Pre and Post Match spots in Munich

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by 2011 Fireman, Sep 1, 2011.

1. 2011 Fireman

2011 Fireman Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Clearwater
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am looking for some advice on good spots (i.e. pubs, beer houses, etc.) to visit before and/or after a Bayern Munich match in Munich.

I am in Munich next week from the US and secured tickets to the match versus Freiburg.

Any help / ideas on this is greatly appreciated.

Mods: I searched for other threads like this but could not find any. If there is already one, please advise.

2. fcbc

fcbc New Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well the obvious one is Hofbräuhaus. It's not close to the arena, but you can get there easily by U-bahn (subway). It's very touristy, but I don't think you can go to Munich and NOT go there.

3. 2011 Fireman

2011 Fireman Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Clearwater
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. I have been to Munich several times but the first time I have be able to get to a match.

Was hoping for something a little more local and footballish, if there is such a thing.

4. fcbc

fcbc New Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yeah, can't really help with that. I was only there for 3 days.

Where do you watch matches in Chicago? I'm trying to start a fan club in hopes of establishing a Bayern bar. Right now eveything is EPL dominated.

http://fcb-chicago.co.cc/

5. 2011 Fireman

2011 Fireman Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Clearwater
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks anyways. Actually, I live in Atlanta. Used to live in Chicago and went to Fire match during their first few seasons before I moved. That is why I am a Fire fan.

And, yes, everything in the US is EPL dominated. Really gets quite annoying in my book.

6. Sohn

Sohn New Member

May 6, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There are two good beer garden next to the stadium. On, the Arena Treff, on the station "Kieferngarten", it´s one station before the stadium.
    And on the way, 300-400 meters, from the Arena Treff to the stadium you see the "Tennisheim" on the left side.

There are some good bars in the city, but it´s about 25-30 min. with the subway.

7. 2011 Fireman

2011 Fireman Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Clearwater
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks so much for the information. I will definitely try one (or both) of them pre-match.