Possible #10's

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Pegasus, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rumour that Ariel Ortega might be coming to MLS.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2008/01/latin_american_updates.html

On same site someone posts this " D'Alesandro, who is very unhappy at his Spanish club for lack of playing time, and may be headed back to Argentina would be a MUCH better target for a loan deal. He would be a league MVP, I would almost guarantee it. Any team that lacks a number 10 and is somewhat competitive, he would win you the MLS cup". Also a mention of Riquelme and Veron as Plan A where Gallardo and Ortega would be a plan B. I used to like Ortega but as a player on the small side who is 34 I don't think he would be that effective in MLS. D'Alesandro or Riquleme get me pretty excited but I don't believe either are headed to the US.

2. nutella

nutella Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Plateau
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More likely to be Marvin Oliver or Rocha = pragmatism.

3. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    In my opinion, we have a bigger need for a PASSING and CREATING experienced international quality # 10 than even a forward. Although we were told that we would get a like replacement for Ruiz.

A young up and coming promising forward + a heavy weight attacking center mid would be just fine with me.

However, another whirling dervish of dribble passed of as a center mid would be a disaster.

4. CreightonMCFCjoey

Jan 30, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no way D'Alessandro come to MLS. He still has a few great seasons in Europe.

5. JaySlick

JaySlick New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Arlington
    watched ortega play for river last night and he could still have a major effect on games. he was the #10 for them and river would beat the pants off of any MLS team. he was one of their major strengths connecting to Falcoa

6. accion

accion Member

Nov 28, 1998
    dfw, texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    d'alessandro supposed to going to san lorenzo because river doesn't want to pay zaragoza the 3.5million it would take to get him. He has lots of problems lately at zara, including a fight with pablo aimar. Speaking of Burrito, the new season is just starting in argentina so it's not the right time for him to leave. A month ago, maybe, today, no.