Pre/In/Post-game: Tampa Bay Rowdies @ FC Edmonton 7/15 4:00pm EST

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Rowdies' started by XaviusX, Jul 14, 2012.

1. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    VS.

[​IMG]

Date: Sunday July 15, 2012
    Time: 4:00 PM EST

BTW, Ralph's Mob is hosting a Watch Party for this Match at WHISKEY JOE'S in Tampa. EVERYONE'S INVITED!!!: http://www.facebook.com/events/460819340609986/

2. fr(T)ank

fr(T)ank New Member

May 17, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Hey Bluesfan... still think Ambersly isn't producing enough to play every minute of every game. The guy has 2 and 3 guys all over him every game and he still produces. just remember, he has something like 64 points in 68 games over the past 3 seasons. How many players in the NASL have done that in that time frame? Make yourself useful and look it up.

3. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice win to keep our momentum going. We've now won 5 of our last 6 games and have overcome some adversity to manage that record. Sucks we'll be without Yoshi for the big game against the Islanders this coming Saturday. Shit red card, but we'll manage.

The table is really tightening up lately and any of the top six teams could be considered a threat right now.

4. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We definitely dominated FCE for the majority of this match, even while being down to 10 men. Attinela showed why he's the best GK in this league! Tremendous saves! :thumbsup:

5. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I am well aware of his historical production. In my humble opinion he and Yoshitake are not the best combination up top. Both are smaller guys and the NASL is a physical league. Unless there is a fitness issue (and I have never heard of one) with Antoniuk I am mystified why he doesn't play more. The first part of the season was at times very frustrating to watch. Yoshitake has found his groove and Ambersley to his credit has made some subtle changes to his game to improve as well. Our forwards look and feel more dangerous. We are getting goals from midfield as well which helps. Antoniuk has five goals and Ambersley has four this season, but the difference is that Ambersley has played three times as many minutes. I would like to see Antoniuk playing forty-five minutes a game instead of twenty or thirty.

Stellar win yesterday. Once again, big change from early in the season where we found ways to lose or draw in the final moments. Great effort on the road, a man down against a team we should take three points from. Looking forward to our shot at the top on Saturday.

6. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with alot of that. Ambersley has picked up his game lately, though. Also I wonder if Antoniuk just isn't a big minutes guy due to his age?

But then, he looks fine when he does play so who knows.