practice notes from diceson 08/07

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by CheeseFoodProduct, Aug 9, 2002.

1. CheeseFoodProduct

CheeseFoodProduct New Member

Aug 26, 2001
    Alexandria
    Club:
    DC United
  2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oh well, no Castillo. That would have been a real long shot anyway. I still don't see how an SI can help considering all the red tape BS he would have to thru. Unless they do something right now, we'd be lucky to see him in uniform for the last 3 or 4 games. :confused:

3. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    From the article, Hudson says in the context of wanting to keep Namoff under the DC United umbrella, "And next year there’s going to be a few faces missing from this team in all likelihood."

That is a really juicy tidbit. My money says Alavanja, Lassiter, and/or Curtis are gone. But hopefully Williams and McKinley will not be far behind.

Tim

4. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would expect Chino Alegria to be gone as well (flame away) since he will be an SI.

5. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    FOR THE LAST TIME

CHINO WILL NOT BE A SI NEXT SEASON!!!

Chino was born in 1980, which means his 25th birthday is in 2005. He will be a Transitional International in 2003 and 2004. It means he counts against the roster and the salary cap but not against the SI rule.

6. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK then, Chino stays. Hudson likes him anyway.

But Tim's hit list is a good start. I'd add Ammann to the list, though it's merely academic, it frees up $$$.

7. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Why get rid of Richie. He knows his role and plays it well.

8. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take your word for it.........first I have heard it though. Although the way the rule explination was written by MLS I had an easier time understanding Calculus.

9. DCU

DCU Member

Feb 15, 1999
    Bay Area, CA
    Well, Chino's status depends on his exemption being extended to cover next season as well. He was grandfathered in, but who knows what MLS'll say about next year. When he finally does count against the roster, I imagine he'll be gone quickly. He's just not athletic enough to play in MLS.

10. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    I thought I had heard at one point this season that the Grandfather clause on Chino was to run out at the end of the season and therefore he would be classified as a Senior International starting next season..

I'm pretty sure this was a bona fide league source but I can't find the exact link right now..

If this is indeed the case, don't expect Chino to stick around next season as DCU said, he just isn't physically up to the challenge and is quite a bit slower than I thought he would be..

11. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    I thought Alegria was grandfathered in as a junior international, since that was the title being eliminated. Even if that ended this season, if he's young enough, he could still be a transitional international, counting against the cap and roster, but not the SI limit. I know TI's are still around, as evidenced by the signing of Quintanilla by DC and Semedo by NE under the TI tag.

JMac