Post Game Thread: Red Bulls @ Dynamo 11.09.08 [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by BayVol, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love Chicken Fried Steak!

2. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, I didn't mean that exactly the way it sounded.

3. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    wow, my kind of group. i won't even highlight what i like the best from your list above. all that was missing was a trip to 1 of our of strip clubs and to 1 of our mega-churches and you would've been practically a local. :D

on a serious note, i always have mad respect for SGs that travel esp since its so difficult to do so in this country. in this playoff series our respective SGs had the longest travel distance to cover. thanks for coming. you brought more people than Dallas does.

4. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I might make it out to your watch party this Saturday. Are you guys doing Stout or Nevada Smiths?

5. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    come Art-that's a major part of ESC-they'll be in Mormon country on Saturday.

6. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the good thing about some of our ESC members, we have friends everywhere. We thought it was pretty good, made the walk to The Kettle (where the pic was taken) pretty pleasant, and it obviously whetted the appetite.

We regret that the BBQ we ate was from Pappa's, I'm sure there are other amazing places where the BBQ smacks you dead in the face and fills ya up and you want more. Pappa's was ok quality wise, but I thought the portions were un-godly. Truly everything is bigger in Texas...well, the women in short skirts being one of the few exceptions. The skirts weren't big at all, but the heels were!

We didn't get a chance to do proper Tex-Mex food, much to our chagrin, I was lucky enough to get some Breakfast Tacos at the airport food court, but it's not the same. The tacos were f***ing great tho, I can only imagine that a real place in town would've knocked our proverbial socks off.

Import beers at the Flying Saucer were mad expensive.

All but one in the pic will be in SLC. Watch party, I think, is at Nevada's. Nothing is confirmed, however.

------------------------------------------------

Note to all:
    Why does Lot 9C suck?!?! :D

7. houston_gunner

houston_gunner New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Houston
    Catbirds...............I now feel sorry for you guys or maybe it serves you right after beating us.