Possible new TV home of Quakes in 2005

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by TWill, Oct 25, 2004.

1. TWill

TWill New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Modesto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sacramento Kings launching new channel

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/basketball/kings/story/10935621p-11852949c.html

By January, the channel will be available to Comcast customers in the Bay Area, too - though Kings games will be blacked out there, as the Warriors own the TV rights in the territory.

While avoiding specifics, Gonzales acknowledged Comcast's general interest in adding at least some of the Bay Area's teams to the SportsNet West stable.

-----------------------------

Unless Comcast secures rights to Giants or A's this might be a good option for Quakes games next year.

2. cristoforo7

cristoforo7 New Member

May 14, 2003
    Comcast would also have the resources to present Quakes games in high definition.

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point I would guess that the Earthquakes would stay with Fox Sports Net Bay Area, though it's too early to tell if Comcast SportsNetWest will indeed carry broadcasts of some (or any) Bay Area teams.

As the Sacramento Kings games on Comcast SportsNetWest will be blacked out in the Bay Area, does that mean that Golden State Warriors games on Fox Sports Net Bay Area will be blacked out in the Sacramento area? :confused:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

4. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They always have been.

5. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know people who aren't into soccer can't understand why anyone would watch a soccer game on TV.

But could anything be more boring than a regular-season NBA game featuring the Warriors? On TV, no less?

6. tedwar

tedwar Member

Jun 24, 1999
    Richmond, CA-EastBay
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it depends on who the Warriors are playing!

Teams that pass well and move the ball around and run are fun to watch, like Memphis and Sacramento.

But for all the (legit) complaints about the seemingly endless MLS season, the NBA's regular season is probably worse.

Tony

7. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt that a Sacto sports station has an interest in showing the Warriors. However, I would guess that the Quakes, Sharks, A's and Giants would be prime contenders.

However, I might want to change the name of the thread to 'additional' rather than 'new'. I don't see how this would affect Quakes on FSBA.

I've long been interested in seeing the Quakes build up a family of TV and radio stations broadcasting the Quakes. This would be a great step in that direction.