Postion after Injury

Discussion in 'Player' started by leafdolfan, Aug 24, 2007.

1. leafdolfan

leafdolfan Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I tore a ligament in my ankle this march and started playing again in mid-late june. Then about 1/2 way through july I pulled the same ligament and won't be able to play again until October (but I might give it a longer rest this time). Anyways I'm usually an outside right midfielder, but at the start of this season, coming off my injury my fitness was really low and I lost a lot of pace, so I was moved to right back, but I was caught too far up a lot of the time, and some of my tackling is a bit sketchy (I probably set a league record for fouls in a game with out a card :eek:). Overall it was really unnatural for me, so when I return, what position do you think I should play in, until I regain my fitness (my team usually plays a pretty standard 4-4-2). Thanks for the help!

2. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    If you're not fit, why play at all? Get your fitness back and get to the point where you can perform in your old position.

Why settle for a place on the pitch where it seems like you could be a detriment(fouling all the time) when you can get yourself back to full fitness and play a position where you're able to help your team?

3. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    Depending on your skill set, but it sounds like your skills are pretty decent but you aren't the fastest player possibly a center mid could be a good position for you it sounds like to me(You would have to get better at winning the ball without fouling though just don't dive in, keep the guy infront of you until you can poke the ball away, it sounds like your offense comes naturally so that shouldn't be a problem, but to make a long story short centermid sounds good for you but I may be wrong.