Post Game Thread: Red Bulls @ Dynamo 11.09.08 [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by BayVol, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI - Paul Dalglish and Brandon Bakke (sp) were in the VIP sponsor area (corner of the north end, you know, where they serve the margharitas) during the game. We asked Paul to put his boots on and get on the field. We could have used two or three goals from him yesterday.

Also, when all the players were warming up and walking past him, he made comments and said "Hi." Dom walked by and didn't even acknowledge that Paul was there. :rolleyes:

2. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Wait, so he actually drove from Dallas to stand with the ESC to root against the Dynamo? HA! That is HILARIOUS. I assumed he was just a misguided local (maybe he picked FC Dallas before Houston came along and then didn't switch teams...I'd actually have some respect for that to be honest). Man, what a complete tool.

3. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    interesting. if true, it confirms my suspicisions about the Dom-Paul relationship.

4. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    saw it with my own eyes.

5. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    i'm not doubting you or your eyes. :)

i was referring to the "truthfulness" of my logical leap.

6. OneTerryHurlock

Aug 24, 2006
    dom hates paul.

All because paul told him the truth about his injury when he slipped in the lake getting on a jet ski

Chingger tiold him to say something else but PD is honest guy.

thats what really bugs me about DK, we all know how loyal (to a fault) he is, but he get's some honesty from a good pro and treats him like shit afterwards

7. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    if you were my stock broker and were in charge of my money-and you went and bet my livelihood at the dog track instead of investing it properly (which may be the same nowadays)...but at least told me you did so-I would respect you for telling me the truth but hate you for playing with my ability to feed and cloth my family.

good pro is debatable with Paul-ask some boys on the Hiberian boards

8. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or just look at his career. In 13 years, he hasn't made more than 40 appearances for any one club. Not trying to hate on the guy. He seems like a good guy but I think his professionalism/work ethic are at least questionable.

9. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Daggers did bury two in our first run in the playoffs. It seems a lifetime ago with all the matches Houston has played. He did finish his chances when presented the opening. Anyone recall College Station?!?

That and he hits on 13 year olds. I saw that with my own eyes.

Not trying to hate on that dude as well but Daggers was crossing the North End isle after a home tie and was dressed to kill, I had met him earlier in 2006 and just said "get well" and kept walking. Paul was fixed on the 3 cute but very young girls walking behind me and the oldest had to have been no more than 18. He appears to have never really had his priorities fixed on footy. In his defense, it could be tough shoes to fill when your dad is the Scottish version of Michael Jordan. Paul appears to have taken to the George Best lifestyle where he spends all his time and money on muff, clothes and cars. The rest he just wastes.

10. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey. I said "douchebaggery" earlier. :p

11. mdynamo

mdynamo New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Not to put too fine a point on it, but how could anyone see the replay of the first goal and think that Richards was on side? It looked as if Barrett had stepped up to make sure he was off side, and the Dynamo player across the field certainly appeared to do the same thing. From the replay I saw, it does not even look close. Does anyone have a different perspective on this play, not that it makes a wit of difference today?

12. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, I'll give you credit for it. It's still the Word of the Day :)

13. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was browsing on some of the other boards and decided to produce a little old video in answer to some of that hatred and jealousy emanating from some of the Quakes folks who just can't get over it. Wonder if I should share it with them:

[YOUTUBE]zQ_dOBEKmzg[/YOUTUBE]​

Sometimes I just can't help myself - but the photos and lyrics go together very well.

14. freshpow21

freshpow21 Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Hey guys...I've been sick since yesterday. Horrible allergies and the rough loss did me in. Finally woke up around 2pm today. My girlfriend picks me up and we go into Boston Market on West Gray today and good ole Tony and BBoswell.com are eating on some bird. I said hi...and told Bobby that yesterday was a hard pill to swallow...but that we were with them the whole 90mins+. He said he was disappointed in the way they played at home. He apologized for his performance yesterday. We waved them out the door and told them that they have our support 100%.

This is just so indicative of what a wonderful thing we have in the Dynamo. Dale Dynamo!

15. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    nice..can you do something with some rought stuff -hard tackles, cardable offenses and put it to some Danzig or SlipKnot?

16. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not too sure anyone could do better than this:
    [YOUTUBE]52t5ifcmoxM&[/YOUTUBE]​

17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I came home and deleted it immediately from my DVR but from my perspective near the center line, I think Boswell may have kept Richards onside even though he was probably 10 yards away laterally. It was a semi-long very quick pass and I think it caught everyone a bit offguard (although ERob was out of position, as much as I hate to say it)

18. TrebleDevil99

TrebleDevil99 New Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Houston, TX
    And here he is!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=43177&l=92aca&id=577188900

Sorry I don't have the expertise of nbrooks on this, but you can see the "douchebag" up on the top left of the NY fans. Other pics from yesterday also included.

19. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy shit, I know who that is. Spectacular. Can't remember his name but I know the face.

He probably stood with more people rooting against the Dynamo on this trip to Robertson than any trip he made with Dallas.

20. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just copy the url of your image - then click on the "Insert Image" (little yellow thing that looks like a postage stamp with two mountains" enter the url and Bob's yer Uncle

[​IMG]

21. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I still have it - It looks onside to me, if you all really want - I could put it on youtube - but it will probably take me sometime to do it due to the sobbing and need to dry my eyes.

22. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love this team.

Been a while since I posted pics...I took more but it was hard to go through them all knowing how things went.

Pictures

Slideshow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I saw him after the game. If it was him, he had changed into a USA jersey to hide the shame of being a Dallas fan. :rolleyes:

It's not the first time he's glory-hunted with our opposing team.

24. JoeMax

JoeMax New Member

Oct 5, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, Dom was "in anger" but the ball was clearly meant to land in El Battalion and was kicked out of respect.

25. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thx Houston:

Chicken Fried Steak was unbelievable. Flying Saucer has too much beer and apparently, a lot of plates on the wall. Catbird's was...ummm, different, very "Park Slope~ish." Shiner Bock was great, didn't bother drinking any other beer. Hydroponic in H-town is almost as good as NYC's.

[​IMG]