Practical vs. Flashy

Discussion in 'Cruz Azul' started by discreetname27, Apr 7, 2007.

1. discreetname27

discreetname27 New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    This season I've noticed a pretty noticeable change in the tactics La Maquina has been employing. Where before there was a free-flowing attacking style, now there is a more utilitarian, get the three points and get out mentality.

Personally, I like the fact that Mizrahi is putting a real emphasis on results, but I kind of miss the more free-flowing style. Maybe this is just a result of Chelito being off his game (because, when Chelito has a cold, Cruz Azul has pneumonia), but I was wondering if you guys noticed this change and what you thought of it?

2. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    yeah, Mizrahi changed the tactics to be more defensive. The way i saw the change was almost like him erecting a defensive wall (remember Perez went for i forget how many games without being scored on) and telling his attackers do what you can. i dont like it but the results are results and we desperately need a title!!!!!!!!!

3. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Mizrahi has transformed this team so much, that is boring to watch and when they win, they win ugly.More defensive minded, they play to not loose, instead of to win, for them a tie is a good result now a day, so it seems. It is reflected in the attendance to the stadium.

Under Mizrahi, the team just does not seem to paly as a team (pardon the redundancy)