Post-Game Thread: 9/8 Dynamo v RSL [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by anderson, Sep 8, 2007.

1. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL and hopefully LA will be a nice cure to turn the fortunes around before the big play-off run.

3. Tubby

Tubby New Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Westbury/Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Does anybody know where to find online highlights of the game? Its the first game I've missed all season and Ashe and Jacqua finally blow up. The MLS website doesnt have it I assume because it was HDNet televising the game. Which I find retarded if they cant post highlights and its their own league.

4. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    There's just something that sounds so wrong about saying that...

Also, I stopped Jaqua's shot better than Rimando did last night.

5. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    I can't find ant either, maybe HDNET has the rights to the footage and won't provide it to MLS for free....

6. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pictures

From the tailgate to the Mezz.
    [​IMG]

7. elementbr10

elementbr10 Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Texas City, TX
    At halftime, they set up the 2 garbage bins in the goal and had 3 people shoot at it. Whoever got closest to the bin won a ball signed by the team. The bin was set up right in the middle of the goal so a straight kick would've put it close. The guy did a little run on to the ball and kicked it way wide to the left. The first 2 were right on the outside of the bin but still made it in to the net. His curved away from the goal as soon as he kicked it. Bad kick, but a funny job announcing.

8. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teh first goal shouldn't ahve been allowed. After that RSL only had a couple of shots and both of them went in. Lucky for them, bad luck for us, who kept shooting all night and made 4 of them.

Oh, I was paying no attention to that, except I heard the guy say "remembeer, guy, it's not a putting green" and I thought that was funny.

9. elementbr10

elementbr10 Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Texas City, TX
    I think my girlfriend thought I was crazy last night when I said that somebody needs to go down to the sideline official on the east end and tell him he needs to run with the play. There was a play that I could see was offsides and because he was standing near the midfield, he missed it. But MLS doesn't know how to call offsides anyway, so why do something right now?

10. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he was trying to guess where the shot would go and cut it off. I think he felt that the shooter wouldn't have tried to beat him near post. Guessed wrong though.

11. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They must ask the question of potential contestants, "Have you ever played soccer or kicked a soccer ball in your life?"

"No? Well come with us..."

12. elementbr10

elementbr10 Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Texas City, TX
    I forgot my favorite part of what happened yesterday. We go to the ticket window and walk over to the entrance that the supporter groups go through. Something they did over there that I've never had to do on the other side was take everything out of my pocket. I start pulling out my cell phone and keys and the guy looked relieved. He said to me "I thought you were pulling out a pistol." Yeah, I'm a bad, bad man. I carry pistols to the game in case the opposing team goalie tries to be cute and block shots.

13. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh.

OT: I saw on the Everton forum that I wasn't the only one worried about Howard slamming his hand against the crossbar. Just in time for ManU huh?

He looked like he'll be able to play but he'll be hurting for a few days for sure.

14. elementbr10

elementbr10 Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Texas City, TX
    Ugh, he hit his hand and I thought crap, he's out now. Hopefully his hand is fine cause we'll need him. I could've swore I saw an Everton away GK jersey for sale online earlier. I think that green jersey is awesome and would've loved to get that with Howard on the back. Maybe I'll be able to find one soon enough.

15. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone get any pics of someone resembling this? :D

[​IMG]

16. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You really shouldn't talk about Shwabe like that....:p

17. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LMAO! You should have heard the way we talked about him after he got his signed jersey! :eek:

18. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The couple that sit behind me always come in thru the west gate, and they have to empty their pockets. At one game the man had a pocket knife that he had to throw away, since they park in the $5 lot.

They have highlights on the Fox Soccer Report if you can catch a replay, it's in the second half hour, it's the last of the MLS highlights.

19. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanted Seitz to get in. Bradley needs to mix in some youth, aside from his son.

Calling in Wolff when he could have played Altidore, he must have been drunk.

20. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Top Drawer soccer report on RSL game.

re who was responsible on 2nd goal -

21. OrangeCajun

OrangeCajun Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Cypress, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Put a hat on for Christ's sake!!!:D

22. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's mean. I'd post a puppy picture I showed my mom once, but this isn't the right thread for it.

23. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the person responsible was the drunk guy who came down next to us and kept trying to start the wave, as soon as he go it almost going RSL scored, stupid wave.

24. DYNAMO_WARRIOR

Oct 31, 2006
    HOUSTON
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

RSCA_TEXAN It’s about time you recognize that Ashe has skills, he just needs to fine tune them. He did an awesome job assisted a couple of goals…
    And OBW My hat it’s better looking than yours!!!:D:eek:
    Much Love GO ORANGE!!!!!

25. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really. This just sums up what professionals are on staff at the Rob.

You look suspect you gun carryin' evil man. You probably do look like a guy that will take a loaded weapon to a MLS match. You should earn the nickname "TRIGGER" from here on out.