Post Mancini era: Next Italian Manager

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by indestructible, Mar 24, 2022.

1. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I’m just going to assume he’ll get fired.

Please discuss who you would like to take over the azzurri

2. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'll be surprised if he goes anywhere.

3. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let’s dream a little

4. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Such a shame really because he is a good coach but just like other coaches, they're pretty stubborn with changes.

5. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don’t see him changing it up. What would a new Mancini cycle even look like? I can’t even imagine.

Italy needs either a strong selectioner ie. Ancelotti who is not particularly a style guy but someone who knows how to play the singles

or

A young style coach who will focus on youth and playing more modern ie. De Zerbi.

6. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don't get me wrong, i don't want Mancini to stick around, what would he do? Honestly I don't think he would change much.

Curious to see what come from this, news will give us a clue in the morning.

7. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    What about Pirlo?

calabrese8 repped this.
  8. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gravina said he will not fire Mancini and he hope he stays (moron)

Sky sports reporting that Cannavaro will take over Italy if Mancini quits

9. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rossonero23 and Midfield General repped this.
  10. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Doesnt matter havent birthed a world class goal scorer since the 70s

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  11. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    At least I'm not banned here.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Didn’t know we needed Bobone Vieri to score against the mighty defence of North Macedonia

13. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Wasn't even referring to Bobo and I would have settled for Luca Toni after watching 60+ minutes of trying to make crosses into insigne. But with Chiesa out with brutal injury and Zaniolo having back to back ACL tears and not lighting it up under Mourinho is there anyone you trust to have a moment of individual brilliance and break through a parked bus?

14. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Do you really think this game was un-winnable because the Macedonians parked the bus?

Berardi with an open net gives a nice pass to the Macedonian keeper? Pellegrini alone on goal and sends the ball wide? Immobile with his ten block shots? Sorry I don’t buy it. If Immobile wasn’t working (and it’s been obvious for a very long time) then why not adopt a new scheme. Play 2 strikers. Drop Insigne, play with fantasista. Find him a Luis Alberto. Play one of your in form wingers ZACCAGNI etc

Italy should have been able to beat Macedonia with Caprari and Pinamonti starting strikers and that isn’t a joke

Rossonero23 and calabrese8 repped this.
  15. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Was it Mancini caused Berardi's gafe (itself only an issue because the keeper made a boneheaded move)?

16. Alex101

Alex101 Member

Mar 15, 2017
    This is all Joringho and Mancinis fault, in the second game all he had to do was get Bonucci to take that PK instead or Jorginho and Italy are in. One simple mistake like that and this happens

Indian_Gladiator repped this.
  17. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm depress like literally depress, a second world cup without Italy! Just end my misery please.
    I still love you though Italy, forever Italia!

18. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

May 9, 2003
    Toronto
    I don’t think Mancini will be sacked, but I imagine after thinking it through over the next week or two he will step down and then jump back in with a club this summer.

19. Rac93

Rac93 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 29, 2017
    Just goes to show you that the euros was a fluke

Italy is brutal.

20. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

May 9, 2003
    Toronto
    Euro was no fluke, Italy was on a tremendous run and were firing on all cylinders. They were moving the ball well and finding ways to score. That dried up by the end of the tournament and they continue to maintain possession and dominate games but the lack of a true #9 is what came back to haunt them down the stretch.

johnny6, DOctore13 and calabrese8 repped this.
  21. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is there any coaches that have fought with Immobile before?

if someone will Panucci him into NT retirement then that’s good enough for me for now

22. Non Venite in Puglia

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 26, 2021
    Berardi was actually one of the better players for Italy today, along with Verratti and Bastoni. Not sure what all of the shade on Berardi was about in the other thread. Y’all missed the bigger problems, if you think Berardi was in any way, shape, or form an issue for this Italy team. Sure—he missed a sitter. But in all fairness that sitter was invented by him alone and came from absolutely nothing due to his intelligent positioning (which I can assure you was not by chance because he regularly picks passes off for Sassuolo in Serie A). That being said, Berardi was undoubtedly Italy’s most dangerous player. Playing a do or die qualifier with three players (i.e., Berardi, Verratti, and Bastoni) isn’t enough at this level though. Not when you are playing with one serviceable attacking player.

Immobile and Insigne were dreadful from the start. And have been for some time. Neither are capable of adding absolutely anything positive to a team that wants to play a progressive/attacking style. They are both black holes, where the ball or a string of passes goes to die, either by way of a ricochet off of Immobile’s cinder block feet or through Insigne’s propensity to slow down attacks and pass the ball backwards. Those two personnel choices and utter failures lie solely on Mancini.

If Mancini remains, which I don’t mind either way, then he must revamp the formation and bring in other players. Case and point—Raspadori. As soon as he came in today, Italy suddenly had a reference point that could receive a pass with his back to goal and link with teammates. For better or worse, new blood is required.

As the CF of the national team, Immobile has failed to help Italy achieve WC qualification for two cycles now. Does he score goals for Lazio? Yes—but as an all around player, it’s painful to call him a professional. He is so limited technically. As for Insigne, he can leave for Toronto tomorrow, if he wants.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  23. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    #23 Gilbertsson, Mar 25, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    It would be silly to replace Mancini. He created this generation of EURO success. Whoever arrives after, he will take the benefits of Mancini.
    Which coach to pick? Gasperini is in decline with Atalanta's story, Allegri is focused on Juventus, Inzaghi on Inter, Pioli could win the Serie A, Carlo could win the Champions League.
    Sarri? I doubt that Spalletti will leave Napoli. He is building something there.
    Conte is doing magic in Tottenham.
    So, Montella, older Inzaghi? I doubt that they can do something.
    Foreign expert?

Covid 19 affected a lot on European NT's, all those isolations, measurements, testing, quarantine. And this Russian invasion also affects everyone. 2022 year, but we all must struggle in fear of barbarism, violence, geopolitical unsafety, worries, economic challenges, questions about the future, life with nasty, eternal dictators. Kindness of West, created nasty dictators.

With optimism and positive spirit against aggressors, hostile enemies to the next EURO 2024 qualifications.:)

I expected the Macedonian bunker. They know how to harm favourites, saw this in earlier qualifications. I doubt that Mancini underestimated them. Since they took the name North, they gain results.:confused:

He could use de Sciglio, Luiz Felipe, Tonali, Pessina, Locatelli more.
    In attacking positions, the situation is not so great. Maybe Insigne, Zaniolo, Politano. Bernardeschi, Kean, Chiesa should improve. Spinazzola must also return.

Jorginho became playful, instead of fouling Trajkovski, he signals the handballing.:sleep:

CoachP365 repped this.
  24. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would gladly take Pirlo if the other option was Cannavaro (with Lippi and Ranieri). I don’t even know what kind of a coach Cannavaro is but the fact that he would be flanked by those two is not a good sign. That’s not the style italy needs

Rossonero23 repped this.
  25. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Would of faired better against south Macedonia.

totti fan repped this.