(Pre-Match) Trinidad & Tobago vs El Salvador 8/12/09

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by aguimarães, Jun 7, 2009.

1. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Escobar is average, I'm not adding Alvarez and Romero cuz you guys know them specially Romero.

2. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    We have a couple new guys that you'll get aquated with later too (obviously not Jloyd and Zamora) look out for our new number 10 number 13 and number 8.

3. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    what time is this match? miami time.

4. Fuera del Area

Jun 27, 2007
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    7:30 PM

Miami and T&T are currently in the same time zone.

5. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Whose more in need for a win lads, is it the Trinis or Salvador.??
    Is this a match where we can say, you loose you're out!

6. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

7. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I would say T&T needs it more, but I think ES wants it more.

8. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    We (T&T) need it more, but I don't see either team getting points away from the big 3. El Salvador still have to play both the us and mexico away, we have costa rica.

Mathematically, a loss doesn't eliminate them but, after tonight's game is played, they're looking at a maximum of 6 points, we're looking at 9.

I'm sure whoever finished fourth is going to have more than 11 points...
    so make of it what you will.

9. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

I think both teams need it to stay in contention. Obviously in TNT case, the warriors need to put full points on the board as it is a home game. EL SAL have 2 tough games coming up so they are also desperate for points in this one.

10. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Too bad Jamaica n Guate aint in the bowl Warlord, hopefully next one. Good luck to the Trinis bro. :cool:

11. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

12. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    Of course it is. The proof is that we have domestic players on our team that make it in front of established overseas professionals. Avery John (DC United), Colin Samuel of St. Johnstone (SPL), Darryl Roberts (Denizlispor), Khaleem Hyland (Zulte Waregem) were all not called up for this game, while we have local based players like Hadyn Tinto, Keon Daniel, Aklie Edwards, Trent Noel and Kerry Baptiste on the team.

One of them (Noel) was our local league MVP last season - Tinto scored in the Azteca, and Daniel has scored a bunch of goals in the semifinal rounds. I expect big things from them in the future.

However it is simply disingenuous to claim that El Salvador have a team of undiscovered world class players hiding in their domestic league or that these players are better than proven professionals.

It doesn't discount the fact that they may play better as a team than many other sides (familiarity with each other definitely helps), but there's a reason why Norway's best players play outside of Norway, Sweden's best outside of Sweden, etc etc.

Warlord assumes that we're a better side because we have more players who have PROVEN they can handle top level competition, not because of their intrinsic geographic location. This may ultimately prove to be a false assumption, but its not aa unrealistic one to make as you make it seem.

Its very unlikely to happen and you know it. Cream rises to the top.
    If it does, it says something about the quality of your/our league or his mental fortitude as a professional.
    And you act as if these players are judged uniquely on their club performances. He didn't make much of an impact on Caribbean, let alone concacaf level either...
    Outside of this hex - which still isn't finished by the way, can you tell me what some of the achievements of your domestically based players have been on the international level? (Edit: I'm not being condescending)

see above. No one said BAD. We're talking on a relative level. You're being horribly naive about this.
    We're very aware of the weaknesses of our national leagues. Maybe Salvadoreans are very aware of the strengths of theirs. We'll leave it at that

I'll take proven talent over "talent" anyday. talent is a dime a dozen where we come from.

There are obviously certain exceptions.
    But this is 2009. If you have the next Zidane waiting in one of your clubs at home, someone would know about it by now.
    As i said, if its not the players fault, get better agents.
    If they PREFER to play in a "low level, low paying" league then that's neither here nor there. Its their life, their choice.

About Warlord, I don't need to waste time speaking about patent idiocy. I don't know how that constitutes "backing him up".

13. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    oh gadd
    hahaha this win

14. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

15. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Both squads will have the chance next cycle. I wouldve much rather seeing Guate in tha hex than El Salvador. Not jus because yall are the better team but I think the rivalry between tha chapines and tha warriors is far more exciting!:cool:

16. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yall be leaking goals from start and that wont change tonight.

17. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Anybody got a link where I can watch this game on line or on TV (not PayPerView)?

18. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    damn.. I think i hear an echo in here!:p

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    wow Cornell Glen makes La Selecta pay. mmmm great goal.

21. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

22. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
  23. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    1-0 cornell glennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:d

24. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Arrggghhh! My feed just crashed. Anyone have a working one?

25. Neuwerld

Neuwerld Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yeah, I noticed that three feeds were working but two crashed about 10 minutes ago. This is the only one I found that works:

http://www.justin.tv/selectaonline