But I will give you this...you made a request for proof and waited about 36 hours before you deemed lack of proof as being concrete evidence. So I am sure you will totally agree with this...in 36 hours if nobody can present actual PROOF that LeRoux was lying then it's fact she told the truth.

17. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    No, I said if there was proof it would be concrete evidence. There's quite a difference.

18. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Changing your tune again. Here is a direct quote from what you last said:

The fun has only started. Wait until they do it again next year.

The thing is, I don't believe you would accept any evidence from a player or fan. You have already rejected Leroux and Wilkinson, and I'm sure you have seen multiple tweets from Canadian fans. There were whole articles about what they wrote after, including bigotry and admissions.

So I'm going to hold you to your promise that admission from "a fan" — " anyone" would shut you up anyway. it is what you said.

[​IMG]
    Love the adoring hash tag. It's enough for anybody to shush you. I picked it because it is one of the few I found that is MOSTLY devoid of profanity or N and C words. Maybe we should go through the others off list. Just don't let my wife know I read that crap.

There is a statement from a fan that I'd call concrete evidence. I don't follow him, and i don't think I can stomach going through the tweets of another Canadian cretin in one night, so I'll just let it stand on its "own merits". Apparently his mother was also out of lye soap.

It admits to racist and hatred chants even if you didnt hear them and added she deserved them, then adding it was the crest thing that set them off ( want a picture of Wilkinson kissing hers?)

Case closed. Open and shut. The voyageurs are all bigots. So says the fan. He even admits to being one of jerks you are seeking.

Beyond that, he admits they (you?) were ALL jerks.

Next year when they do it the whole world will see it on TV. Knowing reporters, they will love the bigot angle.
    The kerfluffle about Turf will seem really quaint.

I can see the headline now in the London tabloids

Get your act together before then. Then tell the cretins about the concept of no tolerance.

Get ready, You won't get a free pass next time. Reporters love this crap...they mostly don't know sports. They probably have their copy ready with blanks to fill in specifics.

Otherwise the fun for Canada has just begun. Just how do you imagine Canada will get through this? Magical thinking?

19. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Just curious, is "changing your tune" your signature line? Whenever you ad hominem something you usually lead with it.

Neither Rhian Wilkinson nor the tweet above is someone saying they heard racist abuse in the stadium. That you see those as concrete evidence, or even evidence, is pretty informative.

20. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Your time is ticking away, only about 25 hours left until the hypocrisy mark hits.

Well, that's not to infer you are not being a hypocrite with each post you make. Canadians are holding LeRoux to the LETTER of what she said...She said chants and I heard no chants so it didn't happen. However soooo many Canadians are getting upset when being held to the LETTER of what they said. "She said Toronto", "We'd never stand for it".

Not all of our fans are showing such lack of class, and I hope fans from the US and elsewhere realize that. Do you honestly think a valid defense of her claim of racist chants, abuse, taunts and comments about her family can be defended with the claim they you haven't heard any "chants" so it couldn't have happened? There is a poster here who is also a much read Blogger on Canadian soccer who took to her Twitter account to call her a liar. Do you know how stupid that comment looks surrounded in the sea of racist Tweets and hate Tweets?? Can you claim the moral high ground over someone while nitpicking how your fellows are racially abusing them?

I could not, in good conscience, assume it is impossible for her claims to be true when seeing the amount of racist comments directed at her by other Canadians. All it takes is a few people chanting something during a warmup session in her earshot to make the impossible a reality. And by the way she has been treated I'd not say that is out of the question.

She's not proved her words, you've not proved yours...but somehow you are okay with that.

21. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    I don't assume it's impossible either and never have. That's actually why I'm looking for someone to describe what happened.

A few people chanting in a warmup session isn't something that a hundred if not a thousand fans, and most of the players on the field and staff hear.

22. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

But it doesn't matter!! Do you really thing hundreds of racist Tweets are going to be any different than chanting at the stadium?? Can you say she has justified popping the US badge if it were an actual chant, but not if it was hundreds of Canadian fans continuously abusing her on Twitter? Seriously, *think*. Because if the fine line is Tweet/Chant, then the fine line can be Before/After her comment as well. There were tons of upset Canadians before she ever said anything. Fans chanted "C*nt*" and "B*tch" at her and then melted down when she popped the badge back at them. And that was the actions of our "Official" supporters group...

The "Chant" defense is the true red herring, when you stop and think about it.

23. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    There's lots of topics to discuss about what was communicated and in what medium, including tweets and other atrocities. I'd mention again that's not what I'm looking for, but after a half-dozen times it's pointless.

Your answer to the question of if there's any known reference to anyone hearing something racist in the stands is - a few jerks tweeted something so it happened in the stadium, even if no one else heard it. Which of course isn't even an answer to the question but whatever. It's a big world, we're all welcome to draw our own conclusions.

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  24. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You are on a message board thread telling people you don't care about 75% of the topic under discussion. But it seems like you strip away the parts that are bad and only want to argue the grey areas...and then only with your opinion. You gave roughly 36 hours for "proof" of the chanting and then made the comment that you are going with the idea it didn't happen. Well, the same amount of time has almost passed after the call for "proof" Sydney lied. And I am willing to bet you are going to take a different stance...

With the newest batch of lies you are barely worth replying to at this point. Time is ticking down though...

25. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Meanwhile, Carina Leblanc, a CNT player born in Atlanta, gets serenaded with a rendition of 'Oh Canada' by the Riveters after a game in which she stopped a PK for the Thorns...