Pre/During/Post Cagliari vs. Juventus

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by tim10, Aug 27, 2007.

1. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    Camo set up all three didn't he?

He headed the ball (and got taken out) then Trez scored.
    For the second he chased the ball, put it over the keeper then Del Piero tapped it in.
    Then for the last goal, he took the free-kick.

2. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    So much to say today, so without further ado . . .

As others have noted ZEBINA AND LEGROTTAGLIE ARE ABSOLUTE JOKES OF FOOTBALLERS!!! When the f*ck will management and Ranieri step up and see that they do not merit a place on this squad, not even on the bench. It's ridiculous already. And then, that piece of $hit Zebina has the nerve to attack that guy on the sidelines!? Are you kidding me. I want the FIGC to hit this guy with a massive fine and ban, so we don't have to wat on the idiots in management who still want this guy to do the same. Send that garbage back to France or Serie C1 where he belongs.

Now, the praise today must go to Chiellini and Buffon. Now, neither had the best games of their lives; however, they show "grinta" and determination like no other. What a ballsy performance. In fact, that scene at the end where Buffon went tocheer on our traveling support was classic! Buffon is incredible in every fashion. Chiellini is also showing shades of the same wonderful character. It is unfathomable that these idiots were thinking of selling Chiellini.

It was also nice to see Camo get back on the pitch and play the way he did. He really gave the team a boost setting up those goals.

That said, I thought the rest of the MF was very poor today. I'm still not seeing very much from Almiron. We'll give him a little while before we start to question that acquisition though. Also, there is no reason why Nocerino is not already starting in the place of Zanetti, who was rubbish all day.

In attack, rezeguet keeps showing that he is worth his weight in goal. Juve would have been stupid to sell him because there are few, if any, better goal poachers in the world than he. As for ADP, while I didn;t think he was at his best on the day, he still leant a huge hand, contributing on both our second and third goals. Good job by il capitano to help out despite hving an off game.

With respect to the play, I thought we were very poor today. Ranieri gets a big, fat zero for his tactics and substitutions today. We can attribute this victory to the heart and determination of this side, which is second to none. However, tactically, things must change. I'm just not sure that Ranieri is the right guy for the job.

In the end, we are on six points, on top of the league. All is right with the world.

3. magik9113

magik9113 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Conn.
    If you don't mind some repetition...Zebina and Legrottaglie are awful. Boumsong is worse. We could really use some depth on defense and I agree that with Cammo back Salihamidzic should just play on the right back. I'm still not impressed with Zanetti.
    Camoranesi and Chiellini are AWESOME

4. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Zanetti has been very good actually. (Have yet to see today's match, though)

Your Sal idea is very interesting :)

5. acolombi

acolombi Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Edmonton
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As I have said since we got him Zabina is shit, I must echo gumbacicc's statements about hitting him with a fine and suspension. We should have no room on our squad for such a classless individual, if his card was not bad enough slapping the cameraman (?) on the sidelines just proves that he is not worthy of us or our support, sell him to whoever will take him we should pay someone to take him if we have too.

6. JumpinJackFlash

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    Perhaps the cameraman insulted Zebina? Yeah he is a rubbish footballer, but it would be odd for him to backhand the guy for no reason.

7. discipleofgonzo

discipleofgonzo New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Seeing what Napoli did to Udinese today gives an idea to the kind of form Cagliari are currently experiencing. Sometimes these smaller teams, get a purple patch where all systems are Go, the team is giving more in total than the sum of it's parts. In fact, it is vital for the lesser outfits, of which Cagliari is surely one, gets these purple patches of form if they are to survive and/or prosper in the top flight. Obviously, they are firing on all cylinders right now and would have won this game were it not for some woeful finishing and the class and magick of Santo Buffon.

Despite this Super Cagliari, we were very poor. Ranieri cannot be happy with the performances of most of the team. Other than Buffon, Andrade, Chiellini and Camo, the rest of the Juve players seemed to be lacking guile and spirit.

Criscito needs time to form a solid partnership with Andrade, but they could be rocks for us at the back. Chiellini continues to impress me more with every minute he is on the field and his never say die attitude reminds me of the endeavour and will to win of Vialli and Ravanelli. Every team needs a huge youngster, capable of making important challenges and fighting tooth and claw for every ball, in their ranks... The right back position must be sorted out soon and as everyone who has commented in this thread has stated, Zebina must be shot. He got caught out of position too many times and his reaction to being sent off was appalling.

Our midfield play, prior to the arrival of Camo, was painfully laboured and predictable. Almiron may well prove to be useful in the long run, but if he is to play alongside the workhorse Zanetti then the forwards and wingers will continue to be starved of decent service from the middle of the park. Maybe Ranieri wanted to give Tiago some time out there but with the vicious, tense nature of the game, he opted to keep Tough in midfield and stick with the dogs of war...Nedved was redundant for most of the game, not sure if he was just showing his age or was well marked by more spritely legs. Sali on the right side was useless, and let's hope he can perform better as our right back, because Camo deserves that position on the wing. he showed today that by coming on half fit and having a hand in all three of our goals. He is growing on me as a footballer despite my anger at several of the comments he has made over the last few years. His delivery of the ball is the best we currently have available and I am sure Trezeguet will be hoping more than anyone that the Argie/Italian regains full fitness and his berth on the right flank as soon as possible.

Up front we were lacking energy and movement. Del Piero still has the skill, but he seemed to be several yards of the pace of every other player on the pitch today. Maybe he just needs time to regain match fitness??? Trezegol got his goal yes, but otherwise was a ghost. I can't blame him for that, because as a target man constantly running through the middle he needs the ball put into the right areas and today that just didn't happen, at least not until Camo turned up.

I didn't understand Ranieri's decision to haul off Criscito for Legro...The Camo swap for Sali was required and actually turned the game in our favour. Just a shame that Nocerino didn't arrive on the scene earlier. I would like to see him start alongside Almiron...

Ultimately, however badly we played, we won the game and picked up 3 points away from home against a team who were ALL fired up and gunning for glory. Three games, three victories. can't complain about that kinda start to the season, but neither can we get too carried away.

Man of the Match for me has to be Chiellini. he has technique, passion, and the volatility of a tiger shark.

How good is Grygera???I know he was a stalwart at Ajax for a few years, but when fit will he be the better partner for Andrade??? And can Molinaro play on the left wing, or solely as a left back????

8. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Perhaps, but that is no excuse. Footballers are routinely insulted on the pitch by spectators and others, however, they are rightfully expected to keep their cool and ignore the comments.

The bottom line is that Zebina is absolutely useless. He is a poor footballer who constantly makes poor decisions on and off the pitch. He has no class, and obviously Juve is not the place for him. It's time for the management to step up and do something about this useless bum.

10. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Looks like he is set for a hefty fine and some time on the sidelines

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sep3n.html

11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
  12. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Great to see the Old Lady get the 1st away win, too! Cagliari won 2:0 at San Paolo, so it wasn't an easy game for us. Kudos to the whole team ... and espcially to the late matchwinner Chiellini!

Btw: Where both penalties for the hosts justified (I didn't see the game)?

Buona notte.

PS: Why did Zebina slap the camera man?

13. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    Good to see Juventus starting off well in the league.

Chiellini was always a fantastic talent.

How has Andrade improved? is he finally losing weight and regaining his form and fitness?

cheers!

14. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He looks good so far considering he has had to adjust to Serie A and has had 4 different RB's playing besides him. When partnered with Criscito in center I have seen very few problems so far. They look to be a solid combo.

15. JumpinJackFlash

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    From the two that were actually given, I'd say only one was deserved (the second one, where Zebina pretty much wrestled their player to the floor)... on the first one though, Foggia I think it was just leaned backwards on the defender and fell when he moved.

Buffon's performance stopped Cagliari from getting more out of the game... it was actually quite entertaining despite the refs stupidity; for the most part the game was contested in a decent spirit by both teams, very few bad challenges but the ref managed to sent a player off for each side.

Heres the highlights; http://youtube.com/watch?v=VSYy3rwvGFg

God knows why Rick James Zebina slapped the camera man, but he must have said something offensive cause Zebina had to change direction fully to go back to slap him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bOuD9eY8MLo

16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Probably called him merda francese.

17. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Chiellini was a hero and Camo was a star on Sunday. So far it has been a wise move for Juve to keep Camoranesi.

It was an entertaining match and Cagliari was unlucky not to get more out of it.

As for Zebina playing in Serie D, IMHO, I don't think the guy is worthy of playing in the lowest division in Albania or some other crap nation.

18. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Agree with A.:)

Disagree with B, though. The second Cagliari PK was a complete joke. There was no foul. The match should have ended 3-1 or (assuming that Gigi missed the once he stopped) 3-2. Which it did.:D

If anyone was unlucky, it was Juve ;)

19. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cagliari do deserve a bit of credit for the way they attacked us instead of sitting back. I sardi were quite good to watch. Having said that, if we still had star defenders like Cannavaro and Zambrotta, I doubt that Cagliari would have had those chances to score from the spot (especially if Thuram was still our RB, not Zebina) and the likes of Foggia, Matri, Del Grosso and co wouldn't have been able to run like they did. Buffon would have had an easier day.

20. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @ JumpinJackFlash

Mille grazie.

The first penalty for Cagliari was a joke in my eyes...

For me, it was the first one. The 2nd one was correct, cause pulling at the shirt in the box isn't allowed anymore...

21. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    Everyone disagrees with...."B".........

And now we do not need to worry about it anymore....

I hope you got that.