Post-match: Dynamo vs Wizards Sat 05/01/10 [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by BayVol, May 1, 2010.

1. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nice 3 points....#20 looked great although I got a chuckle that they all put them up in the 21st minute. (Somethings in the US are hard to break lol).

Hope Landin is ok.

Fun to sit back and enjoy a butt-kickin.

FC Dallas...u hear that?

2. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woohoo!!! good game, and I'm posting from the parking lot on my iPad 3G, life doesn't get much better! And, let me just say, Landin was the best player on the field...:D

3. La Diva

La Diva Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Wow, just wow...wow. I'm speechlees...your right Brahma it doesn't get much better. The only thing I'll say is whoever thinks we don't have the talent to compete for the cup, you're just wrong. Wow.

4. La Diva

La Diva Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    BayVol there was a lot of conversation regarding which 20th to stand at, I decided to follow Brahma's lead.:D Most people were really excited to show their support. It was Cool.

5. NicaMexicano

NicaMexicano Member

Aug 6, 2008
    Houston
    Great atmosphere and another debut with a goal on the scoresheet. I'll take it. We had immense possession toward the end, but this was in a game that was already over and against a team a man down.

No... No negativity. Hard play from Mullen on the right was beautiful. The fact that numerous shots were even taken (ashe, davis, palmer etc) was a great thing to see.

Now I'm just wondering... Does the ball boy get to keep his job?

See ya on Wednesday.

6. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know what the classy KC Keeper said to the Ball Boy?

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I think he should get a promotion.

8. Idefix

Idefix New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    From what I heard, it was along the lines of "Give me the d*mn ball you little fu*ker"

9. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    in Danish.

freakin awesome. After they kicked the kid off the touchline and to the Dynamo bench side, the fans gave him a standing ovation. He got a bigger freakin ovation than Landin from my section.

The kid was probably 14 and has cojones the size of soccer balls, to do what he did to a professional and seasoned keeper. Nielsen-it's the kids world and you just live in it.

10. salsa_caliente

salsa_caliente New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I had no idea why everyone was booing Nielsen as I was watching on TV. I assumed it was well-deserved, though. :)

11. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we did look good tonight. i really, really wish KC had not gone a man down because i feel we would have won regardless. we looked very well in the second half, but that's almost a given due to it being 11 v 10. Ashe, whom i call the human turnover, had perhaps the best game that i've seen him have. Oduro, whom i call donkey, had assists on all three goals i believe. Landin did get a goal. it was as dumb lucked as oduro's hot shoed gimmie, but i'll take it. Both chabala and drew pushed up well and palmer had another solid game. Glad we won and won convincingly. again, wish it was against a full KC squad, but after the LA game, we are even stephens in the karma department.

the cameron "tribute" nothing but pure class, no matter if it was in the 20th minute or the minute that actually displayed his number. very proud to be apart of it.

don't think appiah will see the field after Jo gets here so very happy his first game includes a goal.

how does landin get man on the match and not the ball boy? and seriously, even if the ball boy is being an a-hole, how (as a grown man) do you act like that towards him? i no longer wonder why the danes have contributed nothing besides transformer furniture to the globe.

time to build on this and send the waldos back home crying on the corona holiday!!

12. JoshHignos

JoshHignos New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Houston

woah wait what happened?

13. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) Oduro and Landin ran their socks off tonight and both were rewarded (with a goal and a few assists)

2) Davis did well at the AM position.

3) Mullan's best match for us this year.

4) This would have been a great game for Navas to get some more time but happy to see Appiah play (and score on his debut)

5) I thought the straight red to Arnaud might have been a bit harsh. If I recall, it wasn't like Onstad had the ball for several seconds before Arnaud went for the ball. I thought that they got there at roughly the same time. Yellow? Probably. Red? I didn't think so but again, maybe someone can show me the error in my thinking.

6) Three points !!!

14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good game and we played pretty solid all around.

Landin had s very nice left-footed touch for the goal and played pretty well and showed some hustle tonite. On the same page with the rest of the squad most of the time.

The red to Arnaud didn't kill the game, but you had the sense that a second goal was coming and would do it.

Rocastle for KC should have been sent off for his scissor tackle on Chabala. How that is not a red is beyond me, especially when the linesman and the 4th ref saw it.

Before everyone gets too carried away with "challenging for the Cup" and other excessive praise, we did play two-thirds of the game a man up. We haven't had one of those "shooting drills" type of halves in a long time and we were just teeing off on them in the offensive half but they were pressing for a goal and committed guys forward.
    We probably should have had 5 or 6 tonite.

15. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ah yes. Forgot about this one.

So we need to have a thread that keeps a running total of these non-calls or poor calls.

1) Espindola's tackle on Boswell. No red for Espindola and a yellow for Boswell.

2) Danny Cruz's 2nd yellow against Chicago. Are you kidding me?

3) Rocastle's hack of Chabala and not even yellow.

16. La Diva

La Diva Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'm gonna be horse tomorrow from booing Nielsen that was hysterical, and we too gave the ball kid a standing O.

17. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    It's unfortunate Landin got hurt because this alignment seemed to to be something that could work until we got healthy. Mind you, not every week is the opposition going to put a slowpoke on Oduro, or red card themselves into 10 men (all fairness to Arnaud, you slow that down and it looks like a foul, but not a card or red, he's in there same time as the ball.....probably looked worse in realtime, though), etc., but I like Davis as an a-mid and it seemed like with speed on the wings Oduro had actual support for a change, rather than little support and too much incentive to freelance and lose the ball like he usually has.

I often give Landin stick and he didn't play a great game, but he did a good job of finishing Oduro's mis-dribble.....I mean, pass. Of course it was a pass....

I liked Appiah in his stint and what I saw hinted to me that he'll be better than Ashe. More composure on the ball.

I liked the bite in the defense, though some other week we'd have picked up a few cards (ref was nice to us for a change). It'd gotten a bit passive. We need to get in there and bust some plays up.

Serioux looked lost when he came in and maybe that speaks to where the Fire game went bad.

Needed win. I will say that it reflected as much of the dynamism of some of the players as it did their inefficiency. For all the talk about Oduro, and he deserves much of it, he didn't make the scoresheet. Rounded the keeper and hit the post with it. That could have been about 5-0 or 6-0. Other weeks I think that inefficiency hurts.

I'll depart fom the script and say the most useful thing they learned tonight was that Appiah might be someone they could throw in the midfield, at least as a sub. Considering we will be making do there for a while, that's good to know.

18. salsa_caliente

Nov 11, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a borderline yellow/red, in my opinion. The way the game was building up, it just seemed like things were about to get out of control and I think that's why it was red. When Arnaud stuck his leg out, Onstad was already going to get the ball first, so it was reckless. Was it a bit unfair? Maybe, but it was a poor decision by Arnaud.

When Rocastle got a yellow instead of a red for his scissor-tackle later, I couldn't help but think that maybe that was in the back of Vaughn's mind, that KC was already a man down. If Arnaud isn't sent off, then I think Rocastle is.

If that had been the first of any kind of physical play then I doubt Arnaud would have gotten sent off, but the whole time things just seemed to be heading toward a fight. Which eventually did happen, regardless.

19. La Diva

La Diva Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Who invited Eeyore to the party :p

1 person likes this.
  20. salsa_caliente

Nov 11, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last post...sorry to take over this thread but I forgot to say that this game felt like the Twilight zone:

Multiple Oduro assists. Landin goal. Landin and Mullan should have both had braces. And this...we play and finish the game with more players on the field than the other team.

Who are these people in orange and what have they done with the Dynamo?

21. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    In slomo it looked like he jabbed his foot in at the last second for a ball that Onstad didn't get grabbed until after the stab was made. Got his hand. Foul? Yes. Red? I think that reflects the ref witnessing it full speed and thinking he took a cheap shot, which it didn't look like in slomo. But refs see games in realtime and it wasn't wise to make the effort in the first place.

When Garcia was KC and Kamara was Dynamo, there was all that bad blood. Maybe that affected it. Red seemed a little jumpy. But I won't ask for it back, no......

22. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    how many people finish that shot and chip it over the keeper? i think that took more skill and cool head than "dumb" luck...

also, we have the BEST ball boys in MLS.. this aint the first time our boys try to kill a game...major props!!

ohh yeah.. and "the sky is falling, the sky is falling, we are not making the playoffs.. its over...im not renewing my tix..etc..etc....LOL.

23. La Diva

La Diva Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    WTF does that have to do with tonight. Thats the dumbest post you've ever made, of course I usually skip yours.

24. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    That was tidy and purposeful. Now, did Oduro mean to "pass" it? It looked suspiciously like one of his bad dribbles. But this is the sort of thing that happens if Landin (or anyone else) can keep up with Oduro and the play.

Enjoy the game-talk for now because this Times Square stuff is going to be all anyone will want to talk about tomorrow, not the Dynamo or even the Houston guy who turned his $100K Derby sweepstakes win into $900K by picking Super Saver...

25. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    You don't think that the ref is informed of and considers the teams' history when he reds someone like that? You realize there is the whole Kamara/Garcia history between these teams, with red cards issued before? Or do you really believe that's a red in isolation from everything else that's ever happened between KC and Houston?