Post Game Thread: Red Bulls @ Dynamo 11.09.08 [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by BayVol, Nov 9, 2008.

1. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    I'm a Columbus guy now-come on SCREW! get us our CCL spot.

Time to break out your black and yellow for this week....watch party at the Mezz?

2. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    even before it became a cult favorite, i always thought "D'yer Mak'er" was such an underrated song.

its not uncommon to come out of the TA section bruised, cut and sore all over from the jumping and clapping. the next morning after a big win, i'm usually still pumped and ready for the next game.

well this morning there was no adrenaline to pick me up, so not only do i feel sadness at our elimination but feel every cut and bruise.

3. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think we need a scapegoat.

Let's blame this on the bloke who started the "could y'all stop the bus in El Paso and pick me up on your way to Home Depot Stadium" thread.

He jinxed it - it's all his fault:D

4. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Quarter felt kind of like autobiography for my Zweibruecken AB days in the USAF, but the Rain Song was what I needed yesterday.

5. onecrazykraca

onecrazykraca Member

Apr 12, 2007
    Houstone
    I think i lost part of my heart and i need it back :(
    So i Renewed my season tix today :D

6. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'm in a daze and have a pain in my chest. I can't tell you who done what or who didn't do this or that, I can only tell you the pain will not go away.

Congrats to New York on their victory over us and I wish them well in their quest for the Cup. Thank you Dynamo for a great season full of highs and lows but always fun to be apart of these players of ours.

To my fellow Dynamo fans; thanks for being there with me through out the season. from Hawaii, through San Antonio to this past Sunday at Robertson. we'll meet again when we play Firpo.
    I will still make the trip to L.A. to see who wins the Crown this year even though I know it won't be our team. And the pain will not be any less.

Adios Amigos, Adios 2008, Adios New MLS Cup..........for now !!!:p

7. mdynamo

mdynamo New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Actually, I think FC Louie's comments were spot on. That is, it was really our shape that failed us, and to some degree the injuries to Davis and Barrett exacerbated that. But for me, the players did not adjust to NY's tactic of hitting everything early and often over the top to their speedy winger and forward. And when we got the ball, instead of a deliberate build up, keeping our shape, we seemed intent on burying them early with similar balls over the top. As a result, we lost our shape and the tactical advantage, and the breakdown on the first goal was a result of our failure to keep our balance in depth. Then it just got worse with the questionable penalty call, and while our guys fought until the bitter end, the combination of NY's defensive play and our seemingly lack of the final touch and we got bounced. This is still a great team which will have much success in the future.

8. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go back to early in the year and we fell into this trap in several games of just going Route 1 long balls out of the back constantly and struggled to score. That is one thing I like about the younger guys (Holden, Cameron, Ashe) - they tend to take more guys on one-on-one then say, Mulrooney, who hits long balls out of the back hoping to connect.

9. skajules

skajules Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's something to be proud of: unlike the other "football" team in Houston, Los Naranjas didn't give up when they were well behind at halftime. They kept fighting until the final whistle.

10. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    im in shock ,im overwhelmed with grief........but im very proud of our boys and our fans.iwas only able to watch on the internet but it was amazing to watch the crowd and the SGs especially

we will bounce back.Dom and OL will do their thing in the next few months to better the team for next season.......

but what now? me thinks we need a call out to all Dynamo supporters.All hands on deck to push for a stadium.there has to be a way to make some loud noise and influence the politicos....

i love this team so much.

comeonyoudynamocomeonyoustadium!!!!!!!!!!

we WILL be back and we will reign again!

best team best fans best coach best organization!

11. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, the douchebaggery on the front blog page regarding us is breathtaking. You'd think we were bounced from the playoffs for the seventh time in the row. :rolleyes:

Stay classy, guys. Stay classy.

12. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Texian Army - 11/09/2008

[youtube]YNeleWTZoS4[/youtube]

[​IMG]

13. szgg07

szgg07 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Has anyone seen the front page of the Houston Chronicle?

14. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, what's on it?

15. yogibear

yogibear New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    "Of course when you have the best MLS home team vs. one of the worst MLS road teams, and all you need is a win, I guess a 3-0 drubbing at the hand of the Red Bulls was really the only outcome."

By no measure do you have the best MLS home team. In days gone by you probably did, but no more.

2008 regular season:

Houston @ Home: 10-1-4
    Columbus @ Home: 11-2-2

(Oh, and just to underline it: 2008 playoffs @ home: Houston L, Columbus W. :p)

16. szgg07

szgg07 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    The Dynamo are on the front page for today's paper. It reads "Dynamo fail to move ahead."

It's a pic of ERob and RClark trying to head a ball against NY's midfielder.

.... Well at least we made the front page. :/

The article talks about all the advantages we had, and how this was NY's 2nd win on the road this season. The writer mentioned Wade's pace (or lack there of), and also mentions that Kinnear should have subbed Corey and Holden from the beginning to match Richards' speed.

17. Yo_soy_rayado5

Jun 16, 2006
    El Norte
    maybe we will lurn to keep the ball on the ground and quit long balling it. good god we lost possession on every play.

ching is def on his last legs. he doesnt help the team at all sitting on his heels, no explosion on the ball whatssoever. Our defense being flat footed vs their strikers should not be allowed. IMO holden ash and jaqua should have been out there in the begg. at least jaqua, we needed their speed and quick passing.

18. SokkerNut

SokkerNut Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I did. I guess he had to find something to cheer about sinch his own team sucks.

19. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't looked at BS until this morning, and I really don't want to go back and read all the posts here right now, but these are a few things I've been thinking about:

They played like they were playing on the Giant's field, and it probably seemed like they were. It looked like it was very hard, the ball kept bouncing really high and them and it rolled really fast. We need our own stadium, duh.

All through the game, I kept thinking about Rey throwing up, and if I was about to join him.

The ref sucked the whole game, but there was an incident as he was leaving the field at halftime, he kicked out a fan for something the fan said. After that, in the second half he seemed to really have it out for the Dynamo. It's not the reason they lost, but every time you would think things were about to go our way he would give the ball back to them on really weird calls.

That stupid NY rookie goalie was pretty amazing, at times he looked like he was in the Matrix.

It wasn't all a loss, two of our group got souvenirs... a game ball Dom kicked into the stands in anger, and one of Stuie's shoes. Not as good as a win, but it's cool.

20. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw on the NY boards the other day a guy from Dallas that was going to come down and cheer for NY. The loser.

21. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    how did i miss this dicussion last night?

in my realm, this so unacceptable. i hope never to see any of yous in your Dynamo orange sitting in another team's supporters group section. not only is it bad for karma, its also douchebaggishy.

if you do it and there's photographic evidence you will be brought to trial at the Orange Tribunal. no excuses. :D

22. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Look I think NY just had a better game plan that advantageously was facilitated through poor officiating.

Look back at the last game Baldo reffed for us - 0-0 tie at home with DC United. To me DC at least kept the ball on the ground a little more but they really just physically pummeled us that game and had a hot goal keeper.

Don't think for a moment that Dr. Osorio didn't look at that tape and notice who the referee was and how he managed the game.

Osorio's strategy was to get his back line and midfield to physically bash us and lump the ball in the air every chance they got. He knew Baldo wouldn't punish them too harshly for it (at the DC game he let it go until very late).

I agree with several posters that we didn't respect the space and speed that Richards had. Brad Davis wasn't enough help and neither were the central defenders.

RBNY beat us by wanting it more, having a better game plan and finishing their chances. Any advantage we had before the game was nuetralized by the conditions of the field and the referee's negligence in punishing the late challenges and body checks used to disrupt our back line and midfield.

The Dynamo players and coaches did not respond well to the changing conditions of the field, tactics, and the style of officiating.

The Dynamo will live to fight another day and will learn hard lessons from this defeat.

It just wasn't meant to be this year.

23. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word of the day.

24. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006