Post-Game :: Crew v. Houston [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by fidlerre, Jul 10, 2010.

1. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    0-0...

Another point on the road.

2. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Robert played for the draw from the start with this lineup.

4. equus

equus Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Was Renteria injured?

5. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    No

Should have been the first sub in the match for the Crew

6. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Structurally sound match. You could tell they were playing for a draw with Gaven out the outside instead of the middle.

Crew were losing it on Frankie and Eddie's side for a while the first half but got it sorted out pretty good the second 45.

It has to be tough playing in that weather. I got tired just watching them run.

7. Aaron d

Aaron d Member+

May 15, 2005
    Wooster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    please lock this thread for lack of interest of everyone involved including players. Boring play, coaches going for a tie, horrid announcers, players out of it due to heat, what's really to say.

8. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivas beat KC. New York tied. Crew maintain their dominance in the East.

9. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they wanted Renteria fresh for Wednesday.

10. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I would like to believe that but Robert is our coach

Probably the same lineup with Lenhart starting instead of Garey

11. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What's with all of the hatred for Dwight and Dante today? Jeez.

12. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    Don't hate the callers, hate the game.

13. equus

equus Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Weird after he wreaked havoc with DC, getting behind their D and creating chances for himself and others. :confused:

14. Robbo Crewfan

Robbo Crewfan Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jan 21, 2007
    C-busite in Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *rant warning*
    This was particularly lame tonight. Checking the Telefutura, ESPN, and FSC websites, don't look like it was on one of them either (which is what their broken link seems to suggest is the issue). Looks like the only broadcast was on ONN (per the Crew's website), but I can't get that in Indiana.

I paid the bigger fee this year in hopes of the stream being better. The quality is better, but it seems as if more of the Crew's games aren't being streamed live than are... I emailed them letting them know they're in danger of losing my business. (Heck, I'd even pay 50% more if they'd stream the Champion's League/USOC games since they're midweek, and short of taking vacation time I can't be there live).

As is, well, I'm feeling ripped off (when it was free on yahoo, back in the day, even tho it was a crappy feed, it least it was free).

*rant off*

1 person likes this.
  15. Brutus112

Brutus112 Member

Feb 4, 2005
    New Albany, Oh
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we also picked up a point on the gals today.... not a bad result even if it was painful to watch...

16. cbus3

cbus3 Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 9, 2009
    Paxdecke
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I literaly fell asleep . I don't completely blame it on the boring play fit for the weather. I blame it also on the terrible broadcast/viewing quality (announcers, audio dificulties, no crowd)

not gonna lose sleep we got the point but with the LA loss it was a golden opportunity for the black and gold

17. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey. We got a point, in Houston, the Galaxy lost, the Red Bulls only got a point at home, and we didn't have anyone come off the field injured or with heat stroke.

That game could have been played on my front lawn, and it wouldn't have been any more interesting. Sheesh. But I'll take the result. Especially since Ching missed a 95%-er in the first half.

Iro really struggled tonight. I wonder if Brunner comes back on wednesday.

Come to think of it, I don't know if Schelotto is really designed to go 90 tonight in Houston, and turn around and start on Wednesday. Wouldn't mind trying Renteria alongside Garey, with the usual midfield, or with Gaven in the middle and Ekpo out wide. But with the short turnaround, and the Open Cup matches we just played, who really knows what the hell we'll see.

18. BenHouck

BenHouck Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got to the game and found about 8 other crew fans. It was hot as hell and everyone looked tanked after. My first thought after was that they will have a tough time recovering by wednesday. Good to get a draw with two great chances going the other way and only one ours. Gave ching a nice us reject chant when he was in ear shot in the second half. Three crew games in 7 days!

19. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, the online version is basically the same thing as through a TV provider. You get league games televised regionally, and that's it. Games on TeleFutura, ESPN, and FSC aren't on Direct Kick or MLSSoccer.com. ESPN generally sticks to Thursday nights, although that does vary. FSC had the San Jose at Philadelphia match earlier today.

Every Crew game on ONN should be on MLSSoccer.com. Sure, you may not get the ONN broadcast, but you'll get the game. I think there's one game later this season which is on ONN and TeleFutura. This game may not be on Direct Kick, so "stay tuned" as they say.

I never remember it being free on Yahoo. They had a two week free preview (maybe there was a loophole somehow if you signed up with different email addresses), but then they got you at $5 a month, although you got other content with that as well.

Fox Soccer Channel and some of the various Spanish-language channels (forget which ones) have the rights to the CONCACAF Champions League. FSC also has the rights to the USOC, but don't expect much else shown other than the final.

20. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brian Ching's miss was the highlight of the match.

On to the next one.

21. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Cowardly performance

#18 played a good game finally, hope he keeps it up.

22. Soccerfan28

Soccerfan28 Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Roger, wasn't good but wasn't bad either tonight. I thought that RW was going to sub him for Ekpo at the 60 mim. b/c he looked tried, didn't do anything much and took a shot at goal but missed badly, going behind the goal and out of bounds.

23. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uhhh.... isn't this pretty much the same thing we always run out? Are you implying we always play for a draw?

24. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI: If anyone was at Fado and didn't get their 10% off, the waitress told me that a bunch of people there were new (Claddagh castaways??) and may not have realized about the discount. ... just saying.

25. DAFCrew

DAFCrew Member+

Feb 27, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    If you're trying to post something more interesting than discussions of tonight's match . . . you pulled it off, and then some.