Pre/In/Post Game: Tampa Bay Rowdies vs FC Edmonton 5/4/13

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Rowdies' started by WhiteStar Warriors, May 1, 2013.

1. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

Date: Sat May 4 2013
    Time: 7:30 PM

2. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We desperately need a home win this Saturday! COYR!

3. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on Rowdies fans,let's draw another good crowd for this saturday's game.

4. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love a win on Saturday. Not only because we haven't won yet at home. We have some significant injury issues right now and after scratching out a huge away win last Saturday, it would sweet to pull in three more points while our guys get healthy.

No wins come easy in this league though, and I'm sure Edmonton will leave it all out on the field.

5. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    White at home, please. White at home.

Also, didn't Edmonton have a shirt sponsor last year?

FNovoa repped this.
  7. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, another draw and another missed opportunity. We had all the possession in the world and couldn't find a 2nd goal which nearly led Edmonton to stealing this.

The Edmonton players collapsed from exhaustion after the final whistle, you could easily see that they've played a ton lately. They also defended mightily against us to preserve a tie. Kudos to them, but the Rowdies have to start winning these games.

At least the other team games ended in a draw, so nothing's changed in the table.

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-1 in front of 3400 is about where things are, innit?

9. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't wait for Carl Cort to be 100% healthy. He came in as a late sub in the 62nd minute and looked dangerous.

speedcake repped this.
  11. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. the Rowdies ownership and front office have stepped up their game in alot of ways this season, but its looking more and more like something more drastic has to change.

Unless of course we are all expected to be excited with only out drawing Edmonton in the NASL.

12. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cort was very dangerous and nearly scored a winner. Very glad to see him back on the field.

13. cruzazulsdad

cruzazulsdad Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't wait for Carl Cort to be 100% healthy. He came in as a late sub in the 62nd minute and looked dangerous.[/quote]

I can't wait for Ambresley to get back....at least he put the ball in back of the net

14. FNovoa

FNovoa Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Redington Shores, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    I can't wait for Ambresley to get back....at least he put the ball in back of the net[/quote]

Amen on that Cort looked dangerous at times but I wasn't to thrilled with him when he came in.

We have got to find a way to win a home. I can't believe we haven't won at home yet, especially to a team that looked and played exhausted. Here's to a needed 2 week break.

15. FNovoa

FNovoa Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Redington Shores, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    I feel that Evans should come on as a sub and not start. He was getting too fancy, and I've even seen it a couple of times when Luke jabbed at him for making a terrible pass. I think Evans will be better against tired legs as a sub. Same goes for walker.

And Shane. Oh Shane. Is he a holding midfielder? These one touch passes are killing me. To me, he brings nothing to our attack. I know key cogs are hurt, but he's like this when everyone is healthy. When will this experiment end?

We def. miss Yamada and Ambersley out there. But on a more positive note we are lucky everyone tied and there's a 3 way tie for first. We need more wins. Plain and simple.

COYR

WhiteStar Warriors repped this.
  16. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its more frustrating when you think about the fact that we should have easily won the home opener and never should have lost a game up 3-1 at halftime at home. That's five points just given away. Edmonton fought and scrapped hard for their draw and they earned it.

If the Rowdies can get healthy, I think we'll be fine. We are still tied for first despite the less than stellar results and the injury crisis.

FNovoa and WhiteStar Warriors repped this.
  17. FNovoa

FNovoa Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Redington Shores, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Amen brother. I really hope those said 5 potential points we gave away don't bite us in the ass come july.

I give props to the eddies, but I feel we could have won that game. Same can be said about ATL as well.

18. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even though we drew FC Edmonton last night,I still had a great time at the game.

Ralphs Mob sounded great last night! That new bass drum BOOMS!

FNovoa, speedcake and Bluesfan repped this.