PR v. charleston 6-18 and 6-20 (R)

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    should be a good series of games.

pR leads the league in goals scored with 19 but also has let in alot of goals for one of the top teams in the league (16 against).

The Battery has a stingy defense and the offense seems to be coming around.

It will be a tough series of matches esepecially having played quite a few in the last couple weeks.

I think we will see a pretty defensive Charleston looking for the counter over these two matches. It does look like everyone is availible for the games so I expect Armstong and Yoshi to see some minutes.

Not sure if Im going to be able to set up the viewing tonight as my laptop is in being worked on right now. Im supposed to get it back today but should know something by 2 or 3pm. check back here for updates!

I understand the Daniel Island Grille is trying to get it up as well but havent seen a confirmation for tonights match.

2. Erik S

Erik S Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go get em Bats

3. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In all honesty this should be one of the best match series of the season, thus far, and it will really show the rest of us just how good the stuff was u were feeding yer players in Charleston/Carry during the offseason. ;)

Best of luck to both squads and both sets of supporters.

4. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Im out for tonight as my laptop is still not ready. And Im definately out for Saturday night as Ill be out of town.

if anyone wants to Call DIG to see if they are showing if for sure. Ill be wathing on my huge old Desk top computer from the house tonight.

Kick off at 8pm on www.usllive.com see you in the Chat room!

5. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huddock
    Sanfilippo-Akwari-Bobo-wilson
    Bermudez-Buete-Hemming-Williams
    Hienemann-Patterson

6. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    0-0 HT Battery playing pretty defensively in the first half looking for a corner

well see howm many subs we get and weather or not they go for the win late in the game

7. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Battery suffer first loss of the season. 1-0 to PR. goal off a corner in injury time. virtually the last kick of the match

Wasnt an attractive match and honestly Im glad we got the loss out of the way. hopefully they will play a more offensive match on Saturday.

8. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    Unfortantly we'll have to hear it from the PR fans that they accomplished something great by beating us....ugh cant figure out who i cant stand more PR or DC...almost a toss up now

9. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Hey boys, jeje
    Sorry to do this but its like my job.

Hows our favorite sons? LOL

10. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    Like I posted....right on cue.

I did learn one thing tonight from someone on the USLlive site....that we've been around for 16 yrs and havent won anything. Yet our banners say we've won 2 titles....but because (and this is where it gets interesting) it wasn't USL it doesn't count as winning anything. :confused:

But this is coming from Puerto Rico fans...what do they know about anything :)

If someone can make sense out of this please....let me know

11. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    LOL I wasnt gona post but your comment made me lol

12. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Round two tonight.

Im taking off to Columbia for my neices 16 Bday and not sure Im going to be able to find a hot spot to watch the match, so if anyone can text me updates that would be grand.

13. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    0-0 HT in Match #2 on the Island.....

14. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Early in the 2nd half....................Islanders 1-0 Battery :mad:

15. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Still 0-1 Islanders leading in the 74 min.......C'mon you Batts!!

16. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    'Tis over in Old San Juan.........Battery fall 0-1 to Islanders after 90 + 4......

Tough road trip....PRI take all 6 points from the Battery.......:(

17. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    Thats ok we'll get revenge when they come to our home this week. Ill just be glad when we are through with them this week so we dont have to listen to them anymore this season.

18. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Islanders are now top of the table on 25 points, followed closely by the Battery and Railhawks on 24 points, with the Portland Timbers still in the hunt on 23 points....the rest of the crowd is no better than 16 points at the moment....

19. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The only thing that I like in those 2 games was see Bermúdez play in both games. The cuban has been used in craies positions (he is centra defender and has been used any where but in his position). He have a good second game went he came from the bench, nice crosses to the from, good hability to escape from rivals especially that play in the midfield when he left two defenders in one yard and has to be stopped with a fault. I hope this is the begining for the talent cuban and he ca got more playing time

20. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They like Bermudez at midfield, because he has a nasty shot.

21. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was all juiced up to bitch some more about our lack of scoring and how that will be our ultimate achilles heel. Just think how solid this team would be with just one player who could consistantly score goals? But then I was looking at the standings and how many goals everyone else is scoring.

PR has 21 goals from 14 matches, next is Portland with 16 goals from 12 matches.

After that, there's 7 teams (or most of the rest of the league) with 13 or 12 goals, including us. So, it appears that the whole league has either gotten a lot better defensively or everyone is having trouble finding the net.

But still, if only we had a proven striker.......

22. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We might could score Luca Toni from Bayern... I hear he may be on the way out... ;)

23. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm dealin'.....let's talk!

24. Theonefish

Theonefish Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Greenville SC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And PR and Portland are fresh off the heels of absolutely dragging somebody. PR got 4 against Austin and Portland 5 against I think Minnesota. So if you don't include Minnesota's 3 red card meltdown Portland is right back down there with everyone else.

With us, its a lot of 0-0s, 1-1s, 1-0s and so far there hasn't been anyone to step up and score consistently. Its nice to have goals coming from everyone, but teams that score a lot of have one or two players who tally every game or two.

25. Theonefish

Theonefish Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Greenville SC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pft, have you seen that guy lately? He hasn't scored in 18 months for that podunk nation of his. :rolleyes:
    :D