Pre-game Match 23: England vs Algeria, June 18

Discussion in 'GROUP C: England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia' started by bungadiri, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zakil25

zakil25 New Member

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    Hopefully yes, and I hope the coach Saadan will realize that playing with the two strikers (Ghazzel & Djabbour) isn't good for the team, I expect him to let the chance to the new talented guy Boudebouz he is realy capable to give some things to our weakent line.

ps: Japan is taking the advantege on England 1-0, and they're dominating them, seems that england isn't that team we should be scared of, just play our usual fooball and we can get at least a draw.

2. KaMeL_23

KaMeL_23 New Member

May 31, 2010
    ALGERIA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    Peace be upon you
    hi I am algerian and i think that the England team will be the first finisher from Group C but algeria Would do Amazing thing because team of algeria is the team of Challenge and Difficult situations
    we have a players that play with heart and for algeria (ask germany 1982)
    and Remember my words, well
    Good luck to Algeria

3. FatAndUgly

FatAndUgly New Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Huntington Beeyatch
    Someone posted on another thread that Wayne Rooney's annual salary was more then the entire 23-man US roster combined. That sounds crazy. Does anyone know if this is true?

4. wiredjoker

wiredjoker New Member

May 30, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    If we can get a goal or 2 early on I think they will crumble, especially if they come into it having lost their 1st game.
    I think this will be a great game for Rooneys golden boot aspirations if he can bag a few easy goals or at least get out of the blocks if he didnt score in the USA game.
    If England are the serious contenders I hope and think they are im looking for 2 - 0 minimum here
    lets go 4 -0 maybe 4 -1

5. jcsd

jcsd Member+

Jan 27, 2006
    Dempsey's on £40K p/w, Howard I think is on abot £30K p/w. Onyewu is on about £20K p/w, Donovan's has recnetly risen to about £20K p/w. These are probably the highest paid US players.

Wayne Rooney's current salry is £90K p/w, but likely to rise to £120K or even as high as £170K p/w after the World Cup.

So the answer is no, Wayne Rooney does not earn more than the entire US squad, he earns about as much the combined salary of the top 3 US players.

Maybe when he signs his new contratc and you include the money he gets from sponsorship deals he might earn an amount comaprable to the US squad.

6. FatAndUgly

FatAndUgly New Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Huntington Beeyatch
    Thanks for this. I thought it sounded crazy.

7. KarimZiani15

KarimZiani15 New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    You also forgot 3-2 win in the African Cup of nations over Ivory Coast.. The thing with this Algerian team is that they are EXTREMELY inconsistent. In the beginning of Qualifiers they we're losing to Senegal and Gambia. They then move on to beat Egypt, zambia and Rwanda. Another exemple is the Africans Cup. they lost 3-0 in the first round against MALAYSIA.. they then moved on to beat Ivory Coast a week later..

EDIT :My bad didnt see the date of post

8. Nordino

Nordino Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Haugesund, Norway
    I guess you meant Malawi, KarimZiani :)

A little bit off topic, but... I will be in New York during the World Cup, and since I cant register on dzfoot.com I ask here: Is there any Algerians on this forum planning to see the match in a cafe/bar or something? I really dont want to sit in a hotel room by myself to watch the Algeria matches.

9. Algerian boy 2010

Algerian boy 2010 New Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nordino
    of course there will be cafe/bar to watch the match together
    good luck

10. Nordino

Nordino Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Haugesund, Norway
    But where? I just came to Manhattan and this lousy hotel doesnt even have ESPN. I am desperate :(

11. DesertFox

DesertFox New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Bayonne, NJ
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    If you can go to astoria in queens, there is this coffee shop call Blue Sea. The place is filled with algerians and two large screens. It's a great atmosphere, I went their when Algeria played Egypt in Sudan.

12. BigHen9

BigHen9 Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who becomes Englands goalie if Capello pulls Green? Hart?

13. ajaxpsv

ajaxpsv New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    L.A.
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If Green plays for England, and Chaouchi plays for Algeria then both teams will at goalkeeper, be equal. Both had howlers in the first games.:rolleyes:
    England seems to be the better team and should win.

14. Terry Gyimah

Terry Gyimah New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    England I think will rebound from that shocker of a game vs. USA, and will get right back on track beating Algeria 3-1, since Rooney and Cole are coming back and will be fit

15. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    England did NOT have a shocker. They played well, Green had a shocker. Don't act like they played so awful as a team, give the U.S. some credit.

16. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    we did play awful and still were the better side

don't act like u watched all our qualifying games, croatia got carved up twice and are better than usa

17. Sothis

Sothis Member

Liverpool
    England
    Mar 18, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Had England been at their best against the US, then we would have taken three points- in fact, had it not been for Carson's error, we probably would have taken three points- but I am not at all certain we deserved them. I watched some of Germany's win over the Aussies the other day and I envied how the Germans can move the ball about so easily, feet-to-feet and feet-to-space. All we seemed able to do against the Americans was hoof and hope. Even North Korea today looked more comfortable on the ball than we do.

We simply have to raise our game on Friday. We know we can play much better, and it's time to prove it. It's been far too long since England delivered a good performance at a World Cup, let alone show we deserve to win the tournament. We all know what Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard etc can do, so lets hope that Capello demands it of them.

18. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    carsons shit mate, i agree

but it was green in goal lol

19. SoccerKowboy

SoccerKowboy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes: And of course they would have looked awful if there was no one else on the field. Or if they were playing third-graders.

The problem with England is they're not on form as a team, and they need Gareth Barry in there to help balance their midfield.

Of course England is talented, but not as talented as most Englishmen think they are. And of course the US is less talented, but the gap is certainly not as large as most Englishmen think it is.

20. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rather! Where did these mongrels get the idea they can play at our level??
    [​IMG]

THIS, is why you fail. You are not invincible when you play your best. You have a sizable advantage. There is still the element of luck and... oh yes, the other team to consider. Have all these years of expecting the trophy taught you nothing?

21. jcsd

jcsd Member+

Jan 27, 2006
    We did play badly, I think thqat game is probably the nadir of Capello's tenure, I've seen us play better and lose, for example I think we were better when we lost to Ukraine in qualifying.

The USA do deserve credit as they put themselves in psotion to take advanatage and whilst I think it was a good performance by USA standards I've seen them play better. It was not a gae where everything clicked for them like it did against Spain in the Confed Cup.

22. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    im comman as **** and have a brummie accent

your post is innefective

23. aquablue

aquablue Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Will Algeria bunker in this game?:eek:

24. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're only an elitist in football, then?

Look, if you limit the opposition to two shots on goal, you're still going to have days when they convert those two, and it would have to be a real minnow to be guaranteed three in response.

If your definition of "playing their best" means that the other side doesn't get a singe shot on goal, I don't think I've ever seen them "play their best." :rolleyes: This is England we were talking about, right?

25. Grandprunier

Grandprunier New Member

May 12, 2010
    France
    Of course they will, but England should pay attention to their counter-attacks.

I'm betting on a draw here.