Post game comments: Brazil -Argentina sept 3rd (r)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by BigSoccer Bot, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Gago :D

by the way Basile said that he will start a schedule of picking only local players by the beggining of next yr in January and work with them because he has a lot of local players in mind :D

2. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu
    Well boys and girls...we got shown up. What now? Messi must play more games in La Liga...Aguero appears to be a more machore player. Roman? He I think he did great but perhaps maybe its time to look at more enganches. Gracian, Aimar, Piscu? Maybe not Piscu...El Pocho he kicks the ball like a baseball player when the thing open. Oh dear. Well it appears Brazil put emphasise on scoring. Argie tries to develop the play...while brazil looks for the goal. Demonstrated in their superority in the final play, hense, the goal shot. Anybody ever notice that Brazilians have better aim. And less dilly dally en momento de la definition. That appears to be our weakness...solve that and we are nothing short of perfection. Bati was a guy who had that shot...and the oh well ******** it i am gonna shoot it anyway. Brazilians have that oh well ******** it attitude when it comes to scoring. Or just seems that way. We must develop that....i think its a mental, cultural, roadblock so to speak, we obvious got game we have the monsters...do we that shot? That let go and shoot brain. Does anyone agree? Anyone know what i am getting at? if not i'll just shut up

3. chipotaple

chipotaple Member

Mar 31, 2006
    CA
    Club:
    CD Chalatenango
    Of course I know(about everything) , you need a Batigol, or a Crespo, you find like one or 2 guys like that and your in. Riquelme and crespo in the same field were unstoppable.

4. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    d'alessandro was absolutely brilliant again. He can be a really infuriating to deal with. His dribbling is quite unconventional, just when it looks like he is about to lose the ball he somehow manages to play it through. Not to mention his passing and his shooting ( particularly with his left foot). Just a very smart player who is no turtle like certain playmaker...:rolleyes:

And all this talk about finding a #9, he is right in front of our noses. Diego Milito deserves to get a look in the NT. I would argue that he should have gone to the WC but unfortunately Zaragoza were losing momentum and Cruz went instead.

5. Blue-and-White

Blue-and-White New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Canada
    Aimar and D'Alessandro should start for the NT. Starting at the midfield, Argentina should look like this:

-Messi........-Requelme.........-Aimar........(D'Alessandro as a sub)

-Aguero.............-Tevez
    (Saviola could start and be subbed for Aguero, or Aguero start and subbed for Savi)

I think that would work very very well. Messi and Aimar are very fast intelligent players who will keep things going, whereas Requelme will set up great plays.

6. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    i would say make riquelme sit on the bench and have D`alessandro start he was the man of the match today and pablito showed class!

Riquelme, Saviola, Tevez ------> Bench

i would say

-----------------Gago

Belluschi-----------------------D`alessandro

------------------Aimar

---------Messi---------------Millito

Belluschi was great with river today he is such a class player guys!

Mascherano, Maxi, Bilos, Riquelme, Aguero, Tevez, Higuain, Saviola make any changes with these guys

just wanted to make something clear our problem is that the players pekerman picked sucked in counter attacks! which is really bad but those guys are the best when it comes to counter attack then u have aimar, messi for the center attack and belluschi, dalessandro, clemente, cabrera for the side attacks this way we play on all sides just like boca do with basile

7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pictures of the Brazil - Argentina game taken by Leon12:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    You know,you make me laugh.Any time a player(s) have a bad game you want to go ahead and replace them and come out with a whole new list of players that should be called to the NT.This isn't the case with Riquelme cause I never liked him to begin with.You have to give the coach some time,thats what these friendly games are for.Ok we lost to Brazil but im not going to panic just yet.

Bilos isnt for the national team.Higuain still needs alot to grow and mature.

Riquelme to sit on the bench? And have D'Alessandro go in just because he was man of the match vs a very mediocre team from the liga? I know you know or have more reasons to backup your statement.

I don't even want Riquelme on the bench.He is through atleast to me he is.He had his chances and I don't care what people have to say.He is 28 yrs old right now and will be 32 by the next WC so imagine if he is slow now what he will be in 4 yrs.

One player I would def bring back I don't care how old he is ,is Roberto Ayala.Baressi played till he was 50 and I know Ayala still has some gas in the tank.

I don't like alot of players Basile called for this friendly but its a start and we has fans have to give him time.

11. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Nice pics leon, boca fans are everywhere :D.

D'Alessandro has been performing since he moved to England. His performances are certainly worth highlighting. Espanol is not a mediocre team, the game was in fact very complicated and Zaragoza were one man down ( Ponzio got red carded for no reason, apart pissing off the ref) for most of the game.

Diego Milito is such a lethal finisher, you cannot leave him open any minute or he will make you pay. He keeps making those runs and stretching defenses. He is very good in the air and is a slick dribbler despite his long legs.

I would actually incorporate him in a formation similar to Barca's with Messi and Tevez.

-Messi-Milito-Tevez

I believe this could work if we find the right balance in midfield and defense.

Cambiasso had a marvelous game against Fiorentina, should be called back. Crespo also had a good game but I am afraid he is not our long term solution.

12. Blue-and-White

Blue-and-White New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Canada
    Tevez should not be on the bench...him and Aguero, Saviola, Milito (I dont know much about this guy) or Maxi Rod (not sure on his age) should be the strikers.

Messi and Aimar in the midfield would be absolutely amazing, both very quick players....put D'Alessandro there also or Requelme....

I somewhat like Requelme, he has great vision, but is slow, so I would give hime a chance to play with Messi and Aimar and see how he does...if it doesnt work out then just leave Messi/Aimar in the midfield and possibly add D'Alessandro.........off course Mascherano will be defensive mid.

If I have to watch another Argentina game with Messi as a striker, I might comit suicide.

13. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

u know i always read ur posts and u seem to have something against boca players! maybe its cause ur a san lorenzo fan? listen bro im an independiente fan but when it comes to representing argentina i really dont give a shit what team u go for if ur a good player :> Bilos was our best player the other day against brazil he actually made cicinho sit back! or else we would have lost 6-0 if cicinho had a good game but everytime he made a run bilos was there to shut him down.

and i fu think dalessandro just performed ur mistaken man he's been performing since last december incase u dont watch!.

Higuain needs more time??? yeah i know but if u dont start calling him now to get some NT experience ull end up in 2010 without a striker :>:>.

i dont replace any team for not performing ive been talking about these players since last yr bro read my posts :> and those arent any new list of players aimar, dalessandro, millito actually theyve been called to the nt before even riquelme gets a call :> but sadly pekerman took over :>

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    San Lorenzo fan? LeoRIVER doesn't sound like a Cuervo to me.. :rolleyes:

15. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006

hehe.

I do not think Basile would remove Riquelme from the squad or from the starting lineup. At least give him some creative support.

16. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    I dont think he'll make it till the next world cup but i do wanna see him in the squad for the next yr or so, cause we have a new generation and i think that Ayala, Riquelme would be some great experience for the new guys to learn from! im not saying he's my favorite but the new boys need someone to learn a bit from and lets have him on the squad untill dalessandro, aimar show us some great performances and deserve to be starters

17. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    There, I simplified your post.

18. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

19. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Exactly. Nice to see another Independiente fan by the way :) How can people say that Gago is a creation of Ole ? Don't you watch Boca games ? I find it ridiculous to deny his talent. Once he reaches his potential he will be a complete box-to-box player.

20. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    even basile thinks that he is a perfect player he's only 20! in 2 more yrs the whole world will be talking about him and i wouldnt be surprised if he sits mascherano on the bench! i also think that torres is a good player in that position as well

21. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Only bitter rival fans would make such stupid claims as those. In fact just watch the Boca-Sao Paulo game last week if you doubt Gago's ability.

Not talking to you "Pekerman" just to those bitter fans out there. :D.

22. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    I was really impressed with D'Allesandro yesterday. he is quick, he knows when to dribble and when to pass the ball, he can take set pieces, and he have good work rate. i was really impressed by him and i think he did right thing by joining a spanish team. I was scared to change Riquelme but now if D'Allesandro performs the way he did against Espanyol yesterday then he should be our playmaker. I was told Basile plays with only one DM, so i hope this can be our line-up

-------------Back Four :p------------------

--------------Maschernao--------------

------------D'Allessandro---------Riquelme/aimar

Messi-------------------Aguero-----------Tevez----

the thing i like about this line-up is, Maschernao plays better when he have all field on his own, When we have 2 playmakers it is hard for other team to man-mark them. i want to play D'Allesandro and bench either of Riquelme or Aimar is because D'Allesandro is better in Defensing. Messi, Aguero and Tevez can play very good with Riquelme/Aimar when there is D'Allesandro, because this all guys are very good in one touch.

now if you want Barca formation the team works very good IMO:

---Zabaleta--------Ayala/Gonzalo------Milito--------Heinze

-------------------------Mascherano----------------

------------D'Allesandro-----------------Riquelme/Aimar

---Messi---------------Aguero---------Tevez

i wish Basile tries this players and formation sometime.

and boy i was feeling pity for Zabaleta yesterday. i hope he gets another better team to play.

23. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006

I started to get the same sensation while watching RZ yesterday too. After that amazing first goal, it opened up and D'Alessandro's pass to Milito was perfect.

In any case, I like your team but I still insist that we need, how everyone says, a no. 9.

24. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    When have I said that?

If you have read my posts previous to the world cup and in that Villareal thread about Juan Roman you will see that im not being biased.Boca ,River,Cuervo,Rojo, whatever team they play in and are being the best desevre a chance to play in the NT.

Also if you have read my posts in some RIVER threads I have critize River players if they aren't playing right or whatever it is.

So don't put words in my mouth.I say it like I see it.After all this is a forum to talk about whatever and give our opinions.

Don't hate on me for the reason that I don't like Riquelme.That he is a good player noone will ever take that away from him but to me I don't think he is fit to be Argentinas conductor or 10.Just him coming from boca makes it a bit more of a reason.

I've been at games where the fans chant Maradoooo Maradoooo and I have sang with them, and where or what does el Diego represent? Next.

Shit I evern scream Palermos goals when he played in that Copa America in Paraguay.Then yet he misses 3 pks.Not to mention Riquelme also played in that team.

Castroman:

Yea I tend to talk shyt about boca here and there but thats the fun we have coming from both sides.Its called trash talking im sure you and Racing fans have it your ways aswell.

But if I have to be serious and give my insight just like everyone else on a certain topic I will.

And no, im not a cuervo fan, but my dad is.

As for Gago,yea that kid has mad potential and I do like his style but what I don't like is that es un "sobrador".Where to me one has to be humble but whatever then again I don't always get what I want.But as a player I have no hate on him besides him being a bostero.

Another player that to me that deserves a chance at the National team is el Rolfi Montenegro.Showed it in River and now in el Rojo.What else does he have to do to prove himself?

Dr.Know,you don't know shyt ;)