Pre/PBP/Post: DC United v. Houston Dynamo , Wednesday, May 8

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, May 6, 2013.

?

Result?

Poll closed May 8, 2013.
  1. Dynamo win

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Dynamo tie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dynamo lose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Rest? Plenty of time to rest when we're dead!

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. DavidLikesToWin

Apr 30, 2012
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Now I know most of us probably don;t like Ben Olsen just because he happens to be the coach of the opposing team, but man you gotta love his frankness.

1. Did anybody else see his sideline interview right before the second half kickoff when he was asked what he said to his team in the locker room, and he just stared into space looking completely over the whole thing (especially the first half)??? That was hilarious, I actually laughed out loud. The reporter was like, uhhh is he going to say something...hahaha.

2. And then after the game, the article title says it all on MLSSoccer.com. "Is my job on the line? It better be." Haha what a great personality he is.

Just thought it was funny. Especially the halftime interview.

2. DavidLikesToWin

Apr 30, 2012
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    DC United hates Will Bruin. In my head I picture them holding a pre-match locker room ritual involving fire, chants and dancing, and a bear voodoo doll. I think it's safe to say the recipe for the cursing stew needs to be modified.

3. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    1. You guys need to chill it with this Ashe/Sarkodie to the national team non-sense. Would prefer our guys not get called up for stoopid Gold Cup.

2. Driver is such a perfect fit for this team. He makes good solid intelligent runs all the time. OBG and Davis have one more outlet that they didn't have without Driver. It just opens up the field perfectly for everyone else. Sign him permanently now please.

3. That double save by Sarkodie was unbelievable.

4. You have to start OBG, Driver, Davis together. That means Clark to d-mid and Moffatt off the bench IMHO if everyone is healthy.

5. Are we going to have a bench v. SKC?

6. We smash SKC on Sunday and IMHO, we go from being a contender to the front-runner for the shield.

7. I would take Hall everyday for USMNT over Hamid and Johnson. He won't make a mistake that will cost you. You don't get the same level of comfort with Hamid and Johnson. Does Hall struggle with distribution? Yes. No doubt about that. But, I think Hall is the better choice every day of the week. By the way, Jurgen --- please ignore this opinion and call in Johnson and Hamid for USMNT this summer. K Thanx.

8. I can't comprehend what has happened to DC in the off-season. I am beginning to think Kevin Payne is a witch.

9. Bruin's two assists may be more impressive to me than his goals. He had chances for a hat trick, but instead dumps off perfect passes for teammates to walk into goal. Very unselfish of him as he could have finished both for four goals.

Was going to try to come up with another point for 10 points, but I guess I will just have to settle for 9 points this week.

ChrizG13, DonJuego, Grimmjow316 and 5 others repped this.
  4. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe he already has. What the terms are is anyone's guess and we'll find out in August/September when MLSPU releases an updated salary list.

SOTW again for Kofi. Just great stuff from the kid.

How you play them is an even more fun mind puzzle, especially when you add a healthy Omar to the mix.

Best to answer that in the KC thread but....yes.

DC fans can't understand either. I kinda feel bad for them...and not just because of what happened yesterday.

Agreed. Signs of maturity from him are great. He's learning that it isn't about how many goals he scores, but how many the team scores. Huge difference and I hope he continues along that vein. I'm thinking Ching may have rubbed off on him in that aspect as Brian has what...two dozen assists at least for the team.

JC507 repped this.
  5. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Moffat started very poorly, but after about the 30' mark he had a good game. He was very busy breaking up plays and was connecting passes.

7seven7 repped this.
  6. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bingo!

JC507 repped this.
  7. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    another thing.......

that back header pass from Ching was absolutely amazing. a thing of beauty rarely seen.

very well done chingy, very well done...

8. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Totally agree. It is absolutely impressive to me that Moffat is getting squeezed out of the starting lineup. Not because of anything he has done, but solely because other options are playing that much better.

JC507 and *rey* repped this.
  9. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    10. The Ref Sucked (no, he wasn't really terrible, but hey! It's MLS! They all suck, all the time!)

10. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dynamo 2013 is an exciting team to watch. This team is worth paying money to see.

Driver, Barnes, Bruin, Davis and of course Boniek, those guys are bringing the brilliant and aggressive attacks that we didn't have before.

This team can make people believe that futbol/soccer/football is a beautiful game.

Love you Dynamo!

11. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    There seemed to be a phantom foul called right on the edge of the area. It was called on Ching. It was a pretty dangerous place for a free kick. Did anyone get a good look at this "foul"? It looked like an obvious dive on the TV.

12. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I don't think he dove, he just slipped as he was kicking the ball and the ref assumed he was fouled.

JC507 repped this.
  13. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    I also don't think he dove. It was a wet field and he slipped. After the call he looked kind of sheepish. The "foul" was a bad call and the yellow was completely unwarranted.

14. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    I think you missed the joke about 9 points this week.

JC507 repped this.
  15. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can you compare being an astros fan and being a DC fan? Is that how it feels to be a DC fan?

Crap on the field and from the FO

17. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Barnes helps drive our offense, but what's up with him? He seems fragile. Almost every game he ends up spending an extended amount of time on the ground or having a trainer come to him. Is he nursing something? He didn't appear to be limping when he came off in the first half last night. Last season he was a shadow of what he's shown this season, I really hope he can stay healthy!

18. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully he just needs a rest. This travel and schedule can be a real handful for the unprepared. Maybe he'll sit out on Sunday as a precaution?

19. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think that he's just being careful. He was going places and then was injured badly, and is trying to come back from that. We are lucky to have him.

20. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    We have the luxury of a deep bench and can afford to be cautious at the first sign of problems. Life is good, man :)

JC507 repped this.
  21. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    fyp.

Levy2k6 repped this.
  22. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very solid game from all aspects.

It's always tough to watch your favorite MLS player of all time and of course one time el naranja footballer react to NOT SCORING on our Houston guys after two goal line clearances.

Beavis Stiffler repped this.
  23. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    I rather enjoyed it.

Heft repped this.
  24. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer Insider blog (Washington Post) has a good rundown today of DC's problems. One is that an older DeRo . . . . Isn't worth his salary. That isn't said exactly but the danger in giving into DeRo's salary demands at his age have shown up. DC was the foolish team for being the only one that signed him to the contract he wanted. He's not 2006 DeRo anymore