Pre/In/Post Game: San Antonio Scorpions vs Tampa Bay Rowdies 04/13/2013

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Rowdies' started by WhiteStar Warriors, Apr 9, 2013.

1. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...in Tampa. :)

speedcake repped this.
  2. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game and a great atmosphere. There were problems with the stadium (restrooms, seating, sorting stuff out). Things that you would expect with the opening of a new stadium. As Toyota Field matures, it will be the star of the NASL stadiums.

Rowdies looked good. Great defense and wonderful oportunistic attacking. Strong goal keeping at the end kept the shut out. Met Fontine's uncles at the game. They had flown in to see the match. There were probably 20 to 25 of the 8,000 cheering for Tampa. I can honestly say the SA fans knew we were there. :)

FNovoa, XaviusX and speedcake repped this.
  7. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Got to give it to your team. They played good. Tampa looks like they are ready to defend their championship. I just wish they would have played like that against Orlando.

San Antonio, well I'm just hoping that the team just needs to gel. We will see if that is the case.

8. Scorpions Unofficial Army

Mar 14, 2013
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one came to see me. I saw your two guys taking pictures together, but they didn't come see me for the free beer :-(. I really did want to buy a Rowdie supporter a beer :)

9. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We did play that way against Orlando, but only for one half. The second half of the return leg at Al Lang was dominating for the Rowdies, we just failed to make good on our possession and scoring chances. Coach Hill treated those derby games as he should of, as preseason warm ups. We have yet to see the same starting 11 twice in a row, we still don't have some of our best players available and it was always going to be tough under those circumstances against Orlando.

I hope we meet them in the Open Cup, especially if we keep improving at this rate. The losses to them hurt, but they were preseason. An Open Cup game, with something a bit more tangible on the line, would be an excellent time to find out just who is tops in this state.

10. Michael_D

Michael_D Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Hey guys, Dynamo supporter here with a question: I've tried reading on your site about any updates regarding Alex Dixon, an attacking mid that we loaned you for a month...why didn't he travel with the team to the SAS match? And are there any updates on his progress, if any? We had high hopes for him here, but simply got lost in the midfield depth chart here but hoped a loan spell would keep him competing.

11. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scorpion fan. Don't worry. I'll be back in August and will need that beer to stave off the heat. :)

I am not sure about Dixson. I know he arrvied just before our first regular season game and if I remember got some playing time in the home opener. I think he is still working his way into the system. From what I have seen, the Rowdies try to keep the travel team to a minimum. More than likely Ricky felt this was not a game for him. Unless he is hurt, he should be back on the bench for Atlanta.

12. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd expect that Dixon will get some playing time vs. Atlanta this Saturday depending on how the match goes for us.

13. Scorpions Unofficial Army

Mar 14, 2013
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds good :)