Portuguese Players Playing Abroad - Thread No. 6 [r]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by vilafria, May 3, 2012.

1. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  2. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Both Dalot and Leao again very impactful for Milan in the Europa league today. Dalot was awarded MOTM.

3. Super Dragao

Super Dragao Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Oct 12, 2020
    Toronto - (Rogers Road) and Northern Portugal
    Pote will be gone in January and sporting will be screwed.

4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Andre Silva: 12 games this season: 10 goals, 3 assists.

Felix in La Liga the last two years: 38 games, 11 goals, 3 assists.

:whistling:

5. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I wouldnt take any stats from that league seriously.

Luka Jovic (Benfica reserve) was supposedly world class while there.

Jovic in a real league: 21 appearances 2 goals.

SCP_16 repped this.
  6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fair enough. I believe there is absolute truth in what you're saying.

On the flip side, La Liga is garbage this year, Barca can't pay their players and are going nowhere, Madrid is also crap and got whipped in CL, and Real Sociedad is in first place.

Nonetheless, I get your point.

7. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Manchester City have kept clean sheets in 15 games out of 22 that Ruben Dias has played in since he joined

HandofAbel repped this.
  8. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Andre Silva with another brace today.

9. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Cancelo has been bossing it for the past 10 or so games.

10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Dude is an absolute baller. Our best defender easily.

11. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    How do you guys feel about Andre Silva coming back to the national team? He’s doing well for his club.

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Nah, even though he's a better player in the national team than Felix, Felix will still get the start because he cost €120 million.

13. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Santos will definitely call Silva to the next squad he names.

Despite some accusations, Santos, although he may make questionable decisions, they are his decisions. He doesn’t cower to pressure from the federation, nor does he display that weak minded (almost feminine, emotional type) clubismo mentality that many posters here do.

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nice swipe, dick head. You gotta be fucking delusional to think some of Santos' decisions haven't been based on either football agents or other external bullshit (clubismo included).

Silva always deserved a call up but was getting snubbed for a €120 bust of epic proportions at the time. If you can't see that than I'd say that you're choosing to ignore it.

15. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Right, so his 2016 European championship winning side had a clear Sporting backbone, but only later, after the nations first triumph, he’d be influenced by things that didn’t influence him in naming his first tournament squad.

The swipe isn’t to you personally, but to all who hype up or tear down Portuguese players based solely on club affiliations. I will always take swipes at people like that, and there is nothing wrong in how I described as being a feminine mentality. My mother and sister would probably make decisions emotions like that. My father and brother? Not likely.

So you, or others do it against Benfica players. I’ll call it out forever, just like the I will to the posts that do it against Sporting affiliated players.

eurodad repped this.
  16. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I’ve called out the clubismo garbage, the shit that has effected our national team and has influenced many of our managers in the past, from my very first day on these forums, and I will continue to do so. I have a bias too. My passion is the national team. If any of are comfortable bringing your emotional poison to the national team, I don’t see why I shouldn’t call it out for what it is.

17. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    I respect that !!!! Nation over club

18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I'd feel the same way if my club was starting absolutely ZERO Portuguese players (SLB with 0 Portuguese in today's starting 11) or if my club was getting players called up based purely on the overhype of them playing for SLB (Sanches, Felix, etc.)

19. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't tear down players because they played or play for rivals. An example is my admiration for Cancelo, Guedes (when healthy, which is never), as well as various Porto players like Ruben Neves, Segio Oliveira, etc.

I tear down players that have absolutely no business being in the positions they are in, being overhyped simply because they play for rival clubs. Do you get it yet, or do I need to explain it more? If Felix or Sanches played for SCP or Braga, they would never get called to the NT. That's my point. Clubismo and football agents have a huge influence in call-ups. Remember, the backbone of Sporting players didn't begin the tournament as starters, but when players like Sanches weren't doing much (with the exception of the Poland game), that's when you saw some of those players get the start.

I mean, you literally have posters here trying to downplay Silva's accomplishments so far. That is Clubismo. The NT plays better when Silva is in there with Ronaldo, but he won't get a shot because of politics and the aforementioned reasons I stated previously. If Nelson Semedo and Guedes continue to get called up, then that further illustrates my point.

20. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    There was a time that 95 % of the players on our NT were Sporting players and I was fine with it. There were some player calls that I did not agree with but that is coach preference . As long as our NT does well I would not care if there were
    Zero Benfica players . I honestly believe that

21. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    That being said, yes there are some picks this coa h has made that do not like at all.

22. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  23. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Wow really nice. Thanks for sharing that video bud. I cant ever remember a time that we had this kind of depth on our NT. I cant help but wonder how many titles we may have won if we had this kind of depth when Ronaldo was younger ? Pitty

24. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The only thing missing from this team is a Rui Costa in his prime and even Figo

25. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

He's already scored 3 more goals since then.