Pre/In/Post Game Discussion: Strikers @ Rowdies

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Rowdies' started by Bluesfan, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Last match of the spring season. Last chance to get a win at home before the break. Our crappy home record sabotaged our hopes of hosting the Soccer Bowl. The good news is if we are going to finally get a win, there is no one better to play than the Strikers. Not only are they in last place, but no matter how you measure it we dominate Ft Lauderdale. We have a 71 percent all-time winning percentage against them. We have won 7 of the last 8 matches. The Strikers have never won or tied in St. Petersburg.

Should be a good crowd on hand to witness the annual Independence Day beat down.:D

2. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  3. Duke Kickass

Duke Kickass Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Pinellas County, FLA
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Nothing like the hapless Strikers to help us bust our poor form at home. Restrepo had a very good game with lots of saves. He earned the clean sheet. The offense looked, dare I say, dangerous? It looked like the boys had a fire lit under them tonight, sometimes they just don't seem to have that killer instinct. Nice to send the fans home happy tonight.

The only downer was that pitch condition was horrible.

5. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ambersley getting his groove back is huge for us. Savage had a good game as well. The pieces are coming together for us to threaten for the Fall championship, but we've got to win more of these home games.

Awesome night, great crowd and an absolute demolition of our rivals? Yes please and thank you!

6. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally a home win(besides the US Open Cup win)this spring season. Great job by the Rowdies last night.
    Especially by Keith Savage! Maybe his two goals last night will give him a little more confidence to take some shots on goal instead of looking to pass the ball.

Attendance wasn't bad,5K plus. I was hoping for around 6K.

Bring on the Cosmos!

7. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We were all hoping for attendance to be over 6K, but 5K plus ain't too shabby considering how bad the weather was that afternoon. :thumbsup:

8. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree 5K isn't bad. It seems to me that we have been drawing better this season. I haven't really looked at the numbers that much,I'm just going on perception.

9. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are averaging around 900 more per game than in previous seasons at Al Lang.

10. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn! That's pretty good.